It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If invited to leave Earth, would you ?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by xspinx

No way, man. I have major trust issues, meaning I don't trust anyone or anything. I sure as hell am not trusting an alien with my life or anyone else's, so I would probably stay, I have a family here, and I wouldn't give them over to aliens or anyone. There is my answer.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by xspinx

Many people already do, both in their bodies and astrally, in crafts, most don't remember, or only have glimpses that it occurred.

But we are not equipped in our bodies to leave this solar system, so do you mean would you like to be transplanted to a base in the solar system, or in an astroid permanently, or be a miner for them?

I'm not sure what you're asking.

The way to progress beyond this is to work on self, and repair your relationships, forgive self and others, work on flaws, and become loving. Our hearts know the way, this world reveals whats inside us and we need to work on it, so we can progress.

We need other bodies to live in other systems, except for astrals and Beyond, our true home outside the Universe.

If there was a way, with a very advanced race for them to deal with your body issue, without knowing who you are I think that would be very risky.

[edit on 26-7-2010 by Unity_99]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   
i would stay on earth because letts face it we see that many ufos here on earth that there planet cant be all that good or why they visiting all the time lol

[edit on 26-7-2010 by skillz1]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Don't even have to think about it.

Yes.

Sign me up for a sexy female humanoid alien wife from sector 12.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I would go.

That sort of opportunity doesn't come around very often.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I would take my planet with me. We are all on an alien spaceship called earth. We are all on that journey.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by xspinx
The premise is this:
Friendly aliens, invite you to go with them for a universe exploring trip and return to their home world.
Life would be very interesting and life with them would be very ideal and your lifespan would be increased to a couple of hundred years.

The only catch is, you can never return to Earth.

Do you go anyway, or do you stay.

A 3rd option, i am curious about is how many would go, but only if they could return to Earth.

Can I take anyone like my children if forever.... If I can return will my children even still be alive... Can we communicate with them in a special telepathic way where they know I am communicating with them or just complete seperation (MY DAUGHTER AND SON GOTTA GO WITH DADDY!!!

[edit on 7/26/10 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaosinEngaged
Don't even have to think about it.

Yes.

Sign me up for a sexy female humanoid alien wife from sector 12.

HOPE YOUR ARE COMPATIBALE
But hmmm sounds interestin sector 12 huh

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I'm not even certain we CAN leave the earth and thrive in an unfamiliar environment. Our entire evolutionary being is adapted to our planet so that we may ensure physical and mental sustainability.

The slightest difference in air quality, gravity, and solar radiation could have a detrimental effect on our skeletal and muscular systems. We may not be able to adapt fast enough to other environments.

Also I believe we have a visceral attachment to the energies of our planet and we would feel that loss immediately. Might drive us crazy after a couple of years.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
This is a hard question for me. If my family were to come with me, I guess I would go. However, I love this planet and would want to come back eventually...but then again if it changed so much that I would hardly recognize it then maybe I wouldn't want to return. Like I said, this is a hard question...but if the extraterrestrials were friendly, had no intentions of enslaving me, welcomed me to their civilization, and I could bring my family...I don't see why not.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Yes, I think I would probably go.

I'd regret it for the rest of my life if I didn't. I wouldn't care about increased lifespan or anything like that. I'd just love to be able to see something else out there. Different cultures, planets, different stars. Imagine looking at the sky from a different world.

I'm there.

Only one thing though, I'd have to tell my family where I was going. I couldn't leave them thinking I'd died or something. That'd kill me.
And I would probably get homesick. And feel a bit guilty that my dad, who has always loved looking at stars and stuff couldn't come with me.

But could I hell pass the opportunity up.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I'd have to tell my family ahead of time, say my goodbyes etc. then I'd bounce out. I'd go with them and throw the hugest intergalactic, mega space, psychedelic, alien super rave of all time. Just image the grays, and nordics getting down to super trance, liquid techno. LOL
Also alien special effects and lighting would have to be so awesome compared to what we got here...

[edit on 7/26/2010 by XxZenTruthxX]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
If I could take a crate of Rocheforte Trappist 10, my missus, my kid, my dogs, my guitar workshop, a copy of 'The Count of Monte Christo', some blue cheese, my pipes and tobacco, toilet paper and they have a good health plan, then yes.

They would also have to let me turn the gas off and say goodbye to my mum.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Probably not. All of the incentives for going are based on rewarding a "more for me" mentality. Longer life, greater knowledge, all the fun technology you could hope for... but no way to give anything back to the people you care about. It's all getting, with no giving.

I hope that one day we can uncover secrets like these for the benefit of all mankind. But if it's just for the benefit of "me," I find it far less interesting. There are still a lot of things that need fixing on this planet.

Now, an open interaction with an alien race, with the freedom to return to Earth, make alien friends, share knowledge and culture, etc. ... if that's the case, then sign me up!

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by xspinx
The premise is this:
Friendly aliens, invite you to go with them for a universe exploring trip and return to their home world.
Life would be very interesting and life with them would be very ideal and your lifespan would be increased to a couple of hundred years.

The only catch is, you can never return to Earth.

Per the initial scenario that it would be ideal, then 'Yes', I'd go.

If it wasn't an ideal situation, I'd have to have more information. There are places on the earth that I have no desire to visit, let alone would I wish to live there.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I would go even if I only got to live for 1 day upon arrival to their planet.

We are all gonna die anyways, and being shown the wonders of the universe up close would probably blow your mind beyond anything you can imagine. That alone makes it worth it.

But since I'd have the choice of living for a long time, etc., it's a no brainer:

YES YES YES!

Reminds me of the speech at the end of Blade Runner:

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain... Time to die.

[edit on 26-7-2010 by harrytuttle]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by XxZenTruthxX

Dont forget to invite me
sounds like you have the plan. What betterway to meet our brotheren from another star mother then to have a party........ Rethinks parties get bad when its late lol.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Can I take my cat?

I'll go if no one else wants to. If everyone leaves then heck, I'd be more than happy to stay. Send me postcards.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Yea it would be a nice experience to travel into deep space and feel it within the flesh plane. I always felt we all eventually would be given the chance if we wanted to see the entire lil universe once we returned to our PERFECT SELVES WITHOUT ANY PHYSICAL BOUNDRIES.... But until then it is a nice thought. I would love to enter Saturn vortex Northern hex before exiting this solar system and see the Sectoids their?????

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by xspinx

i'd go to stay on earth is ingnorant for the simple fact that earth wont last forever if we keep all our eggs in one basket the survival of our species is pointless b/c if the earth died today mankind dies...so bascially if we want to be relevant in the universe we need to get off thsi rock and keep our species alive and kickin so i'm down!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join