It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best Mars Map Ever On The Internet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 05:41 AM
link   
ASU Mars camera yields best Red Planet map ever

The best Mars map ever made is now available online for planetary scientists and armchair astronauts alike. And citizen scientists are invited to help make it even better
Websites developed recently at Arizona State University's Mars Space Flight Facility, in collaboration with NASA, the Jet Propulsion Laboratory, and Microsoft, make it easy for anyone to trek the craters, volcanoes, and dusty plains of Earth's small red neighbor world.
"We've assembled the best global map of Mars to date," says Philip Christensen, Regents' Professor of geological sciences in the School of Earth and Space Exploration, part of the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences. "And we made it available via the Internet so everyone can help make it better."

Link asunews.asu.edu...

Just look at this image.

Not looked at many images yet but will hope you like.
There is also a interactive zoomable global map.www.mars.asu.edu...
Or you can download the map in sections at full resolution.www.mars.asu.edu...
If you find anything strange please post.

Thankyou

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Good stuff now we can get down to some serious alien hunting,I am going straight for the face on Mars and then head up to the ice caps .Who needs rockets when you can sit at home and explore the planets.Excellent!Thanks Abe.

[edit on 26-7-2010 by 12voltz]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Just been playing around with the interactive map and there seems to be a lot blacked out Hmm.
But still a fun tool to play with now to see what i can find.

Thankyou

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   
There's already a thread on this here... www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by eightfold

So there is sorry i did a search nothing came up for this so Mods feel free to remove sorry.

Thankyou

new topics

top topics

join