It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Image from CNN

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   
You folks are silly.
Everything is a conspiracy even photos taken.
You say haircut, patches, no helmet, aspect, Etc.
Apparently you don't realize because it is a still photo,
The solider on the left is a shapeshifting Lizard.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I don't see anything that would suggest it to be a photoshopped image. I can see what you mean about the strange perspective and the backlighting highlights the soldier in such a way to make him look superimposed, but my eyes and experience as a CG animator tell me it's an un-edited photo.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   
You can just barely see something white behind the chopped guys neck. It appears to me that perhaps something is being covered up with his image.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Alrighty then. First off, this is a picture of 2 guys standing guard after 2 DIFFERENT soldiers were abducted. Why in the world would anyone need to photoshop that? What is the motive? Is every picture fake now? Do you wish they were all fake so you could have something to be paranoid about?

The guy on the left looks weird because of the white thing behind his neck. I believe it is a cord that comes off his earpiece that's in his left ear. If you look, you can see what looks like an in-ear thingy. I could be wrong, it also looks like it might be sunlight playing off his neck or neck hair. Just because it is there and nobody can identify it doesn't make the picture fake.

As a daily photoshop user who has been using it since version 1 in 1990, I am pretty confident in saying that there is no photoshop done to the soldiers' heads.

[edit on 26-7-2010 by AwakeinNM]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   
The Photo looks altered for sure. They must be covering up the fact that they are indeed aliens of the Lizzard variety. So the shopped the eyes lol

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   
The guy on the right is (according to his unit patch) part of IMCOM (installation management command).
If you check their website you can compare uniform pictures.
IMCOM Website

The guy on the left is more interesting. FP usually stands for Federal Police. But the only FP-unit in Afghanistan is the Australian Federal Police. And they don't dress up as soldiers.

I'll see if I can find more.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Ok , the thing that makes me wonder, at the blonde guy without helmet:

- What is the white line below his left ear?

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Why doesn't someone purchase the raw 23.3 MB - 3500 x 2329 pixel image for reviewing?

That would be the logical thing to do if you want to do an analysis, right?

www.gettyimages.com.au...

[edit on 26/7/10 by Chadwickus]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Gehirn

I agree with those who mention the guys head, it looks like he was shopped in from a white background, and because of his hair style, they couldn't get a clean paste. The bit by his ear looke even sloppier.

I think though that the part you are pointing at is just jpeg blocking.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Looks like a bad photoshop copy/paste.
The outline around the head and neck looks suspicious imo.
Looks like they have pasted the head only!

[edit on 26/7/10 by Ezappa]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Good idea, but it costs 270 GBP!!!

How the hell they can justify that price, I have no idea

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   
I don’t really know enough about photoshoping to say this has been photoshoped, to me it looks pretty normal, I don’t think it is photoshoped. I mean really why would CNN bother it’s just a picture of a couple of solders to go with the article, why would they go to the bother of photoshoping a picture when there are probably thousands of photos they could use of 2 solders standing together.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   
another thing I noticed that nobody else
has mentioned yet is that blue light thingy
on the ground behind the soldier on the left.
It's in the crack of the concrete wall and it appears
to have 2 blue lights on it.

I don't think they have holograms this good yet

I'm still sticking with my prior post that
it's a flat daddy cardboard cut-out prop.

But the blue lights were interesting, hmmmm

[edit on 26-7-2010 by boondock-saint]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   
I believe that the image is real. The sunlight is coming from behind, illuminating his hair, also the wall behind him is relatively dark enhancing the effect. When zoomed in, I can't see any tell tale signs this image was photoshopped. When zoomed out, the illuminated outline around his head becomes more pronounced.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freezer
I believe that the image is real. The sunlight is coming from behind, illuminating his hair, also the wall behind him is relatively dark enhancing the effect.

can you please explain to me
if it is the sun causing this effect
then why does it not affect the
other soldier in the pic???
thanks

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
can you please explain to me
if it is the sun causing this effect
then why does it not affect the
other soldier in the pic???
thanks

It does, you can see that the upper edge of his helmet is almost white or a very light gray, which shows you that the sun is most likely coming from above that wall behind them. Also you can see the highlight from the sun on the soldier's glasses. (soldier to the right)

The guys hair is sort of odd, his forehead region seems to have a brownish color to it, while the rest seems grayish/white, so it would reflect a good amount of light. Personally I think his hair in the front is either artificially colored or fake, but I don't think it was photoshop, I think he went to the hair club for men or something like that.
So given that he has darker hair in front gives more contrast adding to the illusion of it being shopped.

Here I bumped up the saturation so you can see the differences in hair color

[edit on 26-7-2010 by Freezer]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
another thing I noticed that nobody else
has mentioned yet is that blue light thingy
on the ground behind the soldier on the left.
It's in the crack of the concrete wall and it appears
to have 2 blue lights on it.

I don't think they have holograms this good yet

I'm still sticking with my prior post that
it's a flat daddy cardboard cut-out prop.

But the blue lights were interesting, hmmmm

Well if you look at the un-cropped photo from the AFP/Getty images link chad linked to before, you can see this feet and further down the street. I don't think they make 3d cutouts that cast shadows around their boots.

The photographer is Shah Marai who lives in Kabul, perhaps someone can email them and ask who manipulated their photograph that is being sold for over $200 from getty images.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by badw0lf
Well if you look at the un-cropped photo from the AFP/Getty images link chad linked to before, you can see this feet and further down the street. I don't think they make 3d cutouts that cast shadows around their boots.

great now we're getting somewhere
the other photo doesn't show the boots
and ur right it's kinda hard to do a cut-out
with an elongated boot.

So I stand corrected, it doesn't appear
to be a cardboard cut-out after all.

But it was a good strategy if the US General
wanted to use it, lol.

And thank you for posting the whole pic.
Star for you

Now can anybody identify what that blue
light thingy is on the ground behind the soldier
on the left ???

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freezer

The guys hair is sort of odd, his forehead region seems to have a brownish color to it, while the rest seems grayish/white, so it would reflect a good amount of light. Personally I think his hair in the front is either artificially colored or fake, but I don't think it was photoshop, I think he went to the hair club for men or something like that.
So given that he has darker hair in front gives more contrast adding to the illusion of it being shopped.

I don't think it's fake. my husbands hair is that color and when the sun is out it looks darker in the front than the back. You also have to remember the standard military haircut leaves more hair toward the front and top of the head. The color will naturally be darker there.

[edit on 26-7-2010 by antonia]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I cant see what the problem is.... it looks fine to me?

Looks like they are enjoying themselves.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join