It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A.T.S. "FREE" Consumer Reports Research & Sharing Observations thread.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 05:01 AM
link   
this thread has 3 objectives. two are for you. one is for us.

i'm learning about something. i think i believe that you are, too. or at least i hope i have faith you are.

i found on wikipedia a brief outline of "psyop". i'm studying "psyop".

In order to create a successful PSYOP the following must be established: 1) clearly define the mission so that it aligns with national objectives 2) need a PSYOP estimate of the situation 3) prepare the plan 4) media selection 5) propaganda development 6) pretesting - determines the probable impact of the PSYOP on the target audience 7) production and dissemination of PSYOP material 8) implementation 9) posttesting - evaluates audience responses 10) feedback
source: en.wikipedia.org...(United_States)

let's re-word this a little, i'll embolden the changes i made, and use it as a template for this research thread:

In order to create a successful PSYOP (aka Research thread) the following must be established:
1) clearly define the mission so that it aligns with national (ATS) objectives
2) need a PSYOP (ATSers) estimate of the situation.
3) prepare the plan
4) media selection
5) propaganda development
6) pretesting - determines the probable impact of the PSYOP on the target audience (ATSers)
7) production and dissemination of PSYOP material (ATS thread)
8) implementation (post thread)
9) posttesting - evaluates audience responses
10) feedback

1 = 1a: help identify consumer products that are "free" that may not perform up to the expectations we had for them. 1b: share this information with fellow ATSers. 1c: explain why the product did not do what was expected of it.

2 = not sure if we have a "psyop" estimate of the situation available. (n/a?)

3 = prepare the plan. um, how about number one for right now.

4 = media selection is media, and sharing on ATS.

5 = um, someone has developed propaganda. advertisement.

6 = ? checking, i think.

7 = checked

8 = checked

9 = too early to tell, maybe or maybe not.

10 = too early to tell, maybe or maybe not.

Stuff that is "Free" that just doesn't seem to do what those who are selling it (giving it away) said and/or are saying it can do:

E.T. Consumer Alert. Babylon 8’s “Translation has never been so easy”.

“First hearth”
Translated into polish = pierwsze ognisko
“pierwsze ognisko”
Translated into English = first outbreak
Source: translation.babylon.com...

“first borns of home”
Translated into polish =” Pierwszy noworodków domu”
“Pierwszy noworodków domu”
Translated into English = “The first newborn home”
Source: translation.babylon.com...

This site offers “free downloads”, but honestly, I think ATSers might be getting what you pay for.
Maybe I’m the ignorant one here, but if the same translating tool is not capable of translating two or four words from English to Polish to English again, it probably isn’t translating from English to Polish or Polish to English accurately, either.

Or is this a conspiracy?

Anyone else want to share some “free” consumer reports with fellow ATSers? Were you duped into believing something that was not true, or buy a product that didn’t do what it said it could do? Care to share (everything but the price, unless anyone wants to do so).

ATS is fun,
et

[edit on 26-7-2010 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Platinum Hide ip

This is offered with a free trial then times out to paid service. It didn't even hide the ip address from its own address checking site. This product is identical to several other "hide ip" applications.

When I say "identical", I truly mean it. The company names change but the appearance and functionality (or really the complete lack of functionality) of the product is exactly the same.
Same UI, logos minimally changed, same "ip proxies" (that don't work). All just shouting "SCAM".
All of these offer a brief trial then require subscription. Do NOT pay for them. They won't work any better after you pay than they did (didn't) during free trial.
Seriously if you ever want to get a program to hide your ip address, do extensive research. You will find that most are absolutely useless.
Hide My Ip is the only one I found that actually works.

[edit on 16/8/2010 by Chamberf=6]

new topics

join