It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They Want the President Dead?

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by FuzzyDunlop

Yes...I love witnessing meltdowns...but don't tell anybody that.
I'll deny deny deny...

I think we better stop.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

I really can not believe the people in the states (and you meet the odd ex pat American here with similar views) that are probably hoping and praying for Obama to be assassinated. Firstly, it's irrational, because it's not as though the President, regardless of who they are, have any *real* say in political decisions that are made (This is after all a conspiracy site where one would be hard pressed to NOT be able to find threads about the NWO and Illuminati). Secondly, because, crap.. he's a human, and a father. How could anyone feel justified wishing that upon a family. We should be willing to mourn even for suicide bombers. Not for what they did or chose to believe but for what the *could* have been and accomplished.

This is slightly (completely) off topic, but out of curiosity what type of media coverage do your fallen servicemen/women get in America? I mean, specifically coverage stating their name, age, where they came from. Information preventing them from just being a statistic.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Allllllrighty then, I'd be damned surprised if a few ATS members who posted on the first page don't get visited by the Secret Service. Even if that's how you guys feel, are you actually TRYING to get yourselves red flagged?

First of all, (morals and legality aside) assassinating any US President these days is completely pointless. The office isn't about any one man. It's about Corporate interests.

Not only do US Presidents not call the shots (they merely announce the shots being dictated to them by their handlers), but if you take one out, they get replaced by the next corporate spokesperson.

So wake up and snap back to reality. This isn't 1963.

JFK was that last true president this nation had. Now they are all former oil executives or attorneys.

The root of the problem are the CEO's and Central Banking cartels. They are the ones pulling the strings.

And for anyone who feels big and tough and mighty by voicing their opinion that "killing that S.O.B. in D.C.", you are further from the solution that you could possibly imagine, and you sound like a misinformed fool.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Information and coverage varies. It's typically a local news station and newspaper, and they usually include at least the name, hometown, military branch, and age, sometimes with mention of surviving family members. Sometimes there is additional media coverage, depending on a lot of variables.

A friend of mine recently lost her husband in Iraq, but he was a PMC, so there was nothing. In fact, this was two months ago, and she still doesn't really know how he died. I hear this is common with PMCs, no matter which country they're from.

There are also some tributes like this and this, which is particularly haunting.

[edit on 7/28/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrJay1975
These older people remember what America was. And what it stood for. They see what this country is being transformed into, and they don't like it. The younger generations don't get it for the most part.

Yet, where on God's green Earth did these "older people" get the idea that assassinating the President makes things better?

The last time we had a President killed, if I remember correctly, this country went down hill.

The problems this nation has are much, much bigger than who's currently wearing the Presidential costume.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

Hi Harry,..
Are you seriously worried about a visit from the" SS"
Kinda funny how that could be interpreted in another way huh?

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by HelmkatCare to back that up with facts? That is a pretty big claim to make that 50-60% of the American public think Obama is a Domestic terrorist.

Current 'registered voters' consists of:

45% Republican
10% Libertarian/Independents

Can you do the math? Remind me... What percentage of voters are die-hard Democrats? 45%. Even though Obama won the election with Independent voters, the 'voter' world has flipped towards the other direction. Independents, Tea Party, Conservatives, and Republicans will be voting for who? Republicans and Independents! If you asked all 55% of those voters what they think about Obama, what answer do you think you will get? You need to pay a little close attention to the details. Who do you think makes up the tea-party movement?

~ Angry Democrats
~ Angry Republicans
~ Angry Conservatives
~ Angry Libertarian
~ Angry Independents

Majority of the people 'respect' the presidency, but they have 'serious issues' with the man in the suit.

Why the heck do you think Obama is trying to give citizenship to the illegal immigrants? He wants to wipe out 55% of the voters who are angry with his policies. How does he do this? Grant illegal immigrants citizenship, so they obtain the right to vote by November 2012.

Yes, the pendulum has swung.

[edit on 28-7-2010 by Section31]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

I'm not worried because I didn't advocate nor condone the suggestion. There were a few members that did, however, and if they don't get visited by the SS then I'm not sure what one would have to say exactly to do so.

If I was profiling potential "issues", it would be someone who says this about the story of the old people who advocated the assassination:

These people can see the truth. I applaud them. If we do not stop madmen like Obama things will get worse. When your over 40, perhaps you will understand.

I think someone who feels passionately enough about this issue that they make public announcements like that, it would behoove the SS to visit that person to make sure there isn't anything really behind those words for them to worry about. It's happened many times before, the SS visiting people who make comments like that on internet forums, so I don't see why this would be an exception, unless of course the SS is too busy.

[edit on 28-7-2010 by harrytuttle]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   

That's really sad. I know up here, every time we lose someone in Afghanistan it gets coverage on our national news as well as local (I would assume local coverage countrywide). We know their names, faces and who they were in the real world.
I'm not trying to say we're better because of it - Ideally there would be no need for that type of coverage - I'm saddened that they're not similarly honored in the States. To me that's an inexcusable shame.
If it's acceptable for them to risk their lives, it should be acceptable for the Coca Cola Company to give up even 30 seconds of advertising time for people to see just who are giving up their lives.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   

At varying times, some of the national shows did a weekly tribute. I don't know if anyone is doing it now.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Section31

Not to be a pain, but they said the same about Bush with the illegal/Mexican vote as well as the religious vote. Explaining/bringing up this deja vu all over again is getting very tedious. I only do it to point out things are not that different today as they were for the past 10 years. As someone said, this is politics.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Well unless a person threatens repeatedly to harm the prez,. I don't think the SS is gonna care,..
But ,. It is what it is,.
the prez just isn't well liked.
personally ,... I couldn't really care

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   

After rereading your story again, I came to the conclusion that its fabricated. It presents a too perfect of a story, which carries a narrative similar to someone in the main stream media. You have motive, drama, suspense, and a climatic revelation.

Do I believe people want to hurt the president? Sure, every president has his enemies, and our own president most likely has made some serious ones along the way.

Do I think 'many' people 'literally' want to hurt the man? I think many people want his presidency to fail quickly. If they do want to hurt him, they will do so by voting against his policies. Obama and Democrats have given all voters, across all spectrum, reasons to be very upset.

According to the polls that count only voters, 60% of the U. S. population disagree with the passing of Nationalized Healthcare and Amnesty for Immigration. You have to read the Rasmussen Polls, for they only count 'actual voters'. Other polls count the whole population. Since the whole population does not vote, those polls are rather useless and meaningless.

www.rasmussenreports.com...

Right Direction or Wrong Track: 28% Say U.S. Heading in Right Direction

31% Give Obama Positive Ratings on Energy Issues, 46% Grade Him Poor

54 % Favor Justice Department Action Against Sanctuary Cities

Daily Presidential Tracking Poll: 27% of the nation's voters Strongly Approve of the way that Barack Obama is performing his role as president.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Again. Not fabricated at all. I have no agenda, just grave concern. But believe what you wish.

And I will note again, that this president has record numbers of actual death threats and has had so since before he was even elected.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity

Again. Not fabricated at all. I have no agenda, just grave concern. But believe what you wish.

And I will note again, that this president has record numbers of actual death threats and has had so since before he was even elected.

Since I am not a paranoid type of person, I will believe that you are telling me the truth. It just reads off too much like a book. That is why I drew that conclusion.

Not to be a pain, but they said the same about Bush with the illegal/Mexican vote as well as the religious vote. Explaining/bringing up this deja vu all over again is getting very tedious. I only do it to point out things are not that different today as they were for the past 10 years. As someone said, this is politics.

You are correct. Bush and Obama have angered certain types of people, on similar subjects, but on the opposite side of the spectrum. Sometimes they are on the same side of the spectrum, but they don't like the overall solution to certain issues. It does get annoying.

More people are paying attention. Since he is reforming American society at an extreme level, people are becoming nervous and more informed about what he is doing. Since more people are watching him closely, the number of threats he receives will also follow upward.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Thank you, Section31. That's a fair analysis on all counts. We all have our roles in the game to play. We have to play smart. Hard changes take a strong leader and a strong country, not a divided one. If there are weaknesses in either, the other is there to take up the slack. But why these days does this always have to be negative?

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 04:16 AM
link   

reply to post by Chance321

Maybe so. But they were VERY angry. The man who started it literally spit and his hand finger pointing at the TV was shaking. That's why I even noticed. If it had been just a mumbled, "Someone ought to kill that guy," I probably would totally agree with you and wouldn't have even looked up from my book.

It's strange. I don't know where you were at locality wise, but I've never heard anything like that. I'm deep in the middle of Republican country, and the only times I've heard any reference to assassination was in the fear of it happening. Honestly.
I flip through all the news channels, I've watched Olbermann, Beck, Imus, the lot of them. I know more than enough people that watch Fox, but never had any of them behave in the way you stated those people did.
I've never felt the need to assault the President, and I've not heard anyone else express it. I know many people in my area want to vote him out, or replace Congress.
Maybe where I am is very small town.
It seems surreal to hear of old people suddenly switching from napping to spitting, frothing, pointing fingers and wielding six shooters.
Actually, it would be something amazing to see.

edited to add:
There was no one else in the waiting room of your age group? Or younger?
Just you, your companion, and a posse of old people?
I hope what's wrong with you can be cured, it seems like an octogenarian's disease.

[edit on 29-7-2010 by TheCounselor]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by TheCounselor

They did not have guns! The woman who was napping apparently really wasn't...she just looked up and said what she did fairly calmly. I think she was listening...she was sort of a row over and to my left and probably couldn't see the TV. The man who started it was the one sitting closest to me. He was the instigator and the loudest, and he pointed and sort of spit. I remember that because I was afraid it would hit me. The Asian woman (I think Korean) just said it's going to happen. One of the other men had a pretty booming voice. And it all happened very fast. Also, I mentioned before it was in Atlanta, and it just seemed like a snowball. When it got back to calm, it was almost as if no one wanted to say a thing for fear it would start again. At least that's how I felt. I just looked at my friend, sort of like with and "eeek!" face. I think the next time we heard a voice was when a patient came out from being seen and went to the coffee machine and complained that it was cold.

The two of us were the youngest there, as near as I could tell by at least 20 years, and in some cases by my estimate 30 or 40 years. The man who started it was probably the youngest after us...and he was at least 75. It wasn't me who was being seen...just my friend had an injury to a thigh vein from an accident. I'm assuming the others had one type of vascular disease or another...two walkers, a wheelchair, and lots of those compression things on legs and ankles.

[edit on 7/29/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Wow.
You can recall that fifty minutes of your life in a doctor's waiting room better and in more detail than most can recall their wedding days.

That's amazing.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by TheCounselor

It only happened last week. And I wrote it in my journal when I got home. I'm pretty observant and remember things well. I can even tell you what the man sitting closest to me was wearing.

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join