It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Afghan War Diary - New Wikileaks Documents

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Afghan War Diary

Wikileaks has released what they call the Afghan War Diary. A compendium of reports written by the military and intelligence officers. What do we make of this? There is a lot to go through and I am downloading files as we speak.

Have any members gone through these already?

Edit: Weird, now you are getting 404 page error on the Wikileaks download page.

[edit on 25-7-2010 by LarryLove]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by LarryLove

I can't even get onto the site, I want to download these docs.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

I think it is being swamped by people.

I got a bit downloaded, and then everything froze. Again, 404 errors on the page.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I was able to download the full 16MB file, but it has a file extension of " .7z " & I cant open it. If anyone can I can upload the file maybe.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by SNAFU38

Do you know if it was the sql,kml or csv download?

Mac or PC?

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by SNAFU38

Use winrar to open the .7z in it you will find you will find the file.
2nd for what its worth

[edit on 25-7-2010 by hillbilly4rent]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Ya dont worry, I was on another thread and users have already downloaded all of it, although one user said they had probs opening it, maybe you can u2u them and get them to send em to you in exchange for you opening them, then copying & pasting to a text doc or email u can send back to them. Or maybe someone has it on their site already put into text, look around. Its fairly fresh news (to the public) though so im sure by tomorro or the day after it will be a little easier to get the files one way or another. I havent seen em either. But for me it only confirms what I already suspected, the most sick & twisted things are going on, on a scale not seen since Hitler. But what do ya expect when you bring thousands of top Nazi`s and place them in high paying, powerful positions all throughout your country, ha! We`re the Nazi`s now. Prepare for the shame Germany felt because other "bad guy" countries like Russia & China & other "allies" will rise up to defeat the evil "axis" for their crimes. And the citizens not only let it go on, but most supported it until it was too late and now their scared of their all powerful government and their secret police & secret prisons. Wouldn`t wanna be called a terrorist or traitor & be thrown in the torture dungeon, better to keep queit & pray for someone on top to have some compassion. Oh...you didn`t think all that media coverage of secret prisons and torture methods was all just about foreign terrorists did you? No that was a clear message saying this is what we will do to anyone who opposes our dominance & godlike power, we will send you to "hell" and boy you better believe it exists! Just watch "Unthinkable". After all, we know there`s always a 4th bomb, right? Like the italian mafia used to say, "Why take a chance?"

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by LarryLove

It was the KML file. I could try the others if I knew I could open them.

Dont have winrar.

I should add that in the past 10 minutes, Aus news site sbs.com.au has posted several articles from the US & Pak about the leak.

[edit on 25/7/2010 by SNAFU38]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
A ".7z" file is a zip file (created with 7-zip). Try renaming it to ".zip" and opening it.

The page is comes up for me, but it takes several minutes. Will try downloading.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by SNAFU38

Go here it takes you to the Guardian website where you can download the spreadsheet with all the reports. I have just done it and am scanning now.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I'm downloading the full HTML version now. If anyone already has it, upload it to mega upload or something and link it in this thread so the wikileak servers aren't so strained.

PS - You can open the 7zip file with this free open source application: 7-Zip

PSS - I'm guessing the HTML version will open up in any web browser, so people don't need any special software to open it.

[edit on 26/7/10 by CHA0S]

new topics

top topics

join