It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

trying to find the exact coordinates to the rock lake pyramids in Wisconsin

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I live in wisconsin and will be taking diving lessons next week and would like to explore the rock lake pyramids.

www.science-frontiers.com...

there is a movement to get the pyramids a "protected" status and as a result the exact coordinates are NOT published but from google earth i can make some guesses...

43° 4'19.82"N
88°55'25.84"W

looks like more to the north, am i wrong?

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I'm from Illinois, but i used to go to Lake Mills every summer.

I'm not sure if you are talking about the submerged pyramids in Rock Lake, or the near by "mound" pyramids in a park not far.

you can not see the underwater pyramids from land, but i have heard that you can see them from the air, though they don't show up in google earth. i often have seen divers exploring the area, so i have a good idea of where they are in the water.

try looking on google earth for 43°04'48.9" N 88°55'46.49" W
in the center is about where they are. just below the bend on the right toward the center of the lake.

those pyramids are quite interesting, I have spent a lot of time in the area and have always been interested in them, though I have not been able to find much info on them.

hope this helps!

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Interesting topic... I've never heard of this before. I did find a website regarding all the research that has been done. Looks like they have been trying to figure it all out for over 100 years.

Check out the history here:

Rock Lake Research

It has a very interesting history.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Here's a link to a page featuring two pictures: one of the side-sonar done in the 80s and an underwater picture of the supposed ruins. Kind of on the small size but, if they are legitimate pictures, its better than nothing, right?

Mysterious World's Page on 'Aztalan'

Going by that second picture(and it being legit), it certainly seems that there are indeed underwater, manmade structures. Now, its just a matter of waiting until all the research is done to see if they are as old as they say they are. At this point, I'm willing to consider the site might be Mayan in origin but I seriously doubt its was built by people from the old world.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Wow!

Didn't realize you guys were so close. I'm down in Champaign.

What's the deal with these pyramids? First time I've heard of them.

new topics

top topics

join