It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Photographed from Plane in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 06:54 AM
link   
If this isn't a hoax, well, then something strange happen above our skies.
This report comig from UFO casebook.com. (article source) www.ufocasebook.com... and it is really impressive.
Some passengers would have seen the unknown object, than for the first time it was described like a sphere of light, similar to a football ball. Various passengers would have screaied because they have seen the airplane near the unknown object and thought next to the possibility of a collision. According to the declarations of the passengers, the unknown flying object has moved between clouds, but it has continued to follow the airplane for approximately two minutes.

The man who took the photographs, three in total, was a passenger on a plane. He was taking a vacation trip, and flying near Brazil's capital city of Rio de Janeiro.

Strange hosts for vacantions in Brazil?

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Well what is interesting is that more than one person saw it. I don't know if any natural phenomena could cause this, maybe another member will be able to give more information.

I flew 4th of July weekend and was highly disappointed I didn't see anything. I have pics on my phone, about 100 lol I was hoping to see something interesting.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Good find Arken ,these will be hard to debunk,not that i will be doing that i will leave that to the skeptics.Multiple witnesses if credible rule out reflections from camera/window.If the report is accurate this would also rule out a balloon as they said it stayed with them for two minutes ,looks like a garden variety orb, pretty common ufo these days.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Could be the bag with toilet waste from the plane

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

Obviously you are joking!

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Arken.....

Thanks for posting those interesting pictures & the accompanying report.

Unfortunately.....

- UFO Casebook does not always validate the reports they post.

- The strength of the case resides strongly in the witness reports.

- The witness reports are 3rd hand.

- The witnesses are not identified.

- The flight & time is not identified.

We need some more info.

As for the picture.....

I will keep looking at that.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   
From the article in "UFO Casebook":

Several passengers saw the object in question, which was first described as a ball of light, shaped similar to a football. Several passengers shouted in fear as they felt the plane was too close to the unknown object, and there was a possibility of a collision.

www.ufocasebook.com...

This certainly sounds like a VERY dramatic event! But since it happened a few days ago (the photographs was supposedly taken July 14) it is strange that none of the other "shouting" plane passengers (or the pilots) have come forward to tell their story,... I have not been ablo to find any news reports about the event either, and I would have expected a story like this to go world wide within a few hours.

I think this is simply a water droplet on the plane window. Very much like the "UFO" seen in this video, which was posted in the "Entertainment" category at YouTube:

Yes, it looks very cool! I know, because I have seen such water dropets on plane windows myself when I have been travelling.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

Right, MBMBN,
Of course we need more informations about this event, but the image, if it isn't a hoax, it is really impressive.
A metallic ball (see the sun reflection) that fly near an airplane....

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by ziggystar60

This is a problem i come across with nearly all ufo reports,people asking why didnt anyone else take photos or why didnt someone else run to the newspapers or tell the whole world.Most people wouldnt tell anyone else for fear of ridicule,And not everyone who takes a photo of a UFO post's it on youtube.A lot of people who see UFO's remain quiet about it,It can be a very personal experience.As for the the water drop ,it looks like a ufo in the video you posted if you are sitting in the aisle seat but i think people are smart enough to realise the difference when your up against the window.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
It looks like a drop, but it could be a foofighter like here:

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Why are the clouds shadowed on the right, and the "object" shadowed on the left? If it is actually there, it must be concave. A bubble in the perspex window, perhaps?

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by 12voltz
.A lot of people who see UFO's remain quiet about it,It can be a very personal experience.As for the the water drop ,it looks like a ufo in the video you posted if you are sitting in the aisle seat but i think people are smart enough to realise the difference when your up against the window.

I honestly don't think people would have kept quiet about it if a UFO caused panic abord a plane. Also the pilots and the other crew members would have noticed that something was going on, and at least some of them would have observed the UFO themselves. The UFO would probably have been observed on radar too.

There would have been an official investiagion of the incident. (Recently a whole airport in China was shut down because of an unexplainied sighting, and there is an official investigation going on.) A UFOs following a plane, even in danger of colliding with it, would have been taken very seriously. The story WOULD have gone world wide in no time.

I am convinced this is a hoax, and I believe that the person who took the photos was well aware that he was photographing just a water droplet on the plane window.

I am sorry, but it is my honest opinion.

[edit on 26/7/10 by ziggystar60]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by cushycrux

Cushycrux.....

I too wondered about that video for years.

When I posted it here ealier this year, I became satisfied it is a camera stabilisation anomaly.

You might find this interest.....

The “Concord UFO” Video

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Hey Ziggy!

I'm leaning your way.....the "H" word.....

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

The water droplet explanation would account for this I think. However, as with all phtographs, witness testimony, video, its all fakeable. Its all misidentifiable. When they land a UFO someplace and allow science to opperate its every tool to ascertain its pedigree, THEN the story will be ready for the masses. Until then its just interesting stories, badly shot video, and photographs which will be assumed fake, or explained by weather phenomena.
Its a pain in the butt, but thats the way the world works. Drop a chunk of UFO on a persons desk, and he may have to rethink his skeptical position. Drop a file of bad film and odd tales on his desk, and he will refer you to the exit.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I think I need more information about the assertion that there were multiple witnesses, because the first thing that struck me was that the lighting and shadow on the object is all wrong relative to the lighting and shadows on the clouds.

If it wasn't for the claim of multiple witnesses, I would say the object wasn't really there, or was a translucent object on the window. Therefore my next question would be to verify that there really were multiple witnesses, or if that part of the story was made up.

EDIT TO ADD:
I see that member DJW001 mentioned the lighting/shadows before me.

[edit on 7/26/2010 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

Your video shows the foo fighter better. The video shown by cushyx is stretched and does not properly represent the Concorde or the foo fighter.

To the OP: This makes me want to vacation in Brazil as well.

ziggystar60 what about the other object in the sky, the blurry one?

[edit on 7-26-2010 by groingrinder]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder

ziggystar60 what about the other object in the sky, the blurry one?

I am not sure which "other object" you mean? Could you explain it to me?

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Just an observation on why i think it is a water drop, or even ice. The "tail" it appears to have is in the relative direction it should be given the direction the plane is flying in. So it makes sense for the tail to be on the left of the object as that is the direction the plane is moving. If a water drop, that would explain the tail, and since there is some of a focus issue, its hard to tell if the tail is actually an extension of smaller drops. If it was a frozen drop, that might explain the reflection. Also wonder if a flash was used at all to take the picture. Might also account for the unusual; reflection.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Brazil's Capital is NOT Rio de Janeiro.
The Capital is Brasilia, very far away from Rio de Janeiro.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join