It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Afghanistan war logs: Massive leak of secret files exposes truth of occupation

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by pavil

What right do we have to go and kill the Taliban?

Can you mention one law that gives us the right kill them?

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
The link between the ISI and the Taliban is pretty much an open secret. Still this makes for interesting reading.

The reports suggest, however, the Pakistani military has acted as both ally and enemy, as its spy agency runs what American officials have long suspected is a double game — appeasing certain American demands for cooperation while angling to exert influence in Afghanistan through many of the same insurgent networks that the Americans are fighting to eliminate.

This intelligence report details a meeting between a Pakistani General and members of the Taliban.

www.nytimes.com...

ON 5 JANUARY 2009, FROM 2100 TO 2300 HOURS LOCAL TIME, AAF COMMANDERS ((NAZIR)), ((HALLIMULLAH)), ((MALANG)) BASED IN WANA, SOUTH WAZIRISTAN AGENCY (SWA), FEDERALLY ADMINISTERED TRIBAL AREAS (FATA), PAKISTAN, HELD A MEETING TO DISCUSS THEIR PLANS TO AVENGE THE DEATH OF ZAMARAI. THE MEETING WAS CONDUCTED AT THE RESIDENCE OF ——— ————— IN WANA. ALSO IN ATTENDANCE WERE THREE UNIDENTIFIED OLDER ARAB MALES, WHO WERE CONSIDERED IMPORTANT.

(SOURCE COMMENT: THE ARABS WERE BELIEVED TO BE IMPORTANT BECAUSE THEY HAD A LARGE SECURITY CONTINGENT WITH THEM.) AT LEAST ONE OF THE THREE UNIDENTIFIED ARABS IN ATTENDANCE WAS PROFICIENT IN THE PASHTUN LANGUAGE AND THE ARABS WERE ACCOMPANIED BY APPROXIMATELY 20 ARAB BODYGUARDS. ((HAMID GUL)), A FORMER MEMBER OF PAKISTAN'S INTER-SERVICES INTELLIGENCE (ISI), WAS IN ATTENDANCE AT THE MEETING ALSO. HAMID GUL WAS DESCRIBED AS BEING AN OLDER MAN AND A VERY IMPORTANT PERSON FROM ISI. (COMMENT: HAMID GUL WAS DIRECTOR GENERAL OF ISI FROM 1987-1989 AND, ACCORDING TO ISI, HAS NOT BEEN AN OFFICIAL WITH ISI SINCE THAT TIME.

IT WAS NOT KNOWN WHETHER HAMID GUL WAS ACTING WITH THE KNOWLEDGE OR CONSENT OF ISI, OR WHETHER ANY PORTIONS OF ISI WERE AWARE OF HIS ACTIVITIES.)

www.nytimes.com.../78523FD0-2219-0B3F-9FF02E00B6A2578A

[edit on 25-7-2010 by Peruvianmonk]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Incredible! they released it through 3 main news-outlets in the world simultaneously!

And all the raw-data is available for download at Wikileaks as well!

This is going to take weeks for me to read through!

Thanks PeruvianMonk for letting us know! S&F

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Oh come on, why don't you get to the part where covert US forces and "contractors" have seized and now control Afghan opium production.

Oh wait, you didn't want do go there, did you?

+7 more 
posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Oh, I get it. Just enough leaked so that the Obama administration can blame it all on Bush....

In a statement, the White House said the chaotic picture painted by the logs was the result of "under-resourcing" under Obama's predecessor, saying: "It is important to note that the time period reflected in the documents is January 2004 to December 2009."

You see, the really good stuff isn't in these logs, because this is all a controlled leak. Designed to demonize the Bush administration and make Obama look like he is handling the war much better.

It's all crap!

A political ploy aimed directly at the former administration and at republicans in particular.

Meanwhile, the opium trade in booming, and it isn't coincidence.

I wonder, Is Assange taking orders directly from the white house now?

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by pavil
I'm confused.....were supposed to arrest and try the Taliban as we fight them in a war? Personally I just prefer we kill them in engagements.......we are still allowed to fight them aren't we??? Just want to make sure it's acceptable to fire at them.

I also see no problem in killing Taliban with Drones so we don't have to risk coalition troops.

What about the hundreds of civilian casualties at the hands of the Drones?

[edit on 25-7-2010 by hippomchippo]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
Oh come on, why don't you get to the part where covert US forces and "contractors" have seized and now control Afghan opium production.

Do you have any documents that could show that?
Oh wait, it's probably harder to get documents that show the U.S involved in opium trades, Oh, and it's probably alot more compartmentalized in the higher levels of secrecy.

I thought that would be obvious, it's probably alot easier to get documents that show killings of civilians than the real juicy stuff.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   

We have delayed the release of some 15,000 reports from the total archive as part of a harm minimization process demanded by our source. After further review, these reports will be released, with occasional redactions, and eventually, in full, as the security situation in Afghanistan permits.

from wikileaks- So 15,000 reports of incidents are bad enough to warrant censorship... I wonder what the true face of the Illuminati-Afghan war is.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Isnt the KML file format a google earth file format?

Can these docs be loaded into Google Earth? If so, lol.. how?

oh, and by the way America - WATCH YOUR BACKS!

I can guarantee things are going to heat up quickly from the government''s side on this release, you can bet your bottom dollar on that!

Watch for movements in your areas, and report them here!

[edit on 7/25/2010 by Megiddodiddo]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Peruvianmonk

go wikileaks this will change the hearts and minds of the people paying taxes to finance both sides of the war

s+f op

well done wikileaks

man i love ATS

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by hippomchippo

I have reason to believe that Assange has it, along with photos, video and equally damning evidence of export and import operations as well as distribution inside the USA., an outline and evidence of the criminal alliances between the US military, CIA and other federal agencies etc... This would have been a major story... BUT?

I should say HAD it, obviously they don't now.

In my opinion of course.

There are 'other' ways.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
They just mentioned this leak from Wikileaks on CNN-International in Europe - they said more is coming! - they showed a segment of this a couple of minutes ago!

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Im sure you all readly know this, but the wikileaks site is now down. Not sure what that means except it looks like someone turned off the switch. If any body knows whats going on there please let us know.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by pavil

Civilian casualties are unavoidable in a war such as the one in Afghanistan. I know that sounds harsh, but its the reality of an insurgent/guerilla war. There is no way to 100% be sure you are getting only the bad guys when they mingle with the civilian population. We have been doing better at avoiding such mistakes, but they will happen from time to time.

'
Oh...gee...let's just take it to the next level now and say what Israel says...that they hide in homes where kids are and that they're using them as human shields and that it's really THEIR fault these civilians are getting killed not ours.

And make up your mind. Is it an insurgent war or a guerilla war? Lets see your stats and facts and even your theories as to who's who. Pffft.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockstrongo37

Needs to be down, it is now wasted server space, in my opinion.

Lives were at stake here.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by hippomchippo

Do you have any documents that could show that?
Oh wait, it's probably harder to get documents that show the U.S involved in opium trades, Oh, and it's probably alot more compartmentalized in the higher levels of secrecy.

I thought that would be obvious, it's probably alot easier to get documents that show killings of civilians than the real juicy stuff.

How about the fact that Taliban outlawed opium in 2001 in afghanistan, and there is more grown opium in the country than ever before..

"Last year(2004) 80% of the world's opium came from Afghanistan and production is up over 239% since 2003, according to U.S. government estimates. Afghanistan is the world's largest producer of illegal drugs"!
en.wikinews.org...

Talking about getting The Facts that the military or other gov is involved in that buisness is proberly close to impossible.(unless wikileaks has something on that to i guess)
But it shouldent be that hard to figure out..
Follow the money
And oh , who controls the airspace ?

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
So we have Obama siting at home nice a dry and some low ranking offical in the army facing treason charges over these documents.

seem to me that the world is upside down but still if the americans don't mind throwing away tax $$$$ then that up to them.

Iran will have people working day and night to dig over this information and they are bound to connect the dots we ourselves are unable to join

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   

reply to post by Rockstrongo37

Needs to be down, it is now wasted server space, in my opinion.

Lives were at stake here.

Too bad that the cat is out of the bag already then - and there are more servers to download from - and Julian Assange said that more than the already available material is coming soon!

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
And make up your mind. Is it an insurgent war or a guerilla war? Lets see your stats and facts and even your theories as to who's who. Pffft.

"Insurgent" is a synonym of "guerilla".

Anyways, back to the thread!

Holy Jeebus! Coalition special operations soldiers taking part in special operations missions to target opposition leadership? Sorry, I missed where this is considered some sort of crime.

Seriously, a lot of the stuff they're "interpreting" as earth-shaking contradictions to the official line aren't really. They're taking initial reports of things like heat-seeking SAMs as being gospel truth, and ignoring the later reports ruling that out from forensics.

If you had the opportunity to go digging through the SIPR archive from Iraq, you'd find a lot of the same stuff. The raw reports and initial analysis products aren't worth that much, and often contradict later work.

I hope they nail that dumbass SPC to a wall, somewhere, and use him for target practice. Idiot

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   

external linky
www.guardian.co.uk...

A stream of US military intelligence reports accuse Pakistan's Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) spy agency of arming, training and financing the Taliban insurgency since 2004, the war logs reveal, bringing fresh scrutiny on one of the war's most contentious issues.

At least 180 files contain allegations of dirty tricks by the powerful agency with accounts of undercover agents training suicide bombers, bundles of money slipping across the border and covert support for a range of sensational plots including the assassination of President Hamid Karzai, attacks on Nato warplanes and even poisoning western troops' beer supply.

what does tax paying america say about their tax dollars funding both sides of a never ending war that a few benifit from?

1 billion to pakistan to train insurgents to kill your own

TREASON is what it is

the hearts and minds of the people will end this war of profit

profit for the few that profit of war carlile group ect
xploders veiw of the world
the people of the usa are being duped into an unwinable war where there dollars are paying for the bullets that are killing your boys

where is your outrage?

go wiki huagh

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join