It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WikiLeaks.org helping Obama with that "transparency" thing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   

WikiLeaks.org helping Obama with that "transparency" thing

www.datelinezero.com

Wikileaks did a massive dump of tens-of-thousands of documents on Sunday, July 25; guaranteeing that "lack of Government transparency" will be leading the news conservation going into the last week of July.
Gosh, wasn’t Obama going to be bringing transparency? Guess that didn’t work out too well after the election wrapped. Funny how those promises get broken. Sometimes we forget that politicians don’t have convictions. They only have platforms.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.nytimes.com
www.politico.com
twitter.com

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I am sure that this will be at the top of the media conversation all the way through election week. But will it change anything.

If nearly all of government officials are not affected by election, what difference does it make?

On the other hand, I do think that more and more members of the private class are waking up. And recognizing the problem is step #1 of fixing the problem.

www.datelinezero.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
It seems to me there was a petition some time back, calling for disclosure of B O's "authentic" birth certificate. I haven't seen anything about it lately so it may have fallen by the wayside.

Just for the 'ell of it let's say Obama is unsumarily given the boot. Who's next in line? Biden. If he steps down for some reason the it's - DA DA DAAAA - dare I say it? Pel . . . o . . . I can't. I can't say it.

Perhaps it would be better (I can't believe I'm saying this) to let Obama, like the flu, run it's course and hope the Senate, the House, and Obama's handlers keep a tight leash on him till 2012. Just sayin'

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Nothing works.

Including Wikileaks

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

Or the search function apparently

Seriously...try it out

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by iamsupermanv2

Very funny, I can tell the difference. The sites are 404ing. Tell me O Wise One how do you search for that?

As it happens I found someone else who gave me a link that did NOT come up on a search so

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   

The search function on ATS

But the OP didn't even need to use that, just go to the front page, this topic is right there.

Enough with the repeat threads

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   

All of the links work, they just have huge traffic at the moment.
Plus too many people have downloaded the spreadsheet.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by starrmtn001

Perhaps it would be better (I can't believe I'm saying this) to let Obama, like the flu, run it's course and hope the Senate, the House, and Obama's handlers keep a tight leash on him till 2012. Just sayin'

lol, I dig that comparison.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by iamsupermanv2

The search function on ATS

But the OP didn't even need to use that, just go to the front page, this topic is right there.

Enough with the repeat threads
I say enough with self professed mods who beat their chests, when simply posting a link to existing threads with a polite "duplicate thread" would surfice. no need for the arrogance man.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I love the the Ny times report, that says the following :

www.nytimes.com...

Steven Aftergood, head of the project on government secrecy at the Federation of American Scientists, in his blog posting on June 28 accused WikiLeaks of “information vandalism” with no regard for privacy or social usefulness. “WikiLeaks must be counted among the enemies of open society because it does not respect the rule of law nor does it honor the rights of individuals,” he wrote.

Secrecy is power, and power must remain in the righ hidden hands, must it not?

Revolution is near, I say. Just watch as it happens.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by mother1138
reply to post by starrmtn001

lol, I dig that comparison.

Thanks. It just kind of "came into my head" as I was writing the post. It fit, so I used it.

I'm still wondering why Obama is not addressing we Americans, our questions, and our grievance.

new topics

top topics

join