It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SEXTRA CREDIT The big list: Female teachers with students. Most comprehensive account on Internet of

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Starbug3MY

Another interesting note:
LaFave is the only one on the list that *I recognized simply going on the press coverage she received. Wonder why some receive such publicity/notoriety while others are virtually ignored?

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

I didn't think anyone would recognize these women, but you are the second member to say that. What was the one you heard of charged with and do you think it was because the crime was worse than others?

Sorry - just noticed you said LaFave.

[edit on 25-7-2010 by Starbug3MY]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Sorry, but no. You're such a typical expected responder to threads like these. I'm sure you'd be all over the male-on-female incidents, right?

In reality, from the page you took that picture from, the ages of the victims range anywhere from 18 (which isn't a big deal) all the way down to 11 (which is a pretty big f-ing deal, if you ask me). Irresponsible deflection, pal. In some of these cases, kidnappings took place and they were abducted across the border; in those cases, the average age of the victim was under 15.

Who wants their pre-pubescent 11-13yr old son or daughter having sexual relations with a teacher, male or female? No one.

[edit on 25-7-2010 by SyphonX]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
The double-standard is sickening.

2nd line.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
LoL, one of them was the lunchlady. The lunchroom supervisor.

A lot of these note how the women got light sentences because they are women.

It would be interesting to see how harsh female judges are for sentencing in these cases, compared to male judges.

If it's consentual, there should be no jail time - but punishment yes. If it's abuse, then put them in jail for a long time IF you have the evidence.

I wonder how many of these boys decide to tell on the teacher because the teacher "breaks up" with them or starts giving them less attention and slowly it dawns on them they can get back at her rather nastily.

Actually seems like news coverage of this will help prevent new teachers from trying it... it's always going to be a volatile situation and "not worth it." Many of them are attractive anyway, can get it elsewhere, and don't need to ruin their life. It's like a person who wins the lottery and ends up in debt, people make such stupid decisions.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Novise
LoL, one of them was the lunchlady. The lunchroom supervisor.

A lunch lady, honestly?

"Oh, what's that? You wanna 'nother chicken patty? That's gonna cost you!"

I think, however, a lunchroom supervisors are normal teachers assigned to watch over the lunchroom, and not serve the lunches themselves. At my old school there were teachers and security guards.

Originally posted by Novise
Actually seems like news coverage of this will help prevent new teachers from trying it... it's always going to be a volatile situation and "not worth it."

I don't know. I believe it will just remind them to take more care in not getting caught, if they even consider the risk at all. And although some of these women are beautiful and able to meet people a more appropriate age elsewhere, it is not the most satisfying meal to their palate. One also wonders how many of them became teachers for this very reason.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Skimming through some of these stories I saw a very clear pattern..

Women, often in their late 20's and 30's, raping 12-15 year old boys were receiving no jail time to the highest I saw 6 years...

If a 30 year old male had sex with a 13 year old girl.. he'd spend the next 50 years in jail.

I fail to see why women are not getting harsher jail times?

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Only the really attractive female teachers got the news coverage.. and most of the news kinda carried it as a joke, saying what a lucky lad that was, having sex with his super model teacher.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I sat as a juror in trial of a local female HS teacher who was accused of having sex with a 16y/o male student. The crime was not only traumatizing for the victim, but also for everyone else involved. Even we jurors experienced nervous problems in response to the trail proceedings.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Im sorry, but while it may be inappropriate, its not necessarily abuse. Abuse has to cause some form of damage or trauma. Instead, we just lump all these actions as "abuse" and punish accordingly. While it may be considered statutory "rape", that is a legal definition, and is far from the violent rape that most of us think of. Sadly, while they may be completely different things, they are punished as if the same. The no tolerance policy on this subject is as damaging to people and society as the no tolerance policy on drugs.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   
A few of those teachers aren't too shabby looking. I wouldn't have minded detention if it came with.........

I also find it interesting that there were a lot of the teachers in there mid 20's, go to the club it would be less hassle. Maybe the thought of being in control or having power is what they liked and couldn't resist.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   
You know I had a big old laundry list of things to say on this topic, then it occurred to me that it would be a pointless post. Opinion really makes no difference on this issue. Everyone seems to make up their mind and stick with it regardless. So instead of debating this logically, I have decided to simply draw on my own experiences.

When I was 15 and 16, I was having sex on and off with a 25 year old. At no time did I feel abused. I was happy to be getting laid. When I was 17, I was having sex with a women in her 30's. Do I consider her sick? Not at all. I lied to her about how old I was so I could get laid. Fact is boys want to get laid and although a teacher sleeping with an underaged student is completely inappropriate, it is also a victimless crime. Unless these boys said "no" or felt like they had to have sex, there is no victim.

And for the person who said, "Did you see those mug shots? They are criminals!" A mug shot does not determine who is a criminal. I looked at those mug shots, I even looked Debra LeFave twice... cause to be honest if I was 17 I'd be all over her, just like I would now at 37 lol

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 02:38 AM
link   
I absolutely believe this...

It is okay to have sex with anyone as long as they want to have sex with you..
...regardless of anything.

If you're cheating on someone, you deal with the consequences.
If you're paying someone, you deal with the consequences.
If there is a difference in age...same applies.

If I have any filter at all it would be against a suave older
man seducing a young naive girl.

But still IF BOTH are willing partners...I say no foul.

Edit to add: my girlfriend's mom took my virginity. It was among my least
enjoyable encounters...but it still beat the heck out of cutting the grass....

[edit on 26-7-2010 by rival]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 03:00 AM
link   
I personally think for a "victim" to be identified in these cases, a psychology reports needs to be done. If it is found someone has been victimized, then proceed with prosecution.

No victim = victimless crime.

Victimless crimes are a waste of resources.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Boys want to have sex = the excuse some use around here.

From what I remember of being young, girls want to have sex also. So do those who defend the female teachers, would you do the same for a male teacher who did this to a young female student?

edited to say ... And don't go on about 21 and 18 year olds. Look at many of those cases. The boys are from 13 to 15 years old.

[edit on 26-7-2010 by AHostileMe]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

Skimming through some of these stories I saw a very clear pattern..

Women, often in their late 20's and 30's, raping 12-15 year old boys were receiving no jail time to the highest I saw 6 years...

If a 30 year old male had sex with a 13 year old girl.. he'd spend the next 50 years in jail.

I fail to see why women are not getting harsher jail times?

Women on average receive a 1,500% reduction for same crime/rap sheet. Gender is actually the largest discriminatory factor in sentencing. Blame feminist governance.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 03:08 AM
link   
I work in the high schools, and I have seen a lot of behaviors. The teachers who are sexy get a whole lot of respect from male and even female students. I sure got angry being an assistant in some classes where the ladies went out of their way to be sexually attractive to the boys. It is a very thin line. But it made them easier to manage. High school now is about managing, not about teaching, not with the mindset of today's kids.
Men with a force of personality, strong men, got the same respect, but those teachers were few.
None of the teachers I worked with would cross that line, in my opinion, but they danced on it.
I wish kids had decent genuine respect for their elders, teachers, or something besides sexual attractiveness; it is a cultural perversion that has gained legitimacy and to fix it we have to revamp teaching and media for the very young.
love.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Ser Plum

Damn! makes me want to go back to school.
My boy is a lucky kid

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Wow!

People are saying that if it was done with 'consent' then its all okay???

Imagine the impact on a child's social life? Imagine how it might change the child's development? Technically people are saying it's okay to molest children?!

Picture yourself one day sitting with your son to find out that the same teacher thats been marking the boy's maths home work has also been sleeping with him!

This is more than just two people having sex - this will change your child's ENTIRE out look on life. They will think its professionally normal to do these kinds of things! They may interpret that its okay to have sex with under age people! They may find relationships difficult after their first partner was their school teacher. Their entire views on sex will be influenced by this one lady you left your son with to teach mathematics. A teacher who is taking advantage of your son's hyper sexed predicament for their own benefit.

All joking aside, think about what you're saying! 13 year olds sometimes have sex. They are not ready to have children. Letting them run around and go nuts is not the smart choice. It's not up to some school teacher to undermine parenting by sleeping with your child.

Sorry for the rant but I'm just surprised. I'm no expert on this subject but as far as I know there are a great many negative effects such an experience can have on a child regardless of desire or gender.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 03:32 AM
link   

what you call criminal i call heros

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join