It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel hits Gaza targets in retaliatory airstrikes

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Israel hits Gaza targets in retaliatory airstrikes

www.jta.org

JERUSALEM (JTA) -- Israel's Air Force struck three targets in Gaza, including a weapons manufacturing site and two smuggling tunnels.

Monday's attacks were in response to rocket and mortar fire from Gaza on southern Israel over the weekend, according to a statement from the Israel Defense Forces spokesman.

The targets were all successfully destroyed and no Israeli troops were injured, according to news reports
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Israel unveils new blockade rules for Gaza
Reports: Israeli ships attack aid flotilla

[edit on 7/26/2010 by semperfortis]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Is this the start of something more? I don't think so, but it is important because of all the recent events going on in the region. Israel and Gaza have been exchanging rockets for years now. It seems like it will never end.

I wonder if Israel will change the list of banned item allowed into Gaza because of this?

www.jta.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 7/26/2010 by semperfortis]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   
To me, everything that goes on over there in the ME is the beginning of something. When WW3 starts it will be in this general area imho.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Centurionx

I agree, it's like walking a tightrope over there. It could be almost anything that sets this thing off.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Wonder how many "accidents" there were with civilians and innocent people.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Dear God! Now we're going to have protest here in California. Trust me! Every time Israel attacks Palestinians Everyone in my State get's wild up.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Israel bombing Palestinians is nothing new of course, but they could be using Gaza as a testing and practice ground for bombing runs and the like, for targets our imaginations need not wonder too much to guess where.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
This is precisely why the MUPPETS in Gaza and Iran must be stopped.

For some reason, they all seem to have no more than one brain cell. One day they will realise, if we stop firing rockets into Israel, they will stop hitting us back.

If the idiots in Iran stop supplying the muppets in Gaza with the rockets in the first place, maybe that will stop it too.

This isn't rocket science people (no pun intended), it's so simple, even my 5 year old daughter said about it to me.

So come on Obama, Israel, sort it out, you have a choice!!

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Israel was attacked with 4 missiles on saturday night. Israel attacks targets in Gaza the next day. It will never end because BOTH sides won't stop. The only innocent party in this are the palestinian and israeli families who get killed.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by minkey53

While i disagree with hamas targeting civilians, they have every right to target the IDF under international law. But they can't even shoot their bloody rockets in a straight line...even if they were intentionally targeting military installations they would still miss.

[edit on 26-7-2010 by Solomons]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by jonny2410

Ahem! If Israel would stop stealing land from the Palestinians, and would stop blocking them from having basic necessities and if Israel would stop blocking the borders, perhaps things might improve.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by minkey53

For some reason, they all seem to have no more than one brain cell. One day they will realise, if we stop firing rockets into Israel, they will stop hitting us back.

The [home made fire work thrown towards Israel] argument.

I thought that was extinct, at least in ATS where has been proven wrong thousands of times, in continuous motion.

Let's start simple:
Why do Palestinians [throw home made fireworks towards Israel]?

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Hamas calls for the destruction of Israel and hates the jews, they are terrorists who are funded by Iran which calls for Israel to be wiped off the map.....ehhh that's pretty much the whole argument from these folks, they have nothing rational or logical to support their views. At the end of the day when you peel off the layers it boils down to some people thinking an Israeli life is more valuable than that of a Palestinian, and that Israel deserves sovereignty and peace while the Palestinians do not. That's the only reason a well informed individual could not lay the majority of the blame on Israel, although to be honest i don't think minkey is a well informed individual.

[edit on 27-7-2010 by Solomons]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonny2410
Israel was attacked with 4 missiles on saturday night. Israel attacks targets in Gaza the next day. It will never end because BOTH sides won't stop. The only innocent party in this are the palestinian and israeli families who get killed.

You should save this text and post it on every thread to do with this every time. Clear, concise and true, unlike most of the crap on these threads by the various hate groups.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
reply to post by oozyism

Hamas calls for the destruction of Israel and hates the jews, they are terrorists who are funded by Iran which calls for Israel to be wiped off the map.....

Actually HAMAS is a democratically elected Palestinian government. Back in the 90s they even built infrastructure like schools and supplied their people... you know, before Israel cut off all supplies into Gaza and bombed the schools and the hospitals and disallowed any reconstruction efforts because any building in Gaza is potentially a rocket making facility if an Israel bomb lands on it

If the Palestinians stopped and started to take it up the ass like Israel wants then they would be no better then the American people for letting this travesty continue by supplying Israel with the means to genocide.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Originally posted by Solomons
reply to post by oozyism

Hamas calls for the destruction of Israel and hates the jews, they are terrorists who are funded by Iran which calls for Israel to be wiped off the map.....

Actually HAMAS is a democratically elected Palestinian government.

... that silences their political opponents by shooting them in the kneecaps or throwing them off the nearest building... It's easy to get elected when you have no opposition.

Hamas is a terrorist organization plain and simple.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by CommandoJoe

And the Israeli government are not a terrorist organization? intentionally targeting civilians and civilian infrastructure to cause fear and terrorize the poor people for political means? They meet the very definition of a terrorist organization. And i will remind you that the Palestinian elections were one of the most free and democratic in the ME. Simply because you did not like the results of a free and democratic election does not give you the right to bomb the Palestinians for exercising their rights. I personally don't like hamas, but given the environment these people are in, humiliated and being treated like animals daily, desperate and angry without much hope left it is no wonder groups like hamas exist and that people put their faith in them. Especially considering the corruption that is rife in fatah...

[edit on 28-7-2010 by Solomons]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Where is the "world police" now??

Cowards!!

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by CommandoJoe
... that silences their political opponents by shooting them in the kneecaps or throwing them off the nearest building... It's easy to get elected when you have no opposition.

Fatah is their main rival of Hamas, and their conflicts have been extremely publicized in the Western media many times.

The difference between the two is that Israel and the US support Fatah because they are more compliant with Israeli policies. It was Hamas that was democratically handed power over Fatah who previously claimed authority.

And a point that I wish to make since most people don't seem to realise it: Hamas has both a political and military wing. You can call them terrorists all you want, but the reality is that the Hamas military wing has the obligation and duty to provide security for the Palestinian people.

The Hamas military wing would not have much purpose if it did not defend Palestinians from Israeli raids or maintain its ability to do so. The very fact that Hamas can still fight for the Palestinian people when their weapons are made from scrap and their facilities residing in ruins is miraculous, but proof that humanity can still hang on to threads of purpose even under genocidal conditions... kind've reminds me of Viktor Frankl's concept of logotherapy (man can survive off purpose alone) that he formed while he served his time in Nazi death camps for being a Jew.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by CommandoJoe

Fatah is their main rival of Hamas, and their conflicts have been extremely publicized in the Western media many times.

The difference between the two is that Israel and the US support Fatah because they are more compliant with Israeli policies. It was Hamas that was democratically handed power over Fatah who previously claimed authority.

That is not the only difference...

Fatah is generally considered to have had a strong involvement in terrorism in the past, though unlike its rival Islamist faction Hamas, Fatah is no longer regarded as a terrorist organization by any government. Fatah used to be designated terrorist under Israeli law and was considered terrorist by the United States Department of State and United States Congress until it renounced terrorism in 1988.

And just because they were democratically elected does not mean they can't be terrorists.

And a point that I wish to make since most people don't seem to realise it: Hamas has both a political and military wing. You can call them terrorists all you want, but the reality is that the Hamas military wing has the obligation and duty to provide security for the Palestinian people.

The Hamas military wing would not have much purpose if it did not defend Palestinians from Israeli raids or maintain its ability to do so. The very fact that Hamas can still fight for the Palestinian people when their weapons are made from scrap and their facilities residing in ruins is miraculous, but proof that humanity can still hang on to threads of purpose even under genocidal conditions... kind've reminds me of Viktor Frankl's concept of logotherapy (man can survive off purpose alone) that he formed while he served his time in Nazi death camps for being a Jew.

So you think randomly launching unguided rockets at the Israeli populace provides security to the Palestinian people? How exactly does that work?
It doesn't. In fact it usually brings the wrath of the IDF on the launch area.
Do you think that the average Israeli citizen is making daily attacks on Gaza? If they were then then Hamas would be protecting their people by launching rockets, but that is not the case.

I lived in Israel for almost 2 years (only 20 miles from Gaza) and have first hand knowledge of what goes on over there, so don't believe everything you get from the news and internet - it's not the whole story.

When Hamas was not launching rockets into Israel (or trying to) the IDF pretty much left them alone and things were quiet on both sides. Most of the time Israel only takes action in Gaza in response to violence from Hamas - they don't just make raids into Gaza for fun, they are defending the Israeli civilians that are being attacked by Hamas rockets. If Hamas was only attacking military targets, then I wouldn't be as likely to consider them terrorists.

Don't take this as blind support for Israel though, their government is not perfect and do things that I don't always agree with. I just don't like Hamas... Call me biased, but since they tried to kill me, I take it a little personal...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join