It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Venezuela head threatens US oil cut over Colombia row

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Venezuela head threatens US oil cut over Colombia row

www.bbc.co.uk

President Hugo Chavez of Venezuela has threatened to halt oil exports to the US if his country is attacked by Colombia - a close US ally.

The threat comes amid an escalating dispute over allegations that Venezuela is harbouring Colombian rebels.

Mr Chavez broke diplomatic ties with Colombia last week and put his army on high alert.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Chavez has threatened to cut all Venezuelan oil supplies to the US if they let/promote a foreign attack on Venezuela.

"If there was any attack on Venezuela from Colombian territory or from anywhere else, promoted by the Yankee empire, we would suspend oil shipments to the US, even if we have to eat stones," he said.

"We would not send one more drop to US refineries".

I think Chavez is being backed into a corner here.

"I leave office with the sadness that these terrorists still have the capacity to inflict damage from outside the country", he said.
- Colombian president Alvaro Uribe.

It seems like the same premise for starting a war is being used here as well, this time by a US-ally and not the US themselves.

"They're harboring terrorists, lets get 'em!"

His decision to give US forces access to military bases inside Colombia has been another cause of concern for Venezuela.

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 25-7-2010 by TheSam]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 03:00 AM
link   
I would think Chavez would look south to Brazil, they have been beefing up their military spending these last few years. And are major competitors of Venezuela in the regional and global energy market.

Chavez is scared because he is losing control of Venezuela and is writing bogus checks.

[edit on 26-7-2010 by darathor]

join