It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks backlash?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I am just wondering what the political backlash will be because of the 92,000 documents just released by Wikileaks? Will the people of the U.S. finally open up their eyes and see the big picture? Will there be riots? Will senior government officials loose their jobs? What will happen? I obviously haven't had the time to read all of the documents, but I think that there will be a lot of political upheaval because of this. Will this have any repercussions on President Obama? Will this even be picked up by the MSM, or will it just be a small blurb and dissapear?

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   

July 25 (Bloomberg) -- The disclosure of classified documents on the U.S. war in Afghanistan was denounced as "irresponsible" by National Security Adviser James Jones, who said the action could put lives at risk and threaten national security

U.S. Condemns Wikileaks

Of course the U.S. is condemning the leaks and trying to put their spin on it

[edit on 7/25/2010 by SUICIDEHK45]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I can see it already.

The current administration already has
their "spin" prepared. And like many times
before, it will spin and dwindle away
into nothingness.

People do have short memories
when it comes to current events.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
IF you could break people away from American Idol . Dancing with the Stars and reading about Lindsy Lohan going to jail . Then and may be only Then there might be an awakening of the general public .

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lostinthedarkness
IF you could break people away from American Idol . Dancing with the Stars and reading about Lindsy Lohan going to jail . Then and may be only Then there might be an awakening of the general public .

Not everyone wants to be a paranoid internet freak worrying about every little political detailed. Some people like to (and enjoy) to have a life.

reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

I think you are looking a little too "close to home". I think the major issue is the backlash from other countries. Countries that are already on edge with the United States and Allies may really lash out.

Wikileaks may think they are doing the public a favor, but they may possibly be playing with fire. In fact, it could spark more attacks on US soil.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by NeutronAvenger

I think the government will find a senior official that will end up being the scapegoat for this one.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
The american sheeple are controlled and they know it. And I will give you a quote that will say why we are.

“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.”

Quote from Joseph Goebbels Hitlers propaganda man.

That is why, they are using parts of his propaganda expertise in order to lull the americans. We are happy as long as we have a full belly, some money, access to internet (which helps with the sex), and a roof or structure over our head. When the people start losing at least this, they will freak out. So they do everything they can to make sure everyone is thinking and speaking and only hearing HAPPY THOUGHTS, HAPPY LANGUAGE AND HAPPY NOISES.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I doubt there will be much backlash from the population over this, I think that most people who will actually hear about this are cynical enough about war to find that these documents just confirm what they thought goes on anyway.

I think though, there will probably be a few plumbers running around in DoD trying to find the leaks. A few people will put Assange on a higher priority for discrediting. Pressure will be put on people like the Swedish/etc ambassador to get the laws changed so they can stop him in future.

[edit on 25/7/2010 by harpsounds]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
It would be nice if something would happen. Hopefully this info won't get ignored like "Sibel Edmonds." Remember her? She was the whistleblower with all the dirt on the politicians.

Former FBI contract translator-turned-whistleblower Sibel Edmonds discusses the corruption of “political termite” former Republican Speaker of the House Dennis Hastert, the systemic rot indicated by the disappearance of accountability and oversight in all levels of US government, pervasive political self-dealing and foreign espionage based in Chicago, bribes and lucrative salaries given to current and former US politicians by Turkish operatives, ignorant or apathetic voters that keep voting for incumbents, the special set of ethical and legal exceptions given to Israel and the bribery and espionage investigations that have targeted Dan Burton, Bob Livingston, Jane Harman and others in Congress.
Scott Horton Interviews Sibel Edmonds

new topics

top topics

join