It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why am i being chased?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   
about 40% of my dreams i am being chased by someone. usually i never see who it is but im running from it. Its not in the sense as in im horrified and tripping over everything but its like an adventure and i have to get away from this person. although sometimes i will see the person and its a shadow figure. One dream i had was in a city with large buildings and once the figure appeared the shadows on the buildings would rise to be some giant figure which was fu**in scary as hell but after i was done fighting it it would return to bein a normal shadow. most of the dreams are me running thorough a field or a forest usually its snowing. lol wtf

anyone else have these type of dreams?

any symbolic meaning ?

thx

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Yes.

In your dreams you are running away from a large part of yourself.

This may be your so called 'shadow-self' which seems a popular description these days in the new age industry.

Personally, it is more like the larger/greater part of you that you are avoiding getting to know and accept as being within yourself.

It seeks your growth, to move beyond fear reaction to clarity. ONce achieved you will then move forward at a much quicker rate of growth.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   
It's called anxiety. IMO, it is represented as a shadow because the conflict causing the anxiety is either something you have yet to identify, or refuse to identify as causing anxiety for emotional reasons.

If you were to confront the anxiety and deal with it - however that may be, the dreams will stop. It is your minds' way of telling you that you have unresolved issues - this is how your subconscious is attempting to deal with it, since you will not confront it consciously.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by fallinstar

Open to too much interpretation here. It could be karma. (Was reading about that stuff earlier this evening, by the way). Perhaps you stole something and you've got to return it. Maybe that shadow thingy was trying to get your attention, wanted to talk to you, but you keep running away.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   
It is because of anxiety or because you avoid problems in your life.
I should know because I get chase/escape from someone dreams every night and have for the last 5 years.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Whew, at first I assumed you caught me over the past few weeks.

JOKING!!!
No I do not know why you would have this sort of a dream, are you trying or thinking of quitting something or getting away from someone or something, a habit maybe?
That's the best I could think of.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Years ago I had similar dreams that never seemed to end(the first one I realized I was dreaming and tried to eliminate them, but it didn't work).

Those dreams didn't end till the last one(duh) where I was running across a field being chased. I seen a large hill surrounded by a subtle glow of light, and at the top I found a four-sided sword. That seemed to destroy them and I haven't dreamed of them since.

But it is most likely caused by some kind of deep seated anxiety or nervousness.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 02:50 AM
link   
well i have been struggiling with some issues, i guess ill share. i just graduated high school and was gunna go to colledge but did some thinkin and think its a total waste of time getting a degree for a job that wont be there, i dont think society will be as stable as it is now in 4 more years. I ve been wrestling with the option of the military. this could be thew shadow because in some of the dreams its a army of soldiers coming after me. ive made my peace with it tho and decided and am deciding to join the air force.

the other issue it may be is my understanding of the cosmos. i will have lucid dreams where i am sucked through a portal into some sort of heightened awareness/ conscious and the whole time im there i feel complete hopelessness/nothingness. like im in space floating with all of the knowledge in the universe and its to much. i will even have flash backs when im awake and its scary. ive been putting it off but i feel like i need to accept it and slowly try to understand.

now that u kno where i am coming from, you can see how difficult it is to decide whats causing these chase dreams. i do have to say i haven't had one in about a week that i can remember thanks for the replies guys

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by darathor

Years ago I had similar dreams that never seemed to end(the first one I realized I was dreaming and tried to eliminate them, but it didn't work).

Those dreams didn't end till the last one(duh) where I was running across a field being chased. I seen a large hill surrounded by a subtle glow of light, and at the top I found a four-sided sword. That seemed to destroy them and I haven't dreamed of them since.

But it is most likely caused by some kind of deep seated anxiety or nervousness.

yes it probalby is.

its weird probably just a coincidence but im usually running up and down hills and fields, that are lined with woods on the side.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nventual
It is because of anxiety or because you avoid problems in your life.
I should know because I get chase/escape from someone dreams every night and have for the last 5 years.

something you avoiding?

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by pikypiky

Open to too much interpretation here. It could be karma. (Was reading about that stuff earlier this evening, by the way). Perhaps you stole something and you've got to return it. Maybe that shadow thingy was trying to get your attention, wanted to talk to you, but you keep running away.

i used to steal # alot but that really doesn't get to me. i have good karma now or try to keep it positive. what you said at the end is interesting, ill try to remember that when im dreaming.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Tayesin

i think you may be right. there is something to me that scares me and i dont want to accept it. sort of like a "why me" thing

thx

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Hi dear dreamer ! Glad you are asking for info.
I had a hard childhood. Moved from one place to another. Scary men in my life. Lost my whole family. Was hit and scared a lot.
I had so many chasing dreams ! Was chased over backyard fences, in cars, down roads, once a T-Rex came to my school and chased us, I will never forget how tall he was !
Had helicopters with Red rising sun land in our neighborhood and chased by soldiers ! It was cool, looking back on it. I have been shot, stabbed by boys with knitting needles, ran from helicopter blade fragments, you name it.
Yes, as others say, when I took complete charge of my life the chasing dreams went away, it was anxiety.
I never have chasing dreams now, and I have terrible challenges and no security, but I am in charge, no one else has a say over my life.
I think that it what did it, when I became free and was in charge of my own life I had dreams of beating the bad guy, going to awesome glass space stations, visiting new people, and cool stuff, mostly. I hope the same for you.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I recently had a dream where someone or something was coming after me and there were three others in this room told me to run and that they couldn't help me. Well in the dream I said screw that and decided to stand up and fight it. It turned out to be looking like the devil and we both had two swords. At first I broke his swords and then he laughed at me and ill admit I was a little scared. In the end I didn't beat him, but
i interpretited it as needing to face your demons.

new topics

top topics

join