It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexico: Prison guards let killers out, lent guns

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Mexico: Prison guards let killers out, lent guns

news.yahoo.com

MEXICO CITY – Guards and officials at a prison in northern Mexico allegedly let inmates out, lent them guns and allowed them to use official vehicles to carry out drug-related killings, including the massacre of 17 people last week, prosecutors said Sunday.

After carrying out the killings the inmates would return to their cells, the Attorney General's Office said in a revelation that was shocking even for a country wearied by years of drug violence and corruption.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.google.com...:en-US
fficial&client=firefox-a

[edit on 25-7-2010 by toolstarr]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
omg! this is so corrupt. Did the drug gangs pay the prison director to let these guys out to kill their rivals?

I knew Mexico was corrupt but... wow... I'm almost at a loss of words.
the second link says

After carrying out the killings the inmates would return to their cells, the Attorney General's Office said in a revelation that was shocking even for a country wearied by years of drug violence and corruption.

what stopped them from just running away and never coming back? Is it better in prison for them, than out and free?
Is it like their own fort?

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
We have big problems south of the border,this is shocking. Hopefully the guards and the perps will be prosecuted and made examples out of with stiffest possible sentences.

I dont have the answer to the problem,I think legalization of marry jane will only go so far and I dont even see that on the horizon. I think this is soon to get even worse if that can be imagined.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
OMG !!!
This has endless possibilities attached to it.
What if the prison guards actually let
the killers out and put innocent
civilians back in those cells.
Corruption and greed has no bounds.
S&F

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I am constantly intrigued by stories of prison life in countries south of the U.S. border. Nothing really surprises me anymore.

I recently watched an episode of Locked Up Abroad on NGC. Two young Englishmen took an all expense paid vacation to Venezuela and in return were required to carry 22 pounds of coc aine back to England. They got caught just as they were about to step onto the jet that would take them back to London. Once in a Venezuela state prison, they were faced with inmates who were armed with knives, guns and hand grenades. Prison guards and authorities did nothing to stop such things, and prisoners carried their weapons in plain sight of everyone. And killed each other in plain sight of everyone, including guards.

The two English prisoners were eventually paroled, and this allowed them to find jobs and work during the day and return to the prison at night.

I want nothing to do with any incarceration system, justice system and law officers south of the U.S. border.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
"I was locked up in prison at the time" would make an excellent alibi.

Yes, a person would have to be pretty mentally tough to go and kill, then hide out in a prison as an inmate, but it has probably worked for a long time.

Set up their family with some money, or promise (and deliver) a big payoff or promotion when they get out...

Definitely too corrupt for my blood though.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   

These are civil servants working for the Mexican government. The SAME government that Barack Hussein Obama fawned over, the SAME government that is presided over by a man that stood on the floor of OUR Congress and denigrated Arizona, it’s push for REAL immigration reforms, and America in general, Felipe Calderon.

I am not an alarmist, I am a truth teller.

I have a lot of very strong ideas and attitudes concerning Mexico, the folks that run the place, as well as the ILLEGALS that filter through there and into our nation and economy, but I reserve my most vehement contempt for the government of this United States of America and those in power in Washington, D.C., from the President right down to every Senator and Congressman!

Their utter lack of doing ANYTHING to truly protect this nation from the SCUM that lies just below our southern border, or that which has seeped into this nation and brings us down to Third World status is what angers me the most. That, and the continued stupidity of the Obama Regime as they continually try to foist Calderon off on Americans as a caring, benevolent leader and ally.
www.msnbc.msn.com...

new topics

join