It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's been quiet...almost TOO quiet...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   
For the past half year or so (not just during the summer), ATS has seen a flurry of doomsday predictions. Countless predictions about alien disclosure, technology being released, earthquakes, WWIII, etc., have been made. However, since around the start of July, everything has suddenly dropped. I haven't seen a single prediction thread stating a specific date in over a month now.

Why is this bad? What confuses me is why all those predictions popped up out of nowhere and went away just the same. Were people on ATS desensitized to certain areas so that when they do happen or if somebody predicts it, people will declare that it's been predicted nonstop and was bound to happen eventually anyway? Did it all start with one guy, and a bunch of people jumped on the bandwagon for attention? Or, was it just a bunch of bored teenagers finishing off the school year and deciding to troll?

I'm posting this thread to see if I'm the only one who has noticed this.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I have noticed it too SonicInfinity. Some people jump on bandwagons some say nay and some are in limbo just like me. I could easily be accused because I simply wait for something to happen. Or something catches my attention that needs my voice applied to it.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Perhaps were lucky and recently been shuffled towards a less doom inclined timeline and collective consciousness.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by SonicInfinity

Yes, not only have predictions dropped off...but, there has been an incredible lack of anything damning coming to light. I see many leaks come out and simply go away, never hitting MSM (Washington Post, Wikileaks, etc.). The oil leak stopped so now that is off the radar.

*scratches head.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by SonicInfinity

Some quiet is a good think. We feed off negativity. Reports of imminent mass-destruction and chaos interest us as they may frighten us. Boredom could very well have been a cause for the swell. It gave people something to talk about and occupy themselves with, its a semi-controlled hysteria. It's fun to be a part of that picture.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   
You can only believe in so many failed predictions to not be fooled any longer. It's all just a bunch of bs. Nobody knows whats going to happen or when its going to happen. It's all guess work. So sooner or later people have to get the hint that making a prediction only makes you look like an idiot. I think thats why they are getting less and less of them on ATS.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   
With a bit of luck ATS might be starting to grow up and get over it's love affair with trying to make a correct prediction date.

The only thing I noticed was that every time someone made a "date" for doom, someone else would try and top him/her.

Thats all prediction dates were/are. These idiots trying to be "the one" to have correctly predicted a disastrous event.. Rather pathetic really.

Hooray for maturing on ATS!

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

Yeah, it's odd. There used to be an "any day now" feeling, and now it's a "nothing will ever change" feeling. I wonder if that's how the elite want it to be.

reply to post by xxshadowfaxx

Public ridicule never stopped doomsday predictors before. I'm assuming as soon as the next significant date comes around (such as 10/10/10), there will be a prediction based around it.

reply to post by Nomad451

Yeah, it's all starting to settle down. There are very few interesting threads on the UFO forum anymore, all other boards seem to be stagnant save for a couple of interesting threads, and the BP Oil Spill forum is even getting less hyperbolic thread titles. I wonder if everybody is just burnt out from the summer (since I believe most of the people on ATS are from the northern hemisphere).

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Things dont change around here.

Better behold.

Get ready for, the absnece of business. Now thats a bummer. Better buy a gun...preferably a shotgun.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   
There are a lot of things happening and I think when history looks back on this period it will seem very, very active even if at the moment it seems kind of "quiet."

First of all, there are many things happening RIGHT NOW that none of us know about and that will be disclosed later. To pick one example, who gave much thought to BP's oil drilling when it first began? It was only when the disaster occurred that the world started paying attention.

Secondly, even "rapid" change often unfolds at a speed and in a way that is too slow for the swiss-cheezed human attention span to process. Take financial collapse. If you see it referenced in a movie or on TV, it will be associated with dramatic events, such as bankers tossing themselves off buildings with rousing violin music in the background, or Bernie Madoff being led off to jail in handcuffs. But the real story is in boring numbers that accumulate slowly, in drips and drabs. A few thousand people lose their job here, a few thousand there. A company goes out of business here, another there. Some index goes down three points, then up one point, then down another three points. And so on. Meanwhile, the sky is still blue, the birdies are still chirping...easy to ignore until the rot strikes closer to home.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   
I hope you're not complaining about it being quiet... just wait until November.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 03:45 AM
link   
ya, i noticed that too. But, all of the "that person is a reptilian" posts have stopped, so it's probably an end of an ATS trend.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by shiman
ya, i noticed that too. But, all of the "that person is a reptilian" posts have stopped, so it's probably an end of an ATS trend.

"Real life" has gotten so freaky and surreal that people who get their kicks from bizzare theories no longer have to do anything than open up the front page of their boring old everyday mainstream media newspaper. Reading the mainstream media today is like surfing ATS a few years ago. Who needs to play parlor games chatting about repillians when the world is visibly falling apart in front of your very eyes?

top topics

join