It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revelation; The Beast- 666

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknowsplusone

Sorry to hear that Cat died.
Only eight lives left- better take care of them.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by DISRAELI

No need to take care of those lives.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Thanks for another simplistic exoteric take on things. It cleanly ignores the esoteric undercurrents that weave throughout world religion and myth, including of course the Bible. As usual. But who knows, maybe in the end it will turn out that the myopic exoteric fundamentalist simpletons are right and all the esoteric mystic wise-men of the ages are wrong. I'm sure that would make you happy.
edit on 13-1-2011 by Student X because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Student X

You complained, once, because I suggested that your attitude towards the non-esoterics amongst us was contemptuous.
I rest my case- the description was valid.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   

I prefer to think of my words as a sharp rebuke of a foolish and stubborn brother. Underneath such an exchange is love.

edit on 13-1-2011 by Student X because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   

I prefer to think of "simpleton" as an expression of contempt.
You showed your colours a long time ago.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Your entire case now rests on your empathic perceptions of me! If you are wrong about your allegations of contempt, then your exegesis is wrong too.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Not so.
The statement that "you are contemptuous" is the case which is being rested on your expressions of contempt.
If I am wrong about your contempt, the only logical consequence is that I am wrong about your contempt.
You always were good at deliberately twisting logic.

edit on 13-1-2011 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Well then, in that case maybe you shouldn't worry so much about your knee-jerk empathic perceptions and go learn about the comparative way, my foolish stubborn brother. Start with comparative mythology. Mix in comparative religion and last but not least comparative mysticism. After a few years of hard study you might be ready to grok the meaning of the esoteric currents and fit them into your exegesis.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Not interested.
If you want to follow that course, go ahead and do it.
A few months later, you will probably be believing in something else.
A few months after that, in a fourth theory.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
There is now an Index, covering all these Revelation threads, at this location;

Index of Revelation threads

This thread is numbered as #27 in the "order of chapters" list and Biblical reference index.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   

It's not 666.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by IJUSTAM

The manuscript evidence is ambiguous, so you should not speak with such absolute certainty.
As I was remarking at the end of the OP, if the number is 616 it can still relate to Nero, who may therefore be seen as a model for the later Beast. I refer you to the relevant paragraphs.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Just to clarify;
Nothing in the OP is intended to suggest any particular prophetic significance in the year 2012 or the date 21/12/2012

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Wow DISRAELI, always excellent threads man! I enjoy them thoroughly.

If I may i would also like to throw my 2 cents into the purse.

FOX like the TV channel and clothing brand also equals 666:

abcdefghi
jklmnopqr
stuvwxyz

If you read downwards from column 6 - all three letters in this case is a 6.

The star (or root) of David (the sigil/symbol on the Israel flag): 6 sided hexagon, 6 little trangles and 6 large triangles. This also represents of course the hermaphrodite, the union of the male (upwards triangle) and the female (downwards triangle). The mingling of the sons of god with the daughters of men, etc...

The greek letter for 600 looks like an X, the 60 like an E and 6 like an S (SEX).

Carbon(12) consists of 6 nutrons, 6 electrons and 6 protons.

The www in www.abovetopsecret.com = vav vav vav= 666. IPv6 was launched on the 6th day of the 6th month (also the transit of venus).

But all of this is merely "interesting" and "amusing" and of course a lot of fun.

I would like to however try and explain a little from The Riley Family's perspective and this is the best I can do:
To the true Jewish faith Christianity is quite satanic in nature - and this includes all other faiths that Babalon have given birth to which includes Islam and protestants.
You see to the Jewish the Messiah has not arrived yet, which will make the the Jewish Messiah the Christian's antichrist and Islam's Dajjal and vice-versa.

All of this started with a guy named Saul of Tarsus who later was called the apostle Paul. The way I understand it is that Saul of Tarsus incorporated gnostic and pagan beliefs and "created" the "new covenant". This all goes very deep down a few rabbit holes but in short this was the birth of the Roman Catholic church where the Roman Ceaser was now named the Pope and is still a god. The Jesuit order which was the Roman Catholic's army grew out of this system and out of the Jesuit order Islam was founded (another rabbit hole) and also the Illuminati / masonic "religions", templars et al (another rabbit hole) and of course most probably the Protestant movement.

In the lower levels of the masonic religions the King James bible is placed on their altar the difference is that these brothers reads the ESOTERIC meaning of the bible and not like the laymen in an EXOTERIC manner. I heard in higher levels this bible is replaced with the Islamic Qur’an. To me it seems as if the Old Covenant (Torah), The New Covenant and the Qur'an are used as a Trinity of Wisdom and Knowledge for these guys. Obviously they are also big on the Zohar and Qabalah.

So this should show you why you and somebody like The Riley Family does not sit around the same fire. There are MAJOR and irreconcilable differences between what Christian and Hebrew / Jewish guy will believe and by DESIGN they are at loggerheads. If you think about it this differences will play very nicely into any doomsday scenario and the main players in this scenario will always be Israel, Briton / The new atlantis (USA), Russia and China.

Like I say this is just my 2 cents and just my attempt to explain a few things from my point of view.

edit on 3/7/2012 by Falcifer because: Aargh, spelling...

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Hey Disraeli

You wrote:

This is the only thread the anti-christ which I havent completely bashed - unfortunately it may be too complex for some of the people here...we get a new antichrist thread every week, so most people ignore them, however this is the only one I'd reccomend so far. "

UNQUOTE

I thought this thread was about the Beast whose 'number is the number of a son of man, and his number is 616 (some MSS read: 666) in Apoc. chapter 13.

I cannot find the word ANTICHRISTOS in any of the mangled texts (hand copies) of the 'Book of Revelation' from antiquity....

Why would you use that word (i.e. AntiChrist) and the Book of Revelation in the same sentence?

The anonymous writer of the 'Book of Revelation' (the Yohanon in question is an unknown personage) is NOT the same as the writer of the Epistles of 1 or 2 John (where the word "antichristos" does appear) - note that his ungrammatical (read: uneducated and faulty) Greek (not being a native Greek speaker) is completely different in the Book of Revelation (and his Theology too !) than the John the Elder person who penned the more literary epistles (a native Greek speaker).

So what exactly are you saying, precisely?

Not to bash you or anthing...just be careful about what you say on these threads.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sigismundus
Hey Disraeli

You wrote:

This is the only thread the anti-christ which I havent completely bashed - unfortunately it may be too complex for some of the people here...we get a new antichrist thread every week, so most people ignore them, however this is the only one I'd reccomend so far. "

UNQUOTE

No, I did not write anything of the kind. That quote comes from the response of a member called IntastellaBurst.
As a quotation from me, it makes no sense at all. Why on earth would I talk about "not bashing" my own thread?
Any criticisms of that quotation should be addressed to IntastellaBurst.

Why would you use that word (i.e. AntiChrist) and the Book of Revelation in the same sentence?

I don't. I refer to the Revelation personage as "the Beast" throughout.
As I've already observed, that quoted reference to the Antichrist came from somebody completely different.

So what exactly are you saying, precisely?

Not to bash you or anthing...just be careful about what you say on these threads.

You have fallen flat on your face, old son.
Your critique has misfired; you have attacked me on the basis of comments which were written by another member of ATS. This was either very careless or somewhat disingenuous.
In the circumstances,your advice about "be careful what you say" can be tossed right back at you

edit on 3-7-2012 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Falcifer
So this should show you why you and somebody like The Riley Family does not sit around the same fire.

I know, I've had dealings with the Riley Family before, possibly on this very thread.
Or are you giving me this explanation because you've already read that exchange between me and them? If so, top marks for assiduous reading.

PS. Oh, yes, there they are, on the first page (and several pages afterwards, if memory serves). I just didn't scroll down that far earlier this evening.
edit on 3-7-2012 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by DISRAELI
So then, one way or another, the worship of humanity.

And that, I suggest, is the central meaning of "666".
[edit on 25-7-2010 by DISRAELI]

You are getting great at this Disraeli!

666 is a numerical representation of the civilizations, religions, and customs of mankind's design apart from the ways of God in this age of mankind's self rule under the influence of Satan, and you are correct in that our system is in many ways akin to worship (love of money).

I am always impressed at your degree of research and how close your conclusions are to relavatory fact given to God's people at this time. Truely insipred research!

God Bless,

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ElohimJD

Thank you.
Have you seen the others in the series?
They're all indexed on the "Revelation- Project Complete" thread, which you can find on this page of the Predictions forum.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join