It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They Want the President Dead?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shades1035
reply to post by ~Lucidity

If they were not racist Hill Billies believing Fox propaganda, they might've been disappointed liberals that thought Obama would turn USA in to a more like a european-style country with free health care for all. Sadly, he hasn't and probably will not.

GAH! I come back from Tai Chi feeling a little ashamed regarding my earlier rant and read the thread and my blood get's up all over again.

Listen I must be a racist hillbilly although I don't live in the hills but at least I understand that "Free" healthcare costs a hell of a lot of money. Do you not understand the concept that somebody has to pay for these things? Is it beyond your ken to understand that it's not the rich who'll pay? Jesus man, do you have any thought in your head that isn't based o0n racist class warfare?

Personally I think the op is honest and well meaning and I actually don't want the president assasinated, prosecuted yes, assasinated no.

but it don't really matter now

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Oh it happened. The only other close thing I've heard in public in person was the singer of a band at a biker bar on the 4th of July said something about taking Obama down before he took the nation down. This was right before he made everyone say the Pledge of Allegiance and then played God Bless the USA at midnight.

And yes, I should have asked where they stood on Bush, but I'm getting tired of brawling in public
Looking back, I do wish I had asked them more questions, but prolonging the "discussion" didn't seem like the thing to do at the moment. And again, the entire actual incident was short. Maybe a minute. Then nothing.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by RomeoDandy

Hey, it's an emotional thing to watch your country go to hell for 30 years. I'm trying really hard to focus on the really large issues like wars and the huge debt and not worry about the relatively trivial issues, and to me the cost of obamacare at this moment is not one of my top worries. All we have is projections of what it might cost when it does kick in and lots of if if ifs. To me, that's been one of the things that distracted way too many people while the walls closed in on us. We can argue it's costs and merits later...if we still have a country left when it kicks in, ya know?

Along these same lines, most people aren't getting sucked in anymore by things like gay marriage, religious right, and abortion. Not nearly as much as they used to...while the walls closed in around them.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
It's almost as if a critical mass of awakening has been reached resulting in the 100th monkey effect kicking in.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   

i dont like his policies but you should report this offence as this is a crime called sedition

no violence is aceptable
encouraging murder is a crime and the definition of treason

please dont call for violence as this is a CRIME

XPLOdER

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I do not like this president one bit. He is bad for the country in my opinion and has not lived up to his promises of change. But I do not want him dead. That is not what my country is about. I will teach my child to disagree with politicians at the ballot box. Not the bullet. We must always respect life and the beliefs of others. Otherwise, we are left with anarchy and mob rule if we start gunning down our elected leaders. Even if they fail us. Vote him out when he is up for re-election and his power shall end. I cannot see it any other way.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   

In 1992, I was in a waiting room in the VA hospital. Bill Clinton was on the TV. One young guy started talking bad about Clinton. He was shouted down and he other old vets began praising Clinton. Meh.

I think it's all got a lot to do with people just don't like the current president. All their troubles stem from the current POTUS. At least in their opinion.

Meanwhile, if anyone doesn't understand that GWB was a puppet, well, sorry for your delusion. And if anyone doesn't understand that Obama is a puppet, sorry for your delusion.

And I'd like to say, also, it doesn't matter that Obama is sort of black. That is not the problem. Even if he did every single thing that GWB did, he would be hated. It's a party thing. It's a system meant to divide us all.

I could go on and on about all this, but, there have been many threads in the past about this sort of psychological hoodwinking of the citizens.

The only dead presidents I want to see are on the federal reserve notes.

And Ben Franklin doesn't count as a dead president, but, I would happily take a large pile of his portraits in green and cream.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I am absolutely appalled by this! And I am shocked that this sentiment seems to be widespread as well.

I am a Democrat and yes! I voted for President Obama.

I always vote Democrat.

Prior to this, when Bush was President - I wasn't too happy - but I accorded the man the proper respect - respect the office if not the person!

My relatives are immigrants (to US from EU) and were primarily Democrat also. But - when there was a President they did not care for, such as Reagan, there was no disrespect even spoken about the man - nor were us kids and grandkids allowed to disrespect. Sure you can disagree, but you will be respectful and perhaps a bit more so as this is The President. You were to accord proper respect.

Once, in an unused part of our house - I found a framed portrait of Nixon. And they hated Nixon. But we often did have a pic of The President hanging in the home whoever it was.

The point being is - I was taught that you do not disrespect The President. Let alone wishing or planning harm. Such a suggestion would have earned a solemn lecture from my Grandparents.

Advocating violence does not show "wisdom" to me.

Also, my elders would have said - if you don't like your lot in life - YOU get to work and do something about it! You did not point fingers and blame others. And when things changed - you got along and worked *with* others.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Yes I agree it's just racism. I did not like Bush Jr at all, but not once did I wish him dead. I've always been aware that killing the president is stupid because the shadow government will still run the show.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

You're the first person to have said that. Honestly? I don't know if I could do it. I suppose I really am judging based on exactly how they said it, their ages, and the low probability of them ever making a real move to do it. Would I report someone half their age if I heard them say they were planning to do it? I think so.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Maybe these folks haven't heard that it is ILLEGAL to threaten the President of the United States.

Take a look at what the law says...
18 USC Sec.871 says...
(a) Whoever knowingly and willfully deposits for conveyance in the mail or for a delivery from any post office or by any letter carrier any letter, paper, writing, print, missive, or document containing any threat to take the life of, to kidnap, or to inflict bodily harm upon the President of the United States, the President-elect, the Vice President or other officer next in the order of succession to the office of President of the United States, or the Vice President-elect, or knowingly and willfully otherwise makes any such threat against the President, President-elect, Vice President or other officer next in the order of succession to the office of President, or Vice President-elect, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than five years, or both.
(b) The terms “President-elect” and “Vice President-elect” as used in this section shall mean such persons as are the apparent successful candidates for the offices of President and Vice President, respectively, as ascertained from the results of the general elections held to determine the electors of President and Vice President in accordance with title 3, United States Code, sections 1 and 2. The phrase “other officer next in the order of succession to the office of President” as used in this section shall mean the person next in the order of succession to act as President in accordance with title 3, United States Code, sections 19 and 20

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by CT_Flyboy

Yeah, I know. And then there's also the terroristic threat section of the Patriot Act that law enforcement takes very seriously as well.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
reply to post by tyranny22

Arent you aware that whomever takes office next time will drag the same people with them???

its all the same. Different masks. They will all be there. Still.

Not if there were a Required Service by every American to serve on the Senate and Congress. Much like being called for Jury Duty or for Selective Service (which is exactly what this would be).

No matter how ignorant or how brilliant. Each and every American, whom is capable, would be required to serve two years. And earn the current salary. I guarantee people would stay more attuned to what goes on in Washington.

It'd be virtually impossible to corrupt the system. That doesn't mean corporations and special interests wouldn't try, but it's a lot less likely.

Plus, we really would be ruled by the people.

Certainly there would have been NO bailouts passed. And I doubt we'd be in Iraq or Afghanistan still.

[edit on 26-7-2010 by tyranny22]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix

I say they are patriots who love this country enough to do the right thing and oust the corrupt government.

I say if I was there, I would have picked up my cell phone, and dialed my home number and then said,

"Hello? Is this Homeland Security? There are a group of terrorists here discussing plans to assassinate the President. Take a picture for ID purposes? Ok, hold on a sec, K?"

And then taken a photo of all of them. I can outrun old people. But it would have driven home the point that they are breaking the law, and the very agency they and their party created, would throw those "patriots" in jail for saying what they did.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
What makes me mad is the vitriol spewed at obama for half the infractions imposed by bush.

The level of hatred is totally unbalanced between bush jr and obama. It's as if bush could have lit fire to a box of kittens, and he'd have gotten a silent nod of approval from the nation -- but obama undoes is fly to take a leak and he needs to be impeached -- or worse.

I gave up on keeping track of the bias.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones

I know a few fox news watchers here in Canada...there seems to be NO reasoning with them.
Saddam did 911 with OBLand had WMDs, Russia invaded Georgia, There is no such thing as Palistinians, The Indians were starving when the white Christians got here, we did them a favor by putting them on reservations and feeding them...The US is a Christian country. God hates homosexuals. Jesus tells me how to vote, Muslims are of the devil...Faux is fair and balanced news....What I choose to beleive is the way it is...I'm gonna be raptured out of here...It doesn't matter what crimes I commit, I'm going to heaven 'cause I believe in the bible word for word...(except where faux tells me what I choose to believe, and it contradicts the bible...Some times I'd rather be told what to do, it's easier....

You can't make this stuff up....

[edit on 26-7-2010 by Danbones]

What a completely ignorant and offensive thing to say- I watch FOX from time to time and I certainly do not agree with or subscribe to all that stuff you listed...wow
Maybe people watch FOX not because they are "hypnotized" but because it might be the "least" (please note I said "least"- they are not perfect by any means!) biased out of all the big media outlets? Just a thought...

[edit on 26-7-2010 by Skippy1138]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
if you think about it theres not much people left in this country who DONT want the president assassinated.

think of it this way... they kill president kennedy for opposing certain wars and abolishing the cia (something we clearly are in need of) but they let obama ruin our currency and start a fresh holy war that only he believes in???

does anybody notice whats going on here?...

it doesnt seem like the hag that said those things about obama was racist either, it just seems like he was fed up with the current situation were in...

heck, obama was for offshore drilling and trying to get that started here in the pacific. now the gulf of mexico disaster strikes and bp announces theyre moving their drilling sites to other oceans across the globe? give me a break! obama clearly supports this.

obama is in support of all these con-artists and hes one himself too! i dont see why the op is even taking obamas side of this?

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

They weren't discussing plans as much as saying IF I could get to DC and wishing, and in one case predicting. And they weren't only old but pretty infirm. I'd say that would have probably caused a heart attack or a stroke or two. Seriously. The rest might have have laughed. How much more do a lot of us have to lose?

But I take your point. And I think this goes to the heart of why it's disturbing me so much. Was I wrong NOT to turn them in? Did I make too many excuses for them in my head? Are they a real threat? Is it up to me to decide?

I mean for all I know, the one guy might be the leader of some radical group planning something. I highly doubt it, but you never know. All these kinds of thoughts kept running through my head, you know?

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
reply to post by Chance321

But death? Assassination?

Every time he gets on Air Force One or Marine One....I light a candle in front of the Baby Jesus....and say a prayer that He sees fit to take his Marxist, Statist a$$.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skippy1138
Maybe people watch FOX not because they are "hypnotized" but because it might be the "least" (please note I said "least"- they are not perfect by any means!) biased out of all the big media outlets? Just a thought...

[edit on 26-7-2010 by Skippy1138]

Or maybe they watch because the girls are pretty and everyone is so friendly in the morning. To say they are the least biased just demonstrates how hypnotized they have you. They are the channel that fought for and WON the right to force reporters to read made up stories. Must have been no bias going on to warrant that eh?

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join