It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the mason tunnels

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   
These tunnels fascinate me too. I live in Worcester, and my friends and I came across the cities tunnels - by accident. We were in my mates house, and his dad dropped his credit card through some floorboards in his cellar. His house is very old, and we had to pull out the floor boards. When we did, we found more floorboards underneath in a square shape. After we took them off to find this credit card, it was on top of what seemed to be a trap door of sorts. With a crobar we opened it, and I must say, didn't smell too good! We decided to take a look, and inside was a tunnel, about 1.5 meters in diameter, with a flat bottom. We took a very strong torch in to see how far it went, but it was too long. It headed in the direction of the cathedral and the old nun covent. It was far too creepy so we got right out of there! That's not all to his house, however.
In their attic, there are strange locked doorways, and the key is no where to be found. His dog won't go near the 3rd floor, and the one time we took her up there, she barked loudly at the ceiling, scratching on the wall. Its kinda weird and really fascinating! I think his house may have been a prestigious Mason's house or something and perhaps a body is up in the attic? I wouldn't know but would love to find out!

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Emphursis
There are old tunnels under Worcester that were apparently used to store barrels of wine and other goods and transport them to and from the river.
King Charles 1st also fled through them after his defeat in the Battle of Worcester in 1651.

My mother used to work in one of the buildings near the Cathedral and has told me about how she used to have to go into the buildings basement to retrieve and photocopy old vellum documents. She said that there were several bricked up archways which were entrances to the tunnels. Those are the only entrances I am aware of for certain, although I think there is at least one bricked up on the path alongside the river, and another in the Cathedral Gardens.
I assume most of the other buildings in the arc alongside the Cathedral also have entrances.

Those buildings surrounding the cathedral are my schools buildings! I'm feeling a little exploration... Plus, you're definitely right about the cathedral tunnels, used to go to the old hospital, now the grammar school, and the convent, which I believe go beneath my friends house. The gardens have a fenced off area, where its very dark and you can't really see in. I think that's a good place to start, and I know that homeless people go there for shelter (plus smack heads, one overdosed there and his body wasn't found for over 3 months!)

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by SNAFU38

there's a pub in sydney that leads to a subterranean grotto area, complete with statues of owls and other things..
good luck finding it

I think his house may have been a prestigious Mason's house or something

what you might want to do is, examine the exterior architecture of the house, looking for encoded sets of 3 triangles and so on..

edit on 30-3-2014 by UNIT76 because: ...

new topics

<< 1   >>

join