It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America the Free, America the Blind

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   
I often think along the lines of most poeple here on ATS, and them sometimes I wonder if what we're doing is really making sense.

I was watching a TV show the other day that had a very profound twist on the typical story of love and past lives, an odd combo to say the least. The premis is thus:

A man and woman are deeply in love in a past life through which the woman dreams of this strange man that seems to come from a sappy romance novel. She meets said man in present day and he is very handsome, rich, powerful and while charming at first, eventually turns very aggressive in his longing for her attention. He shares the same dreams as woman and is very aware that they are connected on a very deep spiritual level.

In this past life the man loses the woman through assassination and subterfuge via the king and his attempt at breaking a peaceful union between countries. And here is where it gets interesting. At this very moment in the visions and in the past life, he vows to obtain as much power as possible in order to be with her and prevent that which he cannot control. Flash forward to the present and the woman is kept against her will, and the man uses his power to try and force her acceptance of him so that he can stay with her always. Ultimately, she kills herself for him finally to realize that he is the monster he sought to eliminate.

Here is where my thought pattern began and I ran with it.

I love the United States, it offers more availability and opportunity in a relaxed environment than any other country in the world. In years past we sought to deliver ourselves from those who chose to oppress us and use their power against us, namely the English. Over the course of the last few centuries we have developed one of the most powerful militaries in the world, a pretty solid democratic government and a social structure that is yet to be rivaled in its diversity. This is where the theory comes in to play.

Is it possible, nay even probable that the United States for all intensive purposes has become blind to its own quest for power and control? Many people would say that the public would not allow it, however if taken from the right perspective, namely anyone not living in this country, we seem like power hungry do gooders who are essentially keeping others against their will in order to conform to ideas that they do not share nor do they want in most cases.

I'm not trying to find corruption in the government or say that the whole government is out to get us, merely subjectively thinking that we as a nation are blinded to our own quest for power and control because we think that our actions are just under the circumstances. What would happen should another country tire of our efforts at control and cut themselves off from the United States? China would be a great example. Right now they are bordering on the next big superpower and there isn't much stopping them from cutting off ties to us and then we will essentially be the bully standing in the playground after getting punched in the face by the kid we picked on for so long.

In any case I am wondering if this is being done subconciously, not necessarily on purpose. Point of view is a very powerful thing and so it outside opinion. The battered woman doesn't think anything is wrong and that all men beat on their wives, yet to the church going neigbors, he is the scum of the earth and she is brainwashed.

This was just a line of thinking that made me wonder if many of the problems we are facing are not necessarily conspiracy related, but generally related because of blind ignorance.

Just my thoughts,

King

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Here's a great article I would like to share with you. You probably haven't read it yet But it goes well with this thread.

[edit on 26-7-2010 by Romantic_Rebel]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
Here's a great article I would like to share with you. You probably haven't read it yet But it goes well with this thread.

[edit on 26-7-2010 by Romantic_Rebel]

For some reason the link is not showing up.
www.adbusters.org...

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 03:39 AM
link   
It's hard to describe my exactly line of thinking about this. I'm trying my best to get it across, but it's hard.

Many people say the government is doing this and doing that, and in alot of cases they have legitimate arguments, but what if portions of our government are doing things becuase they feel they are right, yet they are completely in the opposite direction. It's like a religious debate (which this isn't, please), when you are one one side, you stick to it no matter what someone says.

It just takes that monumental event (Like the lover dying) to finally make you see the monster you have become.

I'll take a look.

King

[edit on 26-7-2010 by Kingalbrect79]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Bumping this thread so other users can check this thread out.
2nd line.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Strange how legitimate questions and general theories never seem to get much attention, yet arguments over religion and general paranoia always seem to top the charts.

I would still like some alternative perspective on this line of thinking.

Thanks for the bump rebel.

King

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   
I have had to be away for the last few days doing some other things, but just as I suspected, no one has bothered to reply to my legitimate question. I think that this goes to show why I don't really post that often here, simply for the fact that the changing trend of the site has become more opinion based rants than actual hard-thought theories and conspiracies as I remember them when I signed up.

I am disappointed, but if this is how it dies, then it dies. I will post no further if there is no interest to answer my question, and I will go back to just researching and reading the many rant or opinion based threads.

King

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I think you make an extremely valid point here, although I doubt it's really as simple as that, it is a theory that makes sense and is based on rational thought.

Personally I believe that at certain levels in the government there are people that really know whats happening behind the scenes that are pulling most of the strings, and then are the people closer to us that are just being affected by the strings pulled, and end up doing things one way or another, not knowing that what they are doing could have been highly influenced by certain strings that were pulled by someone behind the scenes. Controlling people or events without people knowing they are being controlled.

new topics

top topics

join