It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA's Deep Space Camera Locates Host of 'Earths'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   
There is no way to gauge any potential alien psychology or motivations. Heck, we can barely understand the behavior of members of our own species from the other side of the planet....or the other side of the dinner-table, for that matter.

[edit on 7/26/10 by silent thunder]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   
In my opinion, what better way to win the Cold War? Fake a moon landing.

There could be many possibilities as to why they are pouring is so much money to things like this. It could also be that the Aliens do not think friendly of us and simply wont just let us tag along for the ride, maybe they want us to prove that we are worthy of seeing and going to all the places the universe has to offer, and expand. But then again, how do we know they are peaceful and not blood thirty for war and are waiting for the perfect moment or something. I can ponder about this all day with different scenarios and such. We will just have to wait and see what's real and true. Might not even happen in out life time.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by RockCreekMan

timing is everything, our government tells us what they want us to know, when they want us to know about it. maybe NASA is suddenly becoming legitimized to soften us up and prime us for whats to come.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by YouCanCallMeKM

Yep, great point. Thanks for the reply. Gives me something to think about.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Lately on TV I have been noticing more programs about aliens and the universe. It almost feels like we are being shown stuff to prep us for big news.

This sort of news is very exciting and I hope I am around when they discover the first planet able to support life. I dream and think about these sort of things all the time.

Just waiting for the day I go onto ATS and "LIFE FOUND" threads are flowing like wine!

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   
I sure hope there's no oil on those planets....

No telling what we'll do after that.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   
I posted this info almost a month ago and to be honest most of the information is misleading. I wonder why fox was so far behind on reporting this.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

To say that these planets are earth like is taking a huge shot in the dark. None of this information has been confirmed as to weather or not any of these planets can even sustain life and it has not been confirmed if these finds are even planets at all.

Here is a quote from Yeti101 that puts it in a little better perspective.

they have 700+ candidates but around 50% will be false positives. Also they wont be "earth-like", all these planets so far will be very close to their stars. Maximum 15 day orbit and many will be alot bigger than earth. Although if some are around M stars that might put them in the HZ of the star they will be very diffirent from earth. (tidally locked etc)

It's going to be a waiting game to get real evidence of earth like planets. I'm willing to bet it will be a few more years before there is solid evidence of such planets and that is if they even decide to tell us of such places existing.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Yes, this does not mean anything.

Yes we will keep on discovering many worlds, we will discover worlds with water, and G class stars like our sun orbiting the perfect distance. Yes that will happen.

But what will not happen is the discovery of intelligent life. Maybe microbes, but I guarantee you we will not find intelligent life out there.

There are many spiritual beings/demons who will want to make you think that they are from another planet, but in reality they are from another dimension. They did not come from our universe, so do not fall for their tricks.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   
So....?
Please
Can someone tell me...in this universe, with its galaxies, and solar systems....from our perspective, and including the time it takes for images from these proto planets to reach us...

ARE WE THE FIRST?

Wouldn't that be the coolest

We find unknown number of planets...in their Genesis phases...

Imagine watching that show...
AWESOME

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

This article describes how unlikely we humans are in this universe. And this is just from a geological, paleontological, astronomical perspective. It doesn't even take into account chemistry or physics.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Portugoal

People always ask me to Karaoke the song for some reason.
I suppose it's Serendipity in Motion.....without the holograph of course.

It's Fox msm, they may-be on to something, hopefully, for some 'Good' Reason.

[edit on 26-7-2010 by Perseus Apex]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
en.wikipedia.org...

This article describes how unlikely we humans are in this universe. And this is just from a geological, paleontological, astronomical perspective. It doesn't even take into account chemistry or physics.

I'm sorry but it describes how allegedly unlikely we are. It is a hypothesis, not a law. That word tells a lot.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Give me a call.
You have my number.
If not, your boss does.
I'd like to talk.
You?

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 02:24 AM
link   

en.wikipedia.org...

If Wikipedia was around in the time of Galileo it would have described how unlikely it is that the Earth is not the center of the universe.

Is line 2 really necessary here?

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 02:40 AM
link   
This is how its going to be for the next few months, new discoveries, and more education to the people about the increased possibilities of life on another planet and then.........There will either be a signal or the cameras will spot vegetation and water I guarantee this is the way it will happen and then after that will come something like............... Signal interpretted confirms life on (name of planet) then the funding will start to build a craft that can travel there using 'new tech'. Its been planned for a long time.

We are entering the new age and I for one am getting very excited and will be waiting in anticipation over the next 24 months.

[edit on 26-7-2010 by franspeakfree]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 03:26 AM
link   
NWO should play god on one of these plants.

Anyways this is really cool to see. I really thought that we were further advanced than we are.

Let's Explore

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spinotoror

en.wikipedia.org...

I'm sorry but it describes how allegedly unlikely we are. It is a hypothesis, not a law. That word tells a lot.

This hypothesis is actually more valid than the ones that call for other alien beings as we can actually see the results in the rare earth hypothesis and has yet to be disproven.

Therefore since it is disproven, it is stronger than the aliens hypothesis, which has no evidence of the tiniest amount. Are you going to believe an earth full of evidence or some UFO fanatics ramblings

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by AntiNWO

en.wikipedia.org...

If Wikipedia was around in the time of Galileo it would have described how unlikely it is that the Earth is not the center of the universe.

Is line 2 really necessary here?

I never mentioned that the earth is the center of the universe. All evidence is pointing to the fact that there is no intelligent life out there.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 03:30 AM
link   
My thanks to the OP for bringing this fantastic news to the fore. This is marvelous !
Its been some time since the hardcore thinkers on this subject pulled up the idea of there being many planets out there which bare similarities to our own, and now, heres the evidence. I doubt that ALL those planets are false positives, and any new find increases the chance that at some point another intelligence will be discovered. Kudos to the otherwise untrustworthy bunch at Nasa for all thier hard work *See what happens when you drop the cloak and dagger for a while? Yep you get some freakin work done !*

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Portugoal

This still doesn't mean any aliens

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

lol if humans are the most intelligent life then god help the universe!!!
my god humans dont even show respect to the life on this planet with their unethical animal testing crap, fur farms etc

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join