It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congress is set to vote on ban of private gun sales!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
While I enjoy your posts, OP, calm down a bit.
We all know the way to stop guns in America is through the ammunition.
Not the guns themselves.

Talk about more sensationalism...

I was involved in the hype a while back, too.
Take a deep breath and relax.

You will still be able to get guns.
This bill, if passed, will just allow them to regulate gun shows a teeny bit.
Personally, I know some people that shouldn't be allowed to own firearms.
Ergo, they should have a background check...
They will just check your record to make sure you're not a felon.

What is the big deal?

It won't stop the sales of guns in America.

Sheeesh.
Sensationalism at its best!

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by havok

It's called baby-stepping to tyranny and it's how it's done to keep people asleep until it's too late. That's the big deal.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
this just goes to show how ignorant and sheltered the politicians who run our country really are. if you grow up in a multi million dollar mansion your whole life and your daddy owns a corporation which you work for and earn a six figure salary, and the only other people you know and associate with are just as spoiled rich and greedy as you how much could you really know about the world? how can you possibly know what is best for the common man having lived a life like this? one simple answer, you couldn't. you never possibly could. i am assuming the people who introduced this bill don't realize that anyone can get a gun on the street. you think crackheads without criminal records won't legally purchase guns then report them stolen, then trade them for drugs? or even law abiding citizens buying guns using a dremel to file off the serial numbers and then report them stolen? do they honestly think it's hard to get a gun when there are twelve year old kids running around in our cities that have no problem getting their hands on one? when a multiple felon crack dealing scum bag builds up an arsenal of assault type weapons in their basement, do you think they are buying them from the pawn shop or the gun store? if guns are made illegal then only the criminals will have them. plain and simple. pure ignorance concentrate just add water brained politicians (and voters)

[edit on 31-7-2010 by 2weird2live2rare2die]

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
Most of you younger folks won't remember this
but back in the 80's they passed The Brady Bill
which was enacted due to President Reagan's
gun attack while getting into his limousine.

Now, they're using Columbine as a scapegoat
to further restrict gun sales.

I got news for congress.

You can pass all the laws you want.

Americans will still have guns
even if they have to buy them
on the black market !!!!

The only thing congress is doing
is saying good-bye to their political
careers. I bet their new job in 2011
will include the phrase:

"You want fries with that???"

I agree with you completely, unfortunately this will, in effect, make the average citizen who owns guns or wishes to buy one a criminal for doing so. It is an attempt to stack the establishments deck along with law enforcements to lean against citizens. A "regulation, license and permit" wall has been built under the guise of safety for every little thing in business and in personal life. The amount of hoops one must jump through is increased and the size of the hoops is decreased. These people are anti-everything this country stands for. It is so crystal clear that government has stepped beyond protecting rights, but we can't do a damn thing to change anything that isn't violent.

[edit on 1-8-2010 by SmokeandShadow]

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Hmm. Why ban private gun sales when Congress could outlaw bullets, etc.?

As mentioned already, there will always be the black market and more outlaws.

Also, the point with the `right to bear arms` as such is to prevent the government from controlling its citizens. With the citizens becoming more and more defenseless, then fascism here we come!

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 03:16 AM
link   
This entire thread is sensationalist fear mongering.

I think this is the second one on the topic of gun-ownership this week.

This bill does not ban the private sale of firearms.

I repeat, this bill does not ban the private sale of firearms.

The only reason you would be even the slightest bit concerned about the legislation being introduced is if you have committed felonies in the past, and are therefore unable to pass a background check.

If you can pass the background check, you can buy guns just fine.

Here is a straightforward summary of the bill, without the ridiculous slant:

Gun Show Background Check Act of 2009 - Amends the Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act to require registration of gun show promoters and to set forth the responsibilities of promoters, licensees, and other transferors. Provides that if any part of a firearm transaction takes place at a gun show, each licensed importer, manufacturer, and dealer who transfers one or more firearms to a person who is not licensed shall, within 10 days after the transfer, submit a report of the transfer to the Attorney General. Sets forth penalties for violations. Grants the Attorney General authority to enter the place of business of any gun show promoter and any place where a gun show is held, during business hours and without a showing of reasonable cause or a warrant, for purposes of examining records and the inventory of licensees conducting business to determine compliance with this Act. Increases penalties for: (1) serious record-keeping violations by licensees; and (2) violations of criminal background check requirements.

govtrack.us

[edit on 1-8-2010 by drwizardphd]

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by pikypiky
Hmm. Why ban private gun sales when Congress could outlaw bullets, etc.?

I think it would be harder to outlaw bullets. I make my own ammunition.

<< 1   >>

join