It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Image from CNN

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Hi all,

I am not sure if this is the correct forum so apologies if not. I was poking around CNN a bit ago and came across a story about Afghanistan and has an image of 2 soldiers. I just wanted to get some others opinion on it because to me the image looks sloppily shopped and I even made mention of that and the post was deleted on CNN's site.

CNN Link

Cheers,

Itachi

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Yeah the guy on the left's hair-cut is standing out like he was pasted into the scene. This is just on first glance though.

It also appears the guys sun glassess are photo shopped onto his face.

[edit on 25-7-2010 by ExPostFacto]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Itachimaru

Good catch, I'm pretty sure you are right. You don't usually stand guard without your brainbucket

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Exactly what I was thinking @ both of you, as well as it seems the perspective is way off, like the shot of the second soldier was taken at a distance at an encampment, they would not stand on the street without a helmet. Especially in light of what the story is about.

I wanted to run it by ATS as I wasn't sure if it was just my eyes being wonky, but having a fairly decent background in graphics, that image screams SHOPPED at me lol

[edit on 25-7-2010 by Itachimaru]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Think you should speak with the AFP and Getty Images on this.

www.gettyimages.com...

It definitely does look like something was 'Photoshopped' around that blond guy's head.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
It does looks like a photoshop. It just doesn't look right and I'm not only talking about the hair. It just looks weird.

The guy's width also seems to small compared to the tree. But that might also be the alcohol talking.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Though im not an expert image analyst, they dont look shopped, untill i zoom in, and there's something a bit fishy about the dude on the right. but he has a shadow in the picture. His hair is more blondish so id expect it to do that glow thing though.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
not sure if anybody else noticed it but

they have different Unit patches on their uniform.
When did guard duty become mixed units ???

Something is unusual about the photo
I agree.

It is improper to stand guard duty without
a helmet. Could be an article 15 for
the soldier.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
guy on the left really looks shopped.

jeez... hard to tell.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Guy seems to have his hand on his heart, maybe a photo during the pledge or anthem? Wrong hand though? Awkward posture. Posted into this scene?

Why though?

[edit on 25-7-2010 by getreadyalready]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Guy on the left looks shopped for sure. Wonder who would have done it and why though.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
The question is... WHY?

What would be the point? What are they trying to achieve?

I doconcur though, the anderson cooper looking dude is out of place. Also, like an above poster stated, That man IS OUT of uniform. His buddy on the left should have made him aware of that if that man 'really' existed or not.

But the question is still WHY?

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
There appears to be something definitely wrong with this pic, but as a previous poster pointed out....why???..it's not like they are hiding anything by it..

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d238546cab6d.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/35be8c579c84.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
thats a good catch. It sure looks shopped to me, but do i know.

But like someone stated before, what can be gained, or hidden by this? It doesnt really make sense. Makes me think that the editor at CNN needs to be replaced.

link   
oops, posted twice.

[edit on 25-7-2010 by Le Colonel]

link   
Yeah these shop jobs are always so easy to confirm.

Just zoom in on the pic and look for bad cutting signs like straight lines or sharp 90 degree corners.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Yea, the big question for me is why bother? There has to be a surplus of photo's to shop around from over there so why go through the, albeit, half assed trouble to shop one up and post it? Which is more or less where I am at now, it just seems a huge waste of time to bother with that, when another stock image could have been used just as easily.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   

It could be someone new in training learning photo editing,

or...

said soldier is actually somewhere else but someone wants to show him there..

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by tribewilder

It could be someone new in training learning photo editing,

or...

said soldier is actually somewhere else but someone wants to show him there..

I think if they wanted to show the two soilders, but they werent in the same picture, they would show each a picture of their own.

On the zoomed in photo, there is a strange jpeg artifacting around the guy.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
One soldier has MP on his shoulder, the suspected shop job soldier has TP?

Maybe focus on the units patches and the TP designation, to see what they are?

Could the shopped soldier have been an Afghan soldier? I don't know, but it seems that the photo was manipulated to remove the identity of the one on the left..

Interesting..

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join