It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Afghanistan war logs: Massive leak of secret files exposes truth of occupation

page: 22
<< 19  20  21   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

Ok, you've made it quite clear where you stand on this subject. If things go according to plan, you'll have plenty of chances to get your thrills firing your rifle or heavy artillery at people like me when martial law is declared. You can then spout off about how you're protecting my freedom just before you finish me off with your preferred choice of handgun or knife. Make sure you remind me that because I never served in action that I had no right to complain about the crimes that my government was committing using people like you.

As you're obviously set in your ways and I'm not a miracle-worker, I'll leave you to your life and opinions. Until we meet on the real battlefield!

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnJasper

Is this the martial law that Obama is going to declare, or the martial law that Bush was suppose to be declaring for his entire term in office?? I'm confused since it's been brought up just about once a freakin' week on ATS. I'm hoping they declare it soon just to shut everyone up.

Here's some US casualities for everyone to look at:

afghanistan.blogs.cnn.com...

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

While the Wikileaks messages are primarily just embarassing things that various people did not want to get into the hands of the general public, not all of them are in that category. The publishers at Wikileaks have shown they have no regard for sensitive, classified information. Such information by definition is information which the unauthorized disclosure of could cause potentially great harm to our country.
Rather than applaud their actions, partiotic Americans should condemn them. Rather than celebrating them as heroes, Americans should be villifying them as villians.
There is no right of citizens at large to know exactly how our countries are executing their policies, or the methods and techniques they employ to that end. Our only right is to know they are doing those things in our interests and that they are not employing illegal techniques or using morally wrong methodologies. We have elected representatives to oversee their actions and control their budgets and we can and should demand that they do so.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Astronomer70
reply to post by wcitizen

... Our only right is to know they are doing those things in our interests and that they are not employing illegal techniques or using morally wrong methodologies. We have elected representatives to oversee their actions and control their budgets and we can and should demand that they do so.

Sort of like when American citizens demanded that our politicians not take us into war in Iraq or when they elected a new president who promised Change from the reprehensible policies of George Dubya but instead got George Dubya with a brain.

The WikiLeaks release might not be the perfect way to go about stopping US warmongering but it seems to be the only tool with any teeth at our disposal at the moment. Trusting our government is no longer an option since the 9/11 "false flag attack" and the numerous wars/invasions justified by it.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Short of an outright revolution, our options are pretty much limited to voting in a new batch of representatives. I take it you did not approve of Bush and don't much like Obama either.. If so, I agree with you. However, the American electorate chose those people freely--I.e., they were not coerced into electing them. What you are really on about is the generally deplorable political discrimination of our citizens, and again, I agree with you strongly. It would seem that if all we do is vote then we end up with representatives that could not pour piss out of a boot--with directions on the heel. That sad state of affairs would seem to indicate we must get more involved with politics than we have in the past. I suppose one way to say that is that we are going to have to educate the electorate so they can make better choices. Not up for that--well then we'll just have to live with the current system, for as Robert A Heinlein wrote (as well as many others), the average person will only vote for two things. Bread and Circuses.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Just heard on the BBc that 7 afghanistanies were shot dead for having a threatening posture, WTF,

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
It seems the 7 were killed by a NATO led air strike, i think we know who is doing the air strikes, so heres the warning for all of you with bad posture, GO HIDE.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Apparently they were working on a building site, according to the loacals, watch he,s got a shovel

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21   >>

join