It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dish Earth Channel......Any body seen it?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Hey guys......

If you have dish satellite there is a channel in which you can view earth from the satellite. All dish customers have it no matter what the package.

I would just like to know WHY stars are overlayed ON earth when darkness is in front of the satellite and on earth?

I am pretty familiar with lens refractory and such....is that the case here....? I don't think so because the stars are overlayed on the planet from one end to the other.....

Is this the case.....or is there a conspiracy story behind this one?

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Would like to know HOW i get that ch.

I live in sweden and i have a dish satelite..

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Software_Pyrate

I have watched this a few times over the last year...channel 214 I think..

IMO...I think the blockout, is similar to the one used for sun filming, hence the earth is bright enough at that aaltitude, that none of the stars would be vissible, if not for the filter, or its trying to focus on the outer edges of atmosphere that is still, permitting some light around the edges...

I would like to know for sure I just offer my opinions....
star for my interest and topic...I'll check back laters.

ETA...if you've not seen this channel before, warning, do not spend all day on ATS then later look at the earth and see it is now blocked out, and you get nervous thinking its because of TPTB and something going down..
In short bring your tinfoil hat...

[edit on 26-7-2010 by Doc Holiday]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Dude... There's no stars in between the Echostar Satellite and Earth... The Satellite is positioned 22,000 miles above Earth... What you see on Dish Earth at night overlaying with Earth are "Other Satellites" that orbit at lower altitudes... However, let me tell you something, starting on July 20, the Dish Earth broadcast has been filtered and no longer can see cosmic dust or strange objects flying in and out of Earth.

Mod Edit - Mod Note: You Have An Urgent U2U- Click Here.

[edit on 26-7-2010 by elevatedone]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Watch for UFOs, Yeah.
I've been meaning to scan the ranches out west for any
signs of UFOs.
Now is this real time.
Try 2:00 AM in NM.
Galisto, NM was one place but not often.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
ch. 287 on mine

Guide info

NR watch spectacular life views of our planet as seen from DISH networks satellite based camera 22,000 miles up. any obstructions are due to sun glare.

it seems to have 1 frame every 14 seconds. seems real time.

would love to see a ufo fly past it and say hi, but who's going to watch a big @$$ ball forever for that? waste of time.

lest they play tunes

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I have the dish hopper and recorded dish Earth with the Earth gone and replaced with Stars and where the Earth is supposed to be is a crescent of the Earth at the bottom the rest of Earth was Stars.

Now the Hopper has I believe 3 USB ports. When I plugged in a flash drive that I have it wanted to reformat it. So I am going to have to try and free up a flash drive and get that short movie out of the dvr and on my flash so I can show everyone what I am talking about.

You cannot explain it away by saying it's a glare from the lens of the camera. I don't buy it.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Software_Pyrate

Has anyone recently checked out the earth channel, it's no longer there. I have been watching that channel for awhile and have noticed a lot of spheres scrolling acroos the screen at night. They were more frequent in October and now the channel is off the air. I called dish network to find out why and all they said was "its' been decomissioned." Usually dish gives you a warning when a channel is going to be moved or removed and nothing was sent to me this time.

top topics

join