It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tennessee woman snaps photo of unknown object

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Here is the picture:

Apparently she took this with her cellphone.

Found this one while browsing through ufo casebook.

Here is the link:

www.ufocasebook.com...

Interesting. Opinions?

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
It looks to me that the picture is a relatively long exposure (perhaps more than one second?), and there is motion blur caused by movement of the object or the camera, or both -- Therefore, it is difficult to discern the true shape of the object and the arrangement of the light(s).

The bottom line is I can't tell what the object looks like because of the motion blur.

The article mentions that three pictures were taken. Where are the other two?

[edit on 7/26/2010 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Interesting photo, though no landmarks or anything to tell relative size, direction, speed, etc... Still pretty neat to see something so clearly defined especially if it's with a cellphone as claimed. Unfortunately, with a lack of any additional info I cannot say what it may or may not be other then it's unidentified. I really like the lighting on it, if it is a hoax it's at least more original then some of the lantern photos we get a lot of. S+F Thanks for the post.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
That could be anything. It looks to me like she set the exposure time too long and either it moved or she moved.

However the colour is interesting as cyan is an unusual colour for any terrestrial aircraft to produce.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Where are the other two photos? Why mention it (in their article) and not present them or at least......explain their absence? Frustrating.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Yea I would have to agree on the long exposure, but the color is what's making it hard for me to think of possible causes... Could be an intentional hoax with a model of some sort? Look forward to other opinions.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by XxZenTruthxX

Yeah the color is remarkably, just like a radar...signature or return...on a screen...if I was not told it was a pic...

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
If you look closely it is like the object has a structure. Instead of a single point of light on long exposure the main light could be the top of an object with structure beneath.

The lights below seem to have a symetry to them.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
That is pretty interesting tbh
but then again it could just be an absolutly nothing

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Long exposure could make sense. But I'm really not sure regarding this one.

Yes, there were three pics taken. It is frustrating that we don't get to see the other two. Hopefully, casebook will update this story eventually and post them.

It does look like it has a structure but there seems to be quite a bit of pixellization around the object...hoax? shopped?

At first she thought it was a plane...could it be?

Looking forward to other replies on this one.

edit to add.

[edit on 26-7-2010 by SonoftheSun]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
interesting pic to be sure.
shame i am not trained in the art of photo analysis
there does seem to be some structure to the "thing"
nice find.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
whats funny is that it kinda looks like one of those light wands, or poi that changes colors or can stay one color depending on the setting you use.... they also sometimes have lights on the handle or below the main lights which could explain the lower light structure. I used to use them at raves to make photos like this intentionally. Using the long exposure times you can create images or write words with the light as like a brush in the air. To recreate this would be fast and super easy in a dark room with black clothes, gloves, etc. on or a ski mask to cover your face up. Alternatively you can just use photoshop to edit out the person holding the wand. Just a thought I had. I don't have any links to examples yet but I'm fairly certain it'd be easy to find some on the web.

[edit on 7/26/2010 by XxZenTruthxX]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I enlarged and played around with the lighting and this is what I got.
Interesting.

Edit: I wish I knew how to avoid having half the picture missing from ats upload.

[edit on 26-7-2010 by virraszto]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   

this is just an example of what I meant though it would be more convincing at a distance and turned horizontal also it's a bit more complex then a single light source that's one color

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by virraszto

Interesting. Now that I see it enlarged, I wonder if it could be a picture of a ceiling light being reflected.

Not this model but I'm sure you know what I mean. It's curious that they don't show the other two pics from this lady.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Sort of like that?

Where in the link it says atsimg remove the ats so it just says img.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

Thanks! That's been bugging me for the longest time.

It almost does look like a ceiling light.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
It would be better to watch the original photo here, big size best resolution.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Here's another one. Check out the circling around it. I've never seen that before. That might be caused by something I did. ?? I'm still playing around with the photo.

Oh and thanks free_spirit

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   

I sure as hell would like to see the other two pictures but they are not on mufon.

Best I could come up with

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join