It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tribes Ten Commandments

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   
So when I went for a psychiatric evaluation for my upcoming hearing on "excessive use of force" after being hit in the face with a hammer, I was asked what my thoughts were on religion. The talk eventually came around to the ten commandments and I stated that I didn't agree with the way that I read them.

Take: Thou shall not steal for instance. Has anyone ever actually been starving?? I doubt it. I don't mean you missed eating for a day, but were actually starving. Well I would most certainly steal food if there was no other way to obtain it. (If you have never been starving, you really won't get this)

The same as : Thou shall not kill... what does that really mean? It's kinda vague to me.
Are there loopholes? What about pulling a carrot from the ground and eating it? I just don't get this one.

So I was asked to write what MY ten commandments were, for myself.
This is what I wrote:

I am the observer.......

1. There is no right or wrong....only in the mind of the observer.

2. Do no physical harm to anyone not physically harming another.

3. If you perceive a threat to an innocent, you must remove that threat with whatever force is necessary.

4. Never take a friend or loved one for granted.

5. Know yourself, and accept and love yourself for who you are.

6. To compromise your morals is to lie to yourself.

7. Never lie to yourself.

8. See beauty in everything around you at all times.

9. Regret nothing, instead reflect upon everything.

10. Never force your beliefs on others.

Now I really don't care what others think of my way of life, matters not to me, but I was wondering what others would write if they had a chance to make their own commandments.

I am very curious as to what people think when it comes to morals and their version of right and wrong.

So put on your tin foil hats [atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4c2452e94375.gif[/atsimg] and come up with your own..Let's see what you got!!

and to any one that understands this..I am 54 and CNI negative.(and want to keep it that way)..never hurt anyone that didn't deserve it (in my mind anyways)

also, I am NOT trying to make this an argument about the Ten Commandments..This was simply an exercise to see what makes me tick I guess.

what makes you tick???

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
A hammer, huh....tribewilder, you don't happen to be a shop teacher do you?....

Anyway, I like your Commandments. For me, I would take out #1 and replace it with Honor God in Each One of Us, for All are One. Hmmmmm, I think I'll replace #10 with Protect the Earth's Resources for All and Don't Pollute.

I really, really like #'s 5 and 9. With 5, how can one fully love, another person or even God, if one does not fully love oneself? And with #9, I think that that was a big part of Jesus's message when he talked with all the people he talked with. Reflect, change, and move on.

edit to add.... I'm CNI negative, too ..... which does make living a helluva lot easier....

[edit on 27-7-2010 by desert]

new topics

join