It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mission to Mars is about oil not finding life!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 09:04 PM
link   
If Cheney said that, then it's a pretty sad comment on the awareness of basic science that this administration has. As others have pointed out, there IS no oil there (the conditions aren't right) and the effort of getting any minerals off any other planet is so huge (years of space travel time, the effort of mining it, the energy to get it back) that it's easier to develop alternative forms of energy here at home than it is to do a mission to Mars/elsewhere for some sort of wonderfuel.

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Byrd,
Please lock this thread! This stuff is just way to weird! Besides, it's all been said before!
CS

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Hey, I haven't heard a more absurd idea, lately! How are we gonna get the oil back from Mars ? we don't even have the resources to bring a mechanical robot back, let alone a space tanker! and how is such a space tanker going to lift off Earth ? and how is it going to land on Earth ???!!!!

Maybe you should think a little before your mouth opens...

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I'm sorry, but this is so untrue.

Halliburton has been working with NASA for some time now on drilling issues associated with DRILLING FOR WATER on Mars. In particular, I know they are working with NASA on sealing issues associated with attempted water-well drilling.

This article is blazing evidence of how a kernel of truth can be twisted into a flaming nightmare of falsehood.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join