It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Afghanistan war logs: Massive leak of secret files exposes truth of occupation

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by faceoff85
well when wikileaks founder did that interview he told that wikileaks would show increasingly more over time with a climax end of this year. So I believe we are still just in the "prologue" phase of their plan... al the intel coming out will become more and more controversial as time goes by..

I hope the waiting is to confirm the information or sort through it so its not unintelligable to the public, and not just to keep interest in wikileaks for the long-term.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   
This is why we can't have good things, because if we get something good we want something perfect, to each of our own.

Even if Wikileaks is only buying time to save their own skins, I could care less. Our team seems to be riding on it's hub caps half of the time in comparison to the TPTB.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by spy66
reply to post by pavil

What right do we have to go and kill the Taliban?

Can you mention one law that gives us the right kill them?

We are at war with the Taliban. They are now considered insurgents or guerilla's. We don't have the right to just kill them if they surrender, under international law, they must be accorded the treatment of a P.O.W.

As for innocent civilians being killed, it is unfortunate and sad. However, if me and my buddy went to afghanistan to fight a war and we knew the insurgents like to strap bombs to their chest and sacrifice themselves, i too would be weary of incoming civilians and would do my best to deter them from me. If it was obvious they were not armed maybe i would let them through....but they could still kill me if someone wired a bomb in his stomach and set it off remotely.

Thats the kind of evil crap you got to deal with in war, soldiers dont wanna die and they know their enemies tactics. More should be done to ensure the soldiers have less contact with civilians to avoid this kind of thing. The people at the top of the military are more to blame in this then anything IMO.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   
double post

[edit on 25-7-2010 by EspyderMan]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
As has been pointed out before, these are only Ground Reports based on rumours, here-say and general talk from people on the ground.

What I would like to see is what the generals and there bosses see.

Now that would be the ultimate coup by Wikileaks.

Yes Wikileaks does a great job but still waiting on something great to read.

[edit on 25-7-2010 by greenfruit]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Peruvianmonk

2 thumbs up for wikileaks

in regards to the US government statement that these leaks could endanger live of the US servicemen and the NATO troops, I only want to say:

THANK GOD, that these leaks came out. For sure NATO troops will be more careful with what they are doing over there, and thus saving more lives of civilians. Who knows? Maybe the repercussions of these leaks, will force the NATO and US to get out of Afghanistan even faster, thus saving even more lives!

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by greenfruit
As has been pointed out before, these are only Ground Reports based on rumours, here-say and general talk from people on the ground.

What I would like to see is what the generals and there bosses see.

Yes Wikileaks does a great job but still waiting on something great to read.

[edit on 25-7-2010 by greenfruit]

www.earthtimes.org...
It said that US ally Pakistan, which receives more than 1 billion dollars a year from Washington, would allow its spy service to collaborate with the Taliban and meet them in secret "to organize networks of militant groups that fight against American soldiers in Afghanistan."

I believe that warrants a great read. We are supporting "the enemy" Taliban via our tax dollars that are sent off to Pakistan.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Just started reading this porst and I don't think anyone understands how the COK (Capture or Kill) list is applied or how they go about hitting these targets. The COK list is signed of by the President, Sec at DOD, Dirt CIA, gang of 8 in Congress. In target and anyone on the COK if you are a field CO you go through a number of checks that determines the identity, then through JAG officers to make sure it is legal, then through a target mitigation process to reduce collaterial damage, then final approval. From exprience I would say that less than 1 in 7 targets are hit due to known collateral damage.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   
In Regards to Capture Or Kill List, who can guarantee that this only applies in Afghanistan? It leads me to think that these guys who ordered this, have a total disregard of human live and rights and apply commandos like these anywhere in the world, as long they think it is justified.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by nagabonar

Yeah sorry bud but there are those that wish to kill us on a global scale. Should they just be ignored.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   
And before anyone wants to bring political parties into this, it has been applied in both Republican and Democrat admins and congress's alike.

[edit on 26-7-2010 by Birddog26]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   
The time has come, the moment is in the NOW, heartbeat to heartbeat, my guitar and brutal truths I know my paths end and been tossed back unto the Earth when I wish to go home. The Earth must now stand united in opposing this senseless brutality of civil, tribal, religious, but most powerful of all, profitable enterprise mission called warfare. It's HEART has skipped a beat backward to that September Day in 2001 when the three dominoes fell as planned and the stock trading and financial wealth in a digitized monetary monarchy multiplied and morphed the media into a continued "tale" of masticating mindless mush for a "this atmosphere" society afraid to confront the brutal true science that racism might be genetic generally much less confront xenophobia where we might have been the Martians. So we muddle the masses with mindless media mush while the digitized monetary monarchies continue to try and control the future with merciless mass brute force to enforce some sense of "freedom" for organized subjugation. When a persons hours of life are necessitated to be enslaved at a labor not which is pleasant, nor is even safe for life or limb, then one is a slave. A part of systems within systems which keep the world afloat atop this "Consensus Reality" that it's VERY foundation is based on lies NOT the Bedrock that the 3 Dominoes were built Soundly and Sturdily upon by PROFESSIONAL Engineers Designed by Professional Architects and the backs of thousands upon thousands of proud Americans and most prominently and should NEVER forget the Native Americans who we still have yet to come to PEACE and SOVERIEGNTY with since we STOLE this land with the massive brute force we are now using in Afghanistan. For all the same reasons and monetary monarchies. That's because it has become more profitable to punish the population than to have a governance based on brutal truths. One thing about truths and facts, they remain true no matter how one tries to question the questioner.

You stand naked before the universe to bleed or heal.

Bob
commonsensecentral.blogspot.com...

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Big Trouble in Little Chi

Pakistan gets billions in aid to help the US prosecute a war. If the war ends, no aid. Of course then, they have a vested interest in keeping it going for as long as possible. So they play both sides and drag it out as long as they can. War has become their cash cow.

War is an extension of politics by other means-- General Smedley Butler, USMC.

Comm

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   
I have been trying to print articles on WikiLeaks info from
Guardian, Jew York Times but articles will not print. Nothing
wrong with printer. Has anyone tried to print WikiLeaks
great reporting from redirected links?

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by EspyderMan

Originally posted by spy66
reply to post by pavil

What right do we have to go and kill the Taliban?

Can you mention one law that gives us the right kill them?

We are at war with the Taliban. They are now considered insurgents or guerilla's. We don't have the right to just kill them if they surrender, under international law, they must be accorded the treatment of a P.O.W.

As for innocent civilians being killed, it is unfortunate and sad. However, if me and my buddy went to afghanistan to fight a war and we knew the insurgents like to strap bombs to their chest and sacrifice themselves, i too would be weary of incoming civilians and would do my best to deter them from me. If it was obvious they were not armed maybe i would let them through....but they could still kill me if someone wired a bomb in his stomach and set it off remotely.

Thats the kind of evil crap you got to deal with in war, soldiers dont wanna die and they know their enemies tactics. More should be done to ensure the soldiers have less contact with civilians to avoid this kind of thing. The people at the top of the military are more to blame in this then anything IMO.

A question to all Americans. How did you all take this news when it came out 6 month ago?

Dated 04.02. 2010 Congressional hearing.

Today in a congressional hearing, Director of National Intelligence Dennis Blair acknowledged that the U.S. may, with executive approval, deliberately target and kill U.S. citizens who are suspected of being involved in terrorism.

The story raises serious legal questions. It is one thing to kill an American in the course of a terrorist act or to prevent an imminent attack. It is quite another thing to kill someone suspected of terrorism without a trial. That would amount to the assassination of a citizen.

Did you know that any American can be accused without trial?

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   
The cynic in me says wikileaks sit on this info for as long as they can, drumming up interest and hype before selling the information on to Newspaper.

Its great the leaks are coming out, but its a shame that even this 'freedom act' of wikileaks evolves around money. I doubt the whistleblowers see any of it.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Chriswok

I am not sure they sell their stories to newspapers. However, if they did I have no problem with it. Profit made for good purposes in the name of truth, is better than profits made for bad purposes in the name of a lie.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by RUDDD49
• How the coalition is increasingly using deadly Reaper drones to hunt and kill Taliban targets by remote control from a base in Nevada.

Groom Lake?

no, Nellis Air Force Base

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

thank you for your statement
lets not look at why wikileaks shared this story
lets look at who has been hiding this story

well said

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

Yeah, I guess. Just seems odd he's been going on about this leak for months now, and its basically stuff that we already knew/in part had already been 'leaked'.

Truth is, at least from the conversations I've had on the internet (so take that for what its worth as we all know what type of people are on the internet!), no one really cares about the war. I'm not sure this leak will change that opinion. Someone mentioned earlier about people being desensitised towards death and moral wrongs, which sums up the apathy well.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join