It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pre-Crime? targeting infants from birth, your child at risk

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
How desperate is big pharma when they want to target your new born children to have him or her hook for life on drugs to fight Possible mental problems like schizophrenia.

Will you be willing to do that in the name of targeting Pre-crime, pre-testing and pre-drug?

By CCHR International
June 23, 2010

A new study, published in the American Journal of Psychiatry and headed by psychiatrist John H. Gilmore, professor of psychiatry and Director of the UNC Schizophrenia Research, claims to be able to detect “brain abnormalities associated with schizophrenia risk” in infants just a few weeks old. We would like to point out the obvious flaw in this bogus study; there is no medical/scientific test in existence that schizophrenia is a physical disease or brain abnormality to start with. There is not one chemical imbalance test, X-ray, MRI or any other test for schizophrenia, not one. So with no evidence of medical abnormality to start with, the “associated with schizophrenia risk” amounts to what George Orwell called Doublespeak (language that deliberately disguises, distorts, misleads)—it means nothing.

www.cchrint.org...

If big pharma gets away with it, this could become standard hospital procedures just like pre natal screnings and childhood vacinnations.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Open to abuse? Sure.

But what if they have found brain structures that do show up predominately in schizophrenics?

Should we let our fear of being controlled force children to grow up to be insane, if they don't have to be?

Agreed, I don't think we have everything we need to do that yet, but shouldn't we try to prevent madness if we can?

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Nicenico

Actually most schizophrenic cases on children are easily diagnosed when they enter school years, by then is easier to diagnosed any problems.

Targeting new born children is just a bogus way to put all children at risk of unnecessary drug treatments that can hinder development for life

[edit on 26-7-2010 by marg6043]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nicenico
But what if they have found brain structures that do show up predominately in schizophrenics?

I think the key is this:

We would like to point out the obvious flaw in this bogus study; there is no medical/scientific test in existence that schizophrenia is a physical disease or brain abnormality to start with.

They aren't saying they made a great breakthrough and can now identify the brain structure changes that are definately linked to schitzos...hell, they aren't even sure if its physical from what I read...which means, something smells fishy here.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
The whole study is base on "pre diagnostics of what "could be" tendencies of children with "mental problems" later on.

Is like lets put all children on antidepressants when they are born so they don't develop any problems later on in life.

But the issue here is how much profits are there to be made by those that are pill pushers for big pharma.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
But the issue here is how much profits are there to be made by those that are pill pushers for big pharma.

As well as further errosion of parental authority and greater systemic control in family life.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by teapot

Then again, how many parents will fall for the "pre screening" to make sure their children do not become criminals because tendencies no found on brain test but rather because "it runs in the family".

Like Schizophrenia.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

I'm sorry, i have to say...

After reading a dozen or so of your threads... i see your style.
You are so ignorant that this is beyond denying ignorance. Not only are your views on politics and policies completely skewed and twisted, but your rationality and humanity have now also gone out the window.

THe issue here is not "HOW MUCH MONEY THEY WILL MAKE" but "HOW MESSED UP THE FUTURE (OUR CHILDREN) WILL BE".

Forget about america... forget patriotism or nationalism or whatever you wanna call it... start thinking globaly and stop being so closed and small minded when it comes to the rest of the world. You are locked away in your tiny little america and couldn't give a care about anything really important.

P.S. The only reason I posted this/read any of your threads is because you have alot of stars. I thought stars on this site correlated to relevant/logical/reasoning/open mind/thoughts/ideas/information... boy was I wrong. Apparently stars mean nothing as you can get any like-minded idiot to agree with you.

MOD NOTE: If you are going to delete this... ask yourself how someone like this is so well 'represented' on this site and then please do something about it. Instead of FSWK, it should be LOVE - Logic, Open-mindedness, Validity, Empathy. Maybe we could then decide better on whose posts to read/ignore.

I think this is very valid and to the point.

edit on 15-3-2011 by darius2025 because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-3-2011 by darius2025 because: added LOVE

edit on 15-3-2011 by darius2025 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join