It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tennessee woman snaps photo of unknown object

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I see a definite structure to that object now. However there is no apparent other features in the video. That could be a 2km wide starcraft or the size of a CD. Some trees, buildings or even the moon would help... as would the other 2 photos.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manolete
I see a definite structure to that object now. However there is no apparent other features in the video. That could be a 2km wide starcraft or the size of a CD. Some trees, buildings or even the moon would help... as would the other 2 photos.

With Photo Shop I was able to bring out rather large panels on the bottom of the object.

There we also vectoring nosel's looking things plastered all over to bottom of the image. They were some what hap haphazardly placed & directed.

There is nothing else in the image that would allow scaleing of the object.

There are no stars or even noise that lends me to believe it has already been processed by some software.

1 101010

--Watcher

[edit on 7/26/2010 by n120by60w]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
It is a long exposure of a street light no doubt. Street lights fluctuate at a frequency that cameras can pick up; I had this happen while trying to film a thunderstorm for lighning and accidently bumped the camera and it produced a pulsing bead streak like this! I know the pole does not show up, but if a picture is too dark it will not get picked up by the CCD.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by SonoftheSun

I changed the contrast some and it looks liek there is a reflection or another object in the image to the right and lower ....

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b14566de4d5a.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Interesting pics for sure. I wonder if this could be a yacht window like the one filmed in Turkey? It kind of looks the same, but serious I know it is not a window from a yacht in Tenn. I just couldn't resist asking that. Now back to the reality of this pic. There seems to be somewhat of a structure of some sort on the lower section but just don't know, but it does look like there is something. This is one of those pics that needs to be looked into a little bit more. This is one to watch and see what others think it is.

[edit on 26-7-2010 by tsurfer2000h]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by svpwizard

Could be artefact...your guess is as good as mine...but I do have this feeling that it's been "touched"...

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by tsurfer2000h

There are members here that have a good eye for pics like this one, and for sure, more experience than I do for depicting what it could be.

Hopefully they'll stumble across this thread and give their honest opinions.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Things to be considered regarding this photo.

1- Anonymous source.

2- No EXIF Data, removed by MUFON or by the source who claims this photo was taken
with a cellular phone and yet no EXIF data, who removed the EXIF and why.

3- Source claims three photos were taken but only shows one.

I think these are enough arguments to be very cautious with this photo unless the
source provides more information.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by SonoftheSun

Interesting shape! Thanks for posting!

[edit on 26-7-2010 by crazydaisy]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by virraszto

that enhancement you did brings out
a lot of interesting detail to the underneath
of the object.
looks like a lot of round nozzles or tubes?
good job S for you.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
There are a few artifacts of some sort in this image. I turned off the lights and viewed it in total darkness and was able to see a bit more.

This is the top right corner of the photograph magnified in Photoshop at 200%. It looks like tree leaves perhaps.

This the artifact in the photo to the direct lower right of the main object.

I found this one hanging out in the right side of the image about half way between the main object and the edge of the photo. If you pull up the link to the image someone posted above and scroll it, you can see which things move with the image.

It looks to me like a reflection of an object in a double pane window. The problem is that I cannot directly identify the object or discern anything else definitive in the photo.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
lol

It's a torch lamp, most likely with a piece of dark construction paper on top of it, or some other type of lid.

Taken in a dark room, or reflecting off a window for dramatic effect.

I swear people really stop trying hard these days.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
A torch lamp, perhaps. But we can't be certain about anything regarding this picture.

I totally agree with free_spirit when he mentions that unless more info, data ( or pics ) become available, caution is recommended.

I've posted this pic hoping to get data, or picture clues. I don't have the software to do so. Some posters have come with interesting ideas and some with diligent work on the pic. And I thank everyone who took time to try to bring light to whatever this thing is.

However, unless other pics come up, this one is just a "nice" pic...

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Why do you people keep chasing stupid lights??? There is a web page for this:
www.nomorestupidlights.com...

If its not a good picture, there is no point in wasting time.....

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
This thread grabbed my attention: Great post/find!
I, too, (along with spouse) have had this very same type thing happen to us. Unfortunately, we did not get a photo. A plane, or so it seemed a plane, was heading our way, and I made a statement to spouse that, "I ought to run get my camera", for I had enough time before the plane would be overhead. (Had been trying to experiment with night photography ... sucky camera though ..).
....Well, this thing was heading directly towards us. As I said, we thought, " landing lights" , "plane", etc. , was heading toward the airport, but as soon as I made the statement about getting the camera, it totally blinked out like 3 houses away and it flying very low. The experience was almost like "it had heard my statement". Kinda freaked us a bit.

OP UFO: First thought was a light with motion blur. Lol , boy, do I have plenty of these...Then when zoomed, I'm not so sure what to think..what an optical illusion, hoax, or lampamacallit!
. Possibly a UFO, although one unlike I have ever seen.

In reading the report of the friend of the witness, however, and imo, it sounded all legit UNTIL I reached the part where it reads, "Could anyone tell me if these are real?" or whatever the actual quote. Well , normally, imo, you wouldn't question your friend's truthfulness, now would you? That part alone made this suspect.

Just to mention, the Winchester Industrial park, is practically NEXT DOOR to an airport. I am familiar with the area, but do not recall any lamps like that though... will double check when the opportunity arises.

Have REAL photo experts gotten hold of this yet?

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Torchiere Floor Lamp..?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d1ed969283a7.jpg[/atsimg]

*edit to add I just noticed someone else said torch lamp...my bad

[edit on 27-7-2010 by facelift]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by SonoftheSun
A torch lamp, perhaps. But we can't be certain about anything regarding this picture.

Sure we can be certain.

www.brandsplace.com...

Click to enlarge the pic, you can even see this model of lamp has the ventilation holes drilled in a similar fashion as the one in the OP.

It's a torch lamp. Nothing more. Nothing less.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Soloist

Not exactly a garden lamp but I think an actual patio heater. Just check this comparison
I made with a stainless steel patio heater I found wich looks more accurate. I made
some signals and I think the most important is the burner, do you see both images?
The patio heater in the photo is iluminated by an external light probably from the
garden lights and if you turn all the lights off to make an illusion and take a picture
out of focus it could look like this one don't you think?

Slide the bar to see whole picture

And here check the video.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Yeah, maybe so.

Taken from outside against a window from a darkened room, it's quite possible.

It's definitely one of the two.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by free_spirit
reply to post by Soloist

Not exactly a garden lamp but I think an actual patio heater. Just check this comparison
I made with a stainless steel patio heater I found wich looks more accurate. I made
some signals and I think the most important is the burner, do you see both images?
The patio heater in the photo is iluminated by an external light probably from the
garden lights and if you turn all the lights off to make an illusion and take a picture
out of focus it could look like this one don't you think?

Slide the bar to see whole picture

And here check the video.

That would explain the nozzles at the bottom of the object they posted in the picture. Using multable contrast adjustments brings out the features. I would like to post mine but have not figured out yet how to post it.

Like I said previously it looks like the background around the object is blank of data. This leads me to believe that it was altered.

1 101010

--Watcher

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join