It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meteorite hits fan at cricket match

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Two cricket fans' enjoyment of a county cricket match was interrupted when a meteorite sailed towards the boundary ropes, hitting one man in the chest.

Now that's what you call a lucky escape !!
The meteorite measured five inches in length and I guess is big enough to cause death or serious injury if it had been a direct hit .

Mr Marszel, an IT consultant, told the Daily Telegraph: “We were sitting at the boundary edge when all of a sudden, out of a blue sky, we saw this small dark object hurtling towards us. “It landed five yards inside the boundary and split into two pieces. “One piece bounced up and hit me in the chest and the other ended up against the boundary board. “It came across at quite a speed - if it had hit me full on it could have been very interesting."

uk.eurosport.yahoo.com...

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Dude's now rich. Fact. I just hope he realises just how much space rocks are, they go up 100fold once they hit a person/man made object. It's probably worth 100 grand or so!!

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Now that gives you some awesome crap talking rights. I mean some people say "I've been hit my lightining and survived, beat that." This guy can be like "Biyatch, I'VE BEEN HIT BY A METORITE! AND SURVIVED!" I think thats wayyy more bad@$$ then getting hit with lightining. AWESOME!

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

You know i don't think he's even thought of that , the tone of the report suggests it's been taken away for analysis , I hope he gets it back

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Haaa I don't think so Gumment man!!!
You can have my meteorite when you can pry it from my cold dead glowing radioactive hands!

Good stuff, this guy has got a real story to tell his kids.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
So is the guy lucky or unlucky? Could have a serious debate about that

Any remember Stephen King's role in Creepshow?
edit: Well he drops an S-bomb so I un-imbedded YouTube. Just follow link.

Creepshow - Stephen King Meteor

[edit on 26-7-2010 by primus2012]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
It hasn't been confirmed that it definitely was a real meteorite. Hopefully it will be soon. Here's the original article in the Telegraph:

www.telegraph.co.uk...

new topics

top topics

join