It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Synchronicity Thread ~ Post your's here

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Great to hear, two more people who have had experiences with these "glitches" or syncs.

More and more it is proving to me that the external is just a mirror of the internal. Like our external perceptions are just some kind of virtual reality that is intimetly tied to our state of mind. The more I focus something, the more I see it reflected in the external world.

I just started a thread about how this life could all just be a dream.

We create our own reality, so enjoy your creation!

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Synchronicity can be just a little too eerie sometimes.

Also, those thinking on it might want to consider the so-called Baader Meinhof Phenomenon, which is interesting in its own right.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I recently gave up my house of many years and moved in with a friend. It's not the ideal situation and I've been thinking about a new home. One thing I'm playing with is using some of the principles of the law of attraction and similar such things because I know I can't afford a house at this time.

While meditating on things Friday night images of crows and Native Americans crept into my thoughts and I had the feeling the Saturday something was likely to happen.

Saturday, I was driving taxi all day and throughout the day three different times I saw a crow within 30 yards cawing at me, enough that it got my attention.

Near the end of the day I got a call to go to a local agency that helps people in need. I picked up an older lady, in a wheel chair and a younger lady. They somehow got stranded in town with no money or transportation. The agency gave them a voucher for cab fare to the bus station and another for their bus fare home.

They complained the whole time. The man that gave them the vouchers was rude and didn't help them with food. Non of their family would help them because they were fighting about one thing or another. Just generally some of the most negative people I've ever met.

I got them to the station and while waiting a young Native American guy rode up on a bike and started talking to me. The young lady came back out and said there were no buses until the next day. She was upset and didn't know what to do and I was at a loss as to how to help them or even if I wanted to after the way they behaved.

The young guy said "tell you what, I've got $200 I'll get you a room for the night". She started to say they had no food and he interrupted and said "I'll buy you dinner". He then launched into a short sermon on how negative they were and how their negativity was like a ball and chain around their ankle dragging them down.

This whole event fulfilled the wishes I had been expressing although on a smaller scale and in someone else life. At the same time it pointed out to me my own negative thoughts. As I said at the beginning of the post "I know I can't afford a house at this time".

To top it off, that was the only time I've had to go to that bus stop, but had to go there again today. On the way there, several miles from the stop, the car in front of me had to stop for a bike crossing the street....the same guy from the day before.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by villagesmithie

Very cool story, thought this would help.

Crow Medicines and Legends of the New World Some American Indian tribes believed Crow was the keeper of the sacred law and could shape-shift. He protected the sacred writings of Great Spirit. Crow is an omen of transformation. The bird has been associated with the Ghost Dance movement of 1890. Crow has no sense of time and lives in the Void, having the ability to the past, present and future at the same time. The Alaskan Athapaskan tribe believed crow created the world. Crow is considered to be the entrance to the supernatural and is associated with illusion. Along with Coyote and Raven, Crow is considered trickster. According to the Alaskan Tanaina Tribe, Chuylen, Crow, can shape-shift into a young handsome man. In this shape, he can trick people into getting what he desires. When he is in the shape of a crow, he does the same to animals.

Source

Sounds like you experienced some of the Baader phenom the above poster was talking about when you had to go back to the same bus stop the next day.

[edit on 16-8-2010 by bringthelight]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by schizophrenia

That books has really opened the synchronicity flood gates for me. I see synchronicity everywhere. It gives me such an amazing feeling, like I am connected to something so much greater than everyday existance. Keep reading and look for it when your not, life will get really interesting.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Well does this count? It freaked me out.

I was on FB chatting with my bf's dad and we had just said good bye. A few mins later I started to get the smell of bacon and eggs for some reason well when I went back to my FB page my bf's dad told me he almost burned his eggs! So I get the smell of eggs and bacon and my bf's dad tells me he almost burned his...strange indeed...

I have things like this happen often, and lately it's been revolving around my bf whether it be his family or things directed towards him. It's honestly starting to make wonder what the heck it all means. I have had this before but nothing like i have lately and it never settles on one person.

Any ideas?

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

When you become connected to someone on a deep level, some strange things start to happen. More often than not, I will get a funny feeling right before my gf calls me. I recognize it now and can predict her calls.

We are all connected on levels we can't yet comprehend, and you begin to feel that connection in different ways with people you love or spend a lot if time with. Usually empathetic people have the most success with these types of things. They are used to feeling into other people and when you can feel or tune into others, picking up a whiff of their smell sense is not unheard of.

I bet when someone around you is upset, you begin to feel the same way and can understand exactly where they are coming from.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by bringthelight

Thanks for that response. I hadn't even been thinking about the symbolism of the crow, but it connects very well for me. So you just add another level to this experience for me.

The feeling or image in my mind that I get from these experiences is of threads. When you really follow all the connections from these events it can be amazing where they lead. It reminds my of the mythologies of the the fates and the fabric of destiny. Which may well be where the ideas for them originated.

Thanks again, now I need to go do some research on crow/raven symbolism.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by bringthelight

When you become connected to someone on a deep level, some strange things start to happen. More often than not, I will get a funny feeling right before my gf calls me. I recognize it now and can predict her calls.

Let me tell you the strange things or signs or whatever they are, are really starting to make me think I am going nuts.
I don't know what any of it means if anything but this time it's like something is yelling at me but what I don't know...

We are all connected on levels we can't yet comprehend, and you begin to feel that connection in different ways with people you love or spend a lot if time with. Usually empathetic people have the most success with these types of things. They are used to feeling into other people and when you can feel or tune into others, picking up a whiff of their smell sense is not unheard of.

I bet when someone around you is upset, you begin to feel the same way and can understand exactly where they are coming from.

I feel I am empathic and yes when I am around someone and they are upset or emotional I can sense it. I can always tell when someone isn't fine even when they say they are. I can sense it and it's overwhelming at times honestly. I have been told by people that I am a very good listener and that they trust opening up to me. I don't know if being empathic has anything to do with it.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I had a great synch today- so I was talking to a friend about some idea of mine about work/career.

Then when I returned home- and started doing some useless zapping- A show catches my eye. Funny thing is I almost never watch tv- but this - person was ranting about its life, & suddenly mentions that wants to do EXACT same thing I've been telling my friend about earlier. !?
Everyone agrees that is a msg for me..

[edit on 16/8/10 by plutoxgirl]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Sounds like you are an empath. There is a wealth of information online about empaths and the abilities they posess if they hone their skills.

7 Signs you are an empath

Also the book Frequency by Penny Pierce is a great book on how to hold your home frequency and use your abilities.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by plutoxgirl

Just another wink from the universe, congrats! I was talking to my gf in barnes and noble about resisting temptation and as i was thinking about that exact phrase in my head, the song that was paying in the background said "gotta resist temptation"

I just giggle when they happen now.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by bringthelight

Very interesting thread. Don't mean to steal your thunder bringthelight but I'd like to expand on this concept just a little bit. Try doing something to check and balance the Sync. Take your individual names and birthdays in the format
of day, month year, year month day and or any combinations thereof and see how many times you see parts and wholes thereof on any given day! Try looking at advertisements, signs, house numbers, (addresses) books, magazines, graffiti, clocks, license plates, radio, Tv, etc,. When you are ready for the next step, take memories, experiences, names of family and friends and do the same. Some of you will say oooh sh*t! Don't want to cause mass panic but this goes on 24/7 for some and it really isn't that funny after awhile anymore.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
OK, final chapter of the story...I think.

As I said in my last post I did a little research on crow/raven symbolism and it really struck a cord with me. Although I've never had much interest in totems or animal spirit guides, whatever term you want to use.

So I took a walk in the woods today and thought over the whole concept. As I'm walking back to my car I pass a family sitting on a bench. As I passed them their son of probable 3 or 4 years old looked at me with a big smile, flaps his arm and says "caw, caw, caw".

So, at least I know the direction I'm headed. Thanks again bringthelight for your guidance.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by bringthelight

Sounds like you are an empath. There is a wealth of information online about empaths and the abilities they posess if they hone their skills.

7 Signs you are an empath

Also the book Frequency by Penny Pierce is a great book on how to hold your home frequency and use your abilities.

Wow that is freaky. All but the healing part are true for me. I am looking the book up as I type this on Barnes and Noble.. Thanks!

edit to add...omg I have picked this book up a few times at the bookstore and put it down. I will definitely be getting it this week.

[edit on 8/16/2010 by mblahnikluver]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by villagesmithie

Wow. Now when that kid started "cawing" at you it must have taken alot not to freak out even just a little bit. When I get a big in your face sync like that I find myself looking around like where are the cameras. I feel like it's so directed at me someone has to be in on this, like a truman show vibe. How did it feel when a random kid started cawing at you?

It seems like you are getting some major pointers on which way to explore. Glad I could help.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   

It's all connected my friend

Frequency is a very cool book. Taught me and my gf who is an empath how to recognize when other peoples emotions and feelings are taking us over. Once you can feel it happen and you know what it is you can return to your "home frequency" and help people on a level that not many others can because you can directly relate to how they are feeling.

You have some amazing capabilities if used right my friend.

Enjoy the book!

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr. D

I am not 100% sure of what you mean with the name and number thing but I agree, once you open up to it you really start seeing it everywhere and it can be startling. It sounds like you are familiar with the feeling?

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
This whole synchronisity thing is amazing. It happens to me way too often. There are the times where I'm thinking of someone or something, and someway, somehow that particular thought becomes relevant to the moment. But what gets under my skin the most is the numbers aspect of it. It's like the same series of numbers have been following me for the last two years or so. Those numbers are; 69, 666, 1134. There have been moments where I've been sitting in the car at a light, with my head down thinking to myself that the next license plate I'll see is going to have "666" in it. And sure enough, I find just that. This phenomenon eventually got to the point where it was beginning to disturb me. I'd point it out to some people and they'd look at me as if I were a nut. One particular time that stood out to me the most was when I was playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2...I was just coming to the end of a round and I thought to myself "watch my score have one of or a combination of the numbers 69 or 666." And to my amazement when my round score popped up, it came out exactly "69696"!!! I felt such a terrible anxiety come over me, as if I were being mocked. And of course "11:34" shows up twice a day, and ironically I'll catch it here and there at least once or both times. What to make of all this? who knows...how do we cope with this? who knows...

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Mmmm. I’ve come to call them psychic slaps.

I’ve had and continue to have too many to mention here, but a few definitely stand out. My ‘special’ number seems to be 555 and I see it all the time in random places. Now, I usually keep the occurrences of noticing these things to myself, but one day I was driving along in the car and, for no particular reason, brought it up to my spouse who shrugged it off when suddenly a car went zooming by, but not before we noticed the license plate: HEY 555.

There have been other seemingly out-of-the-blue happenings that made me pause to wonder. Years ago there was a fellow I had known only socially through friends. This individual always struck me as unusually dignified, composed and humanitarian. Just plain interesting really, although I didn’t know him very well. Though I hadn’t seen or heard about him in many years, one night I had a dream about him out of the blue. It was odd because even when I did bump into him our encounters were simply social, and relatively infrequent. The very next morning while waiting for a connecting flight in Vancouver I was stunned to see him walk up out of nowhere to say hello just before he was boarding a flight. Bizarre! I couldn’t bring myself to admit to my dream, but I felt my stomach drop about three stories.

There have been other syncs, not so pleasant. One night, I had a feeling, a strong feeling about another individual. Again, out of nowhere. This was afriend of someone very dear to me although I didn’t know this individual well at all. That night, even though my car was sitting parked with a flat tire, I went so far as to have my sister (who incidentally thought I was nuts) drive across town to pick me up and then proceed to drive me all the way over to his house across the other side of the city. We sat in front of the house for a couple minutes at about ten-thirty at night. After debating for a few minutes about whether I should knock, I decided it would be preposterous to knock with no apparent ‘reason’ to be there. This was a decision I continue to regret. He was found hanged the next morning. I will never ignore a gut feeling like that again. These feelings do not come frequently, but when they do I heed them.

I never like to end on a sad note; more often than not there are many good things that happen, too. I do not consider myself “psychic” in any way, but I am of the opinion that humans are the one species that have instinct beaten and bred right out of them. Anytime the universe speaks to you in artful or inexplicable ways, you should pay attention.

[edit on 17-8-2010 by Auntie Matter]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join