It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WSJ UPDATE: Iran Says It Is Ready For Talks On Nuclear-Fuel Swap

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   

WSJ UPDATE: Iran Says It Is Ready For Talks On Nuclear-Fuel Swap

online.wsj.com

ISTANBUL (Dow Jones)--Iran said Sunday it is ready to start negotiations "immediately" with the major powers over a potential nuclear fuel swap and is sending a letter to the U.N.'s nuclear watchdog in Vienna regarding its terms for the deal.

Iran's foreign minister, Manouchehr Mottaki, was speaking after a lunch in Istanbul with his Turkish and Brazilian counterparts, who brokered the potential fuel-exchange deal in May. They also voted against a new round of sanctions on Iran at the United Nations Security Council in June.

"Tomorrow (Monday) the letter will be conveyed to the IA
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
(Insert sarcasm here)
Now Iran is ready to comply. That didn't take long. This is pretty much the same deal that was offered to Iran last year. After all of the threats by Iran, I wonder why they finally decided to comply with the swap deal. I don't think it was because of the sanctions. Now Iran will probably be off the MSM for a while until the next terrorist attack or "false flag"

online.wsj.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 7/25/2010 by SUICIDEHK45]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Dang, now that Iran is complying, who is going to be the next bad guy... Venezuela ? No Koweea ? We gotta have a FOE and now that our plan is sank, we are on the verge of assemble our new FOE of all that is good.

Anyways, I'm glad that Iran has gave in because that would have been Iraq times 1 hundred billion. We need a more easier target like mexico drug cartels or something.

Something so fox news has its ratings, and at the same time our national budget does not get 10 fold more into debt. Ya know??

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Errr...they agreed to do this in MAY and I believe have already swapped (2-3 weeks ago) with one country. I don't get why this is "news."

They were never NOT going to do this. Wow what a spin, WSJ.

www.csmonitor.com...

www.tehrantimes.com...

[edit on 7/25/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
More stonewalling and cat and mouse. Anything to buy time until Iran has its nuke. Question is, does the West fall for it?

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by wiredamerican

Have you been dropped on your head? They have given in 25-30 times. And each time they reneg. It is nothing more than a ploy to stall. They want fools like you to believe they are being the nice totalitarin Islamic society looking for nukes. Gimme a break.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I don't get it... why are you americans so obsessed to get new wars.
Are your daily lives so dull. Please give me break on this.

I on the other hand would love to see all would come back to normal without those idiotic threats of nuclear bombs etc etc.

Or am I a lone visionair in this?

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by wiredamerican
Dang, now that Iran is complying, who is going to be the next bad guy... Venezuela ? No Koweea ? We gotta have a FOE and now that our plan is sank, we are on the verge of assemble our new FOE of all that is good.

How about "domestic extremists" ? You know, like those kooky, crazy people who visit "conspiracy websites." Why, just look at the kind of things they read online; nobody who submerses themselves in all that madness can possibly be healthy, correct?

Citizen, why are you worried? If you've never posted on a "conspiracy site" you have nothing to worry about at all...

top topics

join