It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Results of China Airport UFO Investigation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
My comment: This still is confusing the pictures and the actual original sighting.

With sunset at 7:03 local time, more than an hour later was too late for any sunlit vehicle aviating in the atmosphere.

Hypotheses for the source of the actual sighting remain undefined and not even addressed by this.

"Photo of UFO Shows 'Descending Plane'"
South China Morning Post Online , Hong Kong
July 26, 2010 // 0114 GMT
The image of an unidentified flying object that shut down the airport in the eastern city of Hangzhou , Zhejiang , for nearly an hour earlier this month was identified as a descending plane, according to an official investigation jointly launched by aviation experts from Beijing and Shanghai.
There was no evidence so far to show that the photos taken by Hangzhou residents were related to the UFO that caused nearly 20 flights to be delayed on July 7 at Hangzhou Xiaoshan International Airport, Zhang Yunhua , a member of the Beijing-Shanghai UFO joint-investigation task force, told the Legal Evening News yesterday.
What was on the photos - which showed a hovering object bathed in golden light and exhibiting a comet-like tail - was "an airplane on descent reflecting light", he was quoted as saying.
But the researcher did not rule out that the object, which did not show on radar but was spotted in Hangzhou skies, was extraterrestrial, citing lack of evidence. It might be "an unexpected flying vehicle", he said.
A group of researchers from the Beijing UFO Research Society and the Shanghai UFO Investigative Research Centre travelled to Hangzhou to investigate the incident.
Hangzhou airport authorities did not say whether any "close encounters of the third kind" were involved, but said the closure was due to "safety measures" invoked by air traffic controllers.
The incident sparked a flurry of speculation at home and abroad.
A US weapons analyst, Geoffrey Forden of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, told CNN that the incident might have been the launch of a Chinese ballistic missile.
The People's Liberation Army was testing "Dongfeng-21 anti-aircraft missiles", he was quoted by CNN as saying.
Mainland cyberspace was also buzzing with speculation, varying from "a hidden US bomber flying towards China" to "a new missile or aircraft being tested out by the Chinese military".
The Hangzhou incident comes after a string of recent UFO sightings on the mainland. On June 30, residents in Xinjiang saw a flying object bathed in a fan of white light. Sightings have also been reported in Hunan, Shandong and Jiangsu provinces.
Eight days after the Hangzhou sighting, another UFO was reported in the sky over Chongqing.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

Fine. Great. Okay, so the photo is that of a descending plane (thought it was an out of focus helicopter) but......now what the hell closed the airport then? What does one thing have to do with the crux of the case?
I think they're twisting two separate events so to confuse the general public.

I hope the same fate of this story doesn't fall to the weighside like the Phoenix Lights and O'Hare UFOs sightings did.

[edit on 25-7-2010 by One Moment]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Great.... So the report is causing more confusion.....

This is sooo funny

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Bull#. A descending plane? It does not take a plane an hour to descend. And a plane should show up on radar. Do they think we are retarded?

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by One Moment

I think they're twisting two separate events so to confuse the general public.

Exactly what I was thinking. If they wait long enough they can confuse everyone with the dates (think, Roswell:Case Closed)...

Originally posted by JimOberg

My comment: This still is confusing the pictures and the actual original sighting.

and they are still trying to tie the previous rocket launch to the airport closure...wrong dates still...

With sunset at 7:03 local time, more than an hour later was too late for any sunlit vehicle aviating in the atmosphere.

Hypotheses for the source of the actual sighting remain undefined and not even addressed by this.

[edit on 26-7-2010 by Toxicsurf]

[edit on 26-7-2010 by Toxicsurf]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 03:22 AM
link   
When the MSM started focusing on these photos that they probably knew had nothing to do with the original object on the first night and reported to air controllers, the confusion and deviation away from the original object started.

As the days worn on these photos and that particular vid that was taken on June 30th were used to create as much confusion as possible,this is even continuing in the current explanation report.

Something caused this air port to close on the first night and only those that have kept this in consideration and the original statements from the air port officials that night realise this.Do the vast members of the public take the fist incident and official statements on board or do they swallow the MSM manipulated reporting of this event and eventual explanation without question.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 03:33 AM
link   
WOW i mean they must be learning from the best! The liars that orchestrate the US cover up..like when USAF did on the roswell & corona New Mexico incident, first a "crashed disc" no ohhh wait no it is a skyhook balloon... wait no 1996 now we just figured out after 50 years it is "crash test dummies" yeah that will work

I mean and it did on the mainstream incredibly uninformed maybe.

just WOW people are not so stupid to buy this crap any more.

But we know they can not cover up what we all ready know.

More dog n pony show please

Expect another ridiculous non working excuse down the road.

Cover Up FAIL!

[edit on 26-7-2010 by Unknown Soldier]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Here are two other new articles that provide more context.

Please do not fever yourselves into imagining that garble and confusion are artificially introduced from external forces. The mass media's flippant treatment of UFOs, and the wild fantasies of UFO enthusiasts themselves, are fully capable of self-generating all the garble and confusion we're seeing.

Investigation: UFO seen in Xiaoshan airport is aircraft
english.peopledaily.com.cn...

14:58, July 26, 2010

Based on onsite investigations, experts from Beijing and Shanghai have found that the photos of the UFO (Unidentified Flying Object), taken in the Xiaoshan Airport in Hangzhou and being widely spread online, are photos of an aircraft, according to Beijing Times.

No evidence shows that the UFO is associated with an extraterrestrial flying saucer, according to the Beijing UFO Research Organization (BURO) on July 25.

A UFO was witnessed in Hangzhou's Xiaoshan airport around 9 p.m. on July 7, 2010, which, according to media reports, caused many flights to be delayed or rerouted to land in nearby airports. The event caught much attention at home and abroad and caused speculation.

A joint UFO investigation team, formed by BURO Secretary-General Zhou Xiaoqiang and supervisory board member Zhang Yunhua, as well as Shanghai UFO Research Organization Director Lou Jinhong and Deputy-Director Bai Tao, surveyed Hangzhou's Xiaoshan airport, the Civil Aviation Administration of China (CAAC) Zhejiang Administration Bureau, East Regional Air Traffic Management Bureau under CAAC, CAAC East China Regional Administration and other departments, and then identified and analyzed the acquired information before releasing the conclusions of theinitial investigation.

According to the investigation, related departments said that radar did not detect any rumored UFOs, and the crews of two flights discovered the UFO. Furthermore, the aviation authorities have yet to publish any UFO photo or video information, and the photos and videos used by news reports or being spread online have no direct relationship with the UFO in the Xiaoshan airport.

As for the UFO in the Xiaoshan airport that caused flights to either be delayed or land in nearby airports, the investigation team believes that first, the UFO event possibly resulted from the activities of private or military aircraft because the airport radar also has "blind spots." Second, as the acquired information is limited and the photos taken near the airport area have already been considered to be an aircraft, there has been no evidence to show any relationship between the UFO in the Xiaoshan airport and an extraterrestrial flying saucer.

Hangzhou's UFO was definitely not aliens, experts say
Elaine Chow in News on July 26, 2010 10:00 AM
shanghaiist.com...

Remember that UFO in nearby Hangzhou that shut down the city's airport for a couple of hours? The authorities have investigated and they can say with absolute certainty that the UFO was not flown by aliens.

According to an expert team of UFO investigators from Beijing and Shanghai, the pictures that Hangzhou residents captured of the UFO show, very obviously, the anti-collision and landing lights on regular human-flown planes. However, they also admitted that the UFO photographed was different from the UFO that Hangzhou airport officials reported.

"Because the crew witnessed the UFO, there is no specific location and other relevant data, so it was impossible to confirm that Mr. Ma (the resident) snapped the photos of the same one. How many people saw these two UFOs is also hard to say, so far nobody has come up to claim that they've seen it."

Unfortunately, besides saying that Mr. Ma's pictures and the UFO seen by those at the airport aren't the same, the experts offered no other explanation. Apparently, confirming that it wasn't aliens was enough for them.

Incidentally, Hangzhou's UFO is part of eight UFO sightings around China in the last month. While some have been identified, such as a lit kite in Sichuan and a plane's exhaust in Guangdong, the other six are still a mystery.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I call shenanigans.

Shame on you China! What happened to you? You used to be cool.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Investigation: UFO seen in Xiaoshan airport is aircraft .

Hangzhou's UFO was definitely not aliens, experts say;

I will stick by in what i said in my first post on this thread, deliberate disinformation , yes and i may add over zealous UFO believers and attention seekers adding yet more confusion.

Official Backtracking with the aid of the MSN;
1.First report from air port official reported through the MSN stating that object was ONLY picked up on radar and infra red.Then state NO radar available as NOTHING was picked up on radar.

2.Various pictures and video with no relation to FIRST object surface that do NOT relate to the original incident but widely reported by the MSN, despite original statements saying this object was invisible to the naked eye.

3. Investigators denied any radar data and come away none the wiser on the first original object,then say there is NO possible extraterrestrial origins of ORIGINAL object despite the fact that this object remains unknown.

The first reports relayed by the air port official/s are i believe crucial , from that report to the present explanation i believe it shows a manipulated diversion from the main event, that is, the object that caused the closure of this air port was a genuine unknown and the authorities new it, hence the manipulated version of events after the original report.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Funny, I don't remember an eerie light emitting from underneath planes...
Why can't we admit it's aliens already?
I have a handful of people I need to say "I told you so" to. lol

new topics

join