It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

W.H. condemns 'irresponsible' leaks (from Wikileaks), dismisses stories

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I have a spot on my left butt cheek picked out for the wh to kiss.

I am not part of anti Obama crowd, however how exactly does the admin know that any of it is a threat to national security, when they released their statement they hadn't even had their lackies read it yet.

I think they should have thanked wikileaks for not releasing the 15000 documents that they thought were a security risk.

We all know war sucks, it is evil, it is horrible, and unimaginable things happen. The only difference here is instead of having to wait 50 or 60 yrs for my grandchild to find out the atrocities, I actually get to know about it and make the determination who I will vote for now, while the situation is still occurring, and hopefully get the pull out that I want.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
reply to post by ~Lucidity

The only reason he can't blame bush anymore is because he has done it so much it is lacking in credibility anymore.

No one is BLAMING Bush for anything.
Then documents are relative to the Bush administration.

This is a fact and has nothing to do with Obama.

If anything, everyone seems to be blaming him for things he rightfully is not responsible for.

- Lee

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by lee anoma

The only reason he can't blame bush anymore is because he has done it so much it is lacking in credibility anymore.

No one is BLAMING Bush for anything.
Then documents are relative to the Bush administration.

This is a fact and has nothing to do with Obama.

If anything, everyone seems to be blaming him for things he rightfully is not responsible for.

- Lee

Read my next post.

This is a tinhat site. Whaddya expect?

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by lee anoma

I agree one hundred percent and highlights an issue with how our populace views politics.

It's a business...after decades of operating behind the scenes we are finally able to connect dots that were impossible before the internet and global communication.

I even went so far at one point to theorize that administrations get traded intentionally to take advantage of public perception...Republican administration = international policies and Democratic administration = domestic.

Not that there isn't effect on both from both but the point is the capacity of funded legislation to not make MSM headlines due to overt and administration associated issues.

Obama is not responsible for the fallout of decades of industry manipulation. I would say Bush wasn't either save for the fact that we can trace his family for a few generations in the heat of many world events...

On topic, I repeat, the White House release is obligatory and cursory only...and tends to highlight the dissidence between them and military/intelligence operations...

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Portugoal
reply to post by lee anoma

I understand that the Bush administration is responsible for what happen during his term, but for the White House to say every problem that comes their way in 2010 and beyond is his fault (including the Gulf Oil Spill), then they really don't understand the meaning of the buck stopping at Obama's office, and not in Crawford, Texas.

What exactly is there to blame?

Have all the documents been thoroughly analyzed and do they pinpoint an outright fault or failure in leadership in someone or group in particular?

I was under the impression the media is still going over them all.

This is just the White House condemning their release in general.

If you guys want to make this into a preemptive Obama-bash because you fear the documents may find some fault in the Bush administration and not talk about the actual article then that is another story.

As far as I can tell, none of the documents have proven Bush is at fault for intentionally misleading the public or any sort of willful misconduct regarding their handling of the Afghanistan war.

Yet...

Originally posted by Gorman91
That's nice Obama. Why don't you go f**k off and golf some more while we continue not caring about your opinion.

I know you may dislike our U.S. president but cursing at him is immature, disrespectful, and unpatriotic.

If I wouldn't stand for it under Bush, I shouldn't under Obama.

Also..T&C?

- Lee

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Read my next post.

This is a tinhat site. Whaddya expect?

Heh...well look I understand that this site deals in conspiracies but it isn't confined to just that anymore. It touches on a wide variety of "real life" subjects and is broken down into categories for that purpose.

This is the "Breaking Alternative News forum".
Not "The Gray Area" or "Political Madness".

I thought we were talking about the facts of the article but hey, maybe it's time for me to bring up my theory about aliens in the White House and how this is just a cover-up to hide an upcoming meeting between Obama and the Martian King Lord Kyn-Bolt.

- Lee

[edit on 26-7-2010 by lee anoma]

[edit on 26-7-2010 by lee anoma]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

Mem, I somewhat agree and disagree with your stance. I do not see goverment as a buisness per say but I can see your point on many aspects. My big disagreement is that there may be an organized trade off between the political parties, I think there is an ebb and flow in politics between the economy and international affairs but I believe that is based on the citizens as a whole who vote and there concerns at the time.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

That makes no sense whatsoever. None. Bush bears responsibility for starting this through to the end. And he certainly shoulders the responsibility for things that happened during his administration. I know you wish with all your heart this wasn't so. But it is. If it makes you feel any better, Obama will no doubt have more than his share to bear.

This is the history Mr. Bush and Mr. Cheney were waiting for. Or the start of it.

[edit on 7/26/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Birddog26
My big disagreement is that there may be an organized trade off between the political parties, I think there is an ebb and flow in politics between the economy and international affairs but I believe that is based on the citizens as a whole who vote and there concerns at the time.

I didn't say it was organized within the political parties and I am sure that the voters have some influence but that influence is not primary.

Not by a long shot...

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 02:48 AM
link   

lots of people oppose U.S. policy in Afghanistan. And what's wrong with blaming the Bush administration for things committed to and committed during the Bush administration?

Thanks for the humor!

The Obama Administration is 100% involved in the current situation in Pakistan and Afghanistan.

Briefly what the Wikileaks prove is that Pakistan via. the ISI an other governmental agencies supports both the US and the Al Qaeda as a matter of practicality. In order to survive in that environment. In order to maintain a balance of power to the east, India, and to the west, the Afghanistan Al Qaeda.

Obama has already said the US will leave by such and such time so all the AQ has to do is stick around till the US pulls out. Pretty simple!

And all Pakistan has to do is carry on their dual facade of support for both the US and AQ.

Obviously, if the US wants to win this one it stays and shuts its mouth about when it will leave. It steps up its military commitment to beat the Taliban.

Otherwise it tucks tail and gets out like it did in Viet Nam. Given that we have a weak president that sides with the Islamic factions, the outcome looks dismal.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join