It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Afghanistan war logs: Massive leak of secret files exposes truth of occupation- WIKILEAKS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   

A huge cache of secret US military files today provides a devastating portrait of the failing war in Afghanistan, revealing how coalition forces have killed hundreds of civilians in unreported incidents, Taliban attacks have soared and Nato commanders fear neighbouring Pakistan and Iran are fuelling the insurgency.

The disclosures come from more than 90,000 records of incidents and intelligence reports about the conflict obtained by the whistleblowers' website Wikileaks in one of the biggest leaks in US military history. The files, which were made available to the Guardian, the New York Times and the German weekly Der Spiegel, give a blow-by-blow account of the fighting over the last six years, which has so far cost the lives of more than 320 British and over 1,000 US troops.

Is this the cable of leaks that Assange had been on the run for? Did he finally leak them? If so... this really puts a light on what is going on behind the scenes...

LINK HERE:
www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
You can download all of the logs here:
www.guardian.co.uk...

Here's another article pertaining to this:
Afghanistan war logs: Ex-spymaster alleged to be planning suicide attack

www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by bestideayet
You can download all of the logs here:
www.guardian.co.uk...

Here's another article pertaining to this:
Afghanistan war logs: Ex-spymaster alleged to be planning suicide attack

www.guardian.co.uk...

Cheers for that, data downloaded.... Cant open it though as my microcrap office program cant handle the data so will search a newprogram after work to open it up!!!!!

Let the truth be revealed.....

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Wow, very interesting. I saw that wikileaks was back in business again, in an article the other day, I didn't expect something so big, so soon.

Also of interest, is the fact of the Guardian, Spiegal, and NYT taking these documents, rather than the normal publication on wikileaks. This implies to me that Assanges "Auction model" may have been at play here this time, something he was keen to get going.

I guess he won't be going back the to USA any time soon, those people from the Pentagon who wanted to "talk" to him must be on super triple overtime now!

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Master Shen long

If you mean the XLS linked here;

image.guardian.co.uk...

Then I opened it up in OpenOffice3 with no problem. It's not the full data, just 300+ incidents that the Guardian consider key.

You can get OpenOffice for free from here, it's Open Source software:

www.openoffice.org...

There are full downloads for all the data, in a few formats, at the WikiLeaks website too:

www....__._/wiki/Afghan_War_Diary,_2004-2010

[edit on 25/7/2010 by harpsounds]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by harpsounds

Thanks for the software download link.... Saves my searching and guttering up my system with adware......

Im unable to view wikileaks due to the great firewall so this link from the Guardianrealy is a blessing (not for the US though)!!!

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
wikileaks back in action? its about time, im tired of everyone wondering if they are a cia front. Of course it remains to be seen but at least there is something going on, not like it will make any American get off their ass. There could be proof of something really crazy like the whole reptilian overlord theory and I swear nobody would care. And by the time they do care, its gonna be too late. They got too comfortable, gave too much trust. And now everyone is stupid, out of shape and completely dependant on the gov... People don`t know how to live, they wait for a talking box to tell them how. I swear, if tv got cut off, chaos & anarchy would ensue. Its like a drug, you need to gradually take yourself off of it and gradually learn to think for yourself again. Then once you have "woken up" or become slightly more "illuminated", there`s no turning back. Then tv dont phase you because you are a little more aware of what you are seeing, but then of course theres subliminals & other mind tricks but I still don`t think they affect you when you are "illuminated" enough and are in full control of your mind at all times.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
These are not the cables that the pentagon worker was talking about. Those cables were supposedly diplomatic cables from virtually every embassy of the US and their respective communications. It would show all the backroom dealings that take place to pass legislation and all sorts of other favors that the public would most likely cringe at.

top topics

join