Revelation; The Beast- 666

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by hootieowl
regarding the numbers, since Revelation was written in Greek - should not that be our basis to work this conversion. If it matches in Hebrew or other fine but I think Greek, or possibly the name of this man as he spells it today.
[

I think this is a very important point, and one which people need to be considering.

antichristos against Christ greek word ANTI can mean substitute

I think ANTI meaning "in place of" is much more relevant than the sense "against", because it goes back to the comments of Jesus in Matthew ch24- "many will come saying [falsely] that they are Christ.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by DISRAELI
I think ANTI meaning "in place of" is much more relevant than the sense "against", because it goes back to the comments of Jesus in Matthew ch24- "many will come saying [falsely] that they are Christ.

good point, looking up Vicar - the 4th definition hits it

4. a person who acts in place of another; SUBSTITUTE.

Vicar of Christ ? Antichrist? 666? Peter the Roman (per St Malachy proph)?
The Black (Jesuit Pope)?

all right, where is numbers expert here - not my specialty by far!

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   

The Black (Jesuit Pope)?

There are people around who can find "666" in "Vicar of Christ" or some variant of it.
But. as you know from the OP, my opinion is that "666" can be found in so many places that they cancel each other out.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
You know maybe you're over analyzing it?

Anti-Christ comes on the 6th seal, 6th trumpet, 6th vial = his number 666.

That's all there is to it, and I don't think we can expect any name out of it.

Could it be Napoleon? No, it couldn't. The AC will sit on Mt. Zion and claim to be the Lord, Nappy never did such a thing.

You'll know when the anti-Christ is here, because if you're not dialed in to the Bible, you and the world will believe he is Christ.

Anti = instead of

He will be pretending to be Christ.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by xstealth

That's all there is to it, and I don't think we can expect any name out of it.

Could it be Napoleon? No, it couldn't. The AC will sit on Mt. Zion and claim to be the Lord, Nappy never did such a thing.
You'll know when the anti-Christ is here, because if you're not dialed in to the Bible, you and the world will believe he is Christ.
Anti = instead of
He will be pretending to be Christ.

I'm not expecting any name out of either, as I made clear in the post.
I suspect you glanced at the opening quotation without reading the rest of the piece.
As for the rest of your comments- I agree with those as well, as the OP made clear.
I thought it was quite a good piece, well worth reading in full.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   

The Black (Jesuit Pope)?

There are people around who can find "666" in "Vicar of Christ" or some variant of it.
But. as you know from the OP, my opinion is that "666" can be found in so many places that they cancel each other out.

so here the original language and the current language for this "title of a man" - if someone wants to put numbers at it (hint hint
)

greek - antichristos
latin - Vicarius Christi

Could it be this simple? Could the number have a different meaning other than adding up numbers to correlate with letters in the name as follows. I've seen somewhere the numbers matched to...

Pope, Obama, Reagan, Napoleon, Nero, Prince Charles, and purple Barney.

Might be better to focus on the many attributes of the AC to bring better focus, and all must match, yet some of those matches will not show until after he is in power.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Could it be this simple? Could the number have a different meaning other than adding up numbers to correlate with letters in the name as follows. I've seen somewhere the numbers matched to...

Pope, Obama, Reagan, Napoleon, Nero, Prince Charles, and purple Barney.

I can add to that list, Arnold Scharzenegger, Georges Papandreou, and Bill Gates III.

Might be better to focus on the many attributes of the AC to bring better focus, and all must match, yet some of those matches will not show until after he is in power.

Yes, this is more-or-less what i was arguing in the OP, in the final section.
Forget matching letters and numbers, and think about the kind of ruler that "666" would be pointing to.
As far as I remember, it was pointing to someone who would be a persecuting, multi-idolatrous, egomaniac.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by DISRAELI

Just attaching a link to the related thread on the Mark of the Beast;

The Mark

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 02:14 AM
link   

a leader that recovers from a deadly head wound, is this figuratively or actual, could JFK be hiding some where? was Reagan shot in the head, is he really dead? is it some one yet to come? or is it a system of Gov that once was wounded but healed? any or all of thees could be the beast one clue how long is forty two months is that in our days or the lords days, for a day is a year and a year is a day.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by bekod
a leader that recovers from a deadly head wound, is this figuratively or actual, could JFK be hiding some where? was Reagan shot in the head, is he really dead? is it some one yet to come? or is it a system of Gov that once was wounded but healed?

I don't know whether you've seen my "Beast from the sea" thread, but in that thread I went with your last suggestion.

Beast from the sea- a world-state

The argument I used there was that I saw good reasons for identifying the "heads" with political states. But if we decide that the heads are political states, we ought to stick with that interpretation when it comes to the head "recovering from a mortal wound". I used Russia as a model, because in the twentieth century it suffered a mortal wound twice, in 1917 -18 and then in 1989-91, and managed to recover from at least the first of them. So yes, as far as I'm concerned, I think a wounded system of government.

As for the forty-two months, I've decided that I need to do the time periods of this book as a separate topic. Whenever I think of putting it in with other topics, I decide that it would be a distraction. But I'm inclined to see them all as symbolic time periods rather than measurable ones.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by xstealth

This comment demonstrates that you did not read beyond the opening line.
I was not making this identification.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by xstealth

He does not arrive on the "sixth seal and sixth trumpet and sixth vial" because these events do not occur simultaneously. The seals and trumpets and vials are not simultaneous, but a sequence.
The Antichrist comes after the trumpets, but he comes before the trumpets and vials. (chs 12-13 are not in chronollogical sequence with the rest of the book. they are an explanatory "flashback"). In fact the point of the trumpets and vials is to destroy his power.

edit on 5-11-2010 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   
I'm now attaching a link to my more recent thread on the first chapter of Revelation, which sets the tone for the entire book;

Fear Not

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   

reply to post by xstealth

He does not arrive on the "sixth seal and sixth trumpet and sixth vial" because these events do not occur simultaneously. The seals and trumpets and vials are not simultaneous, but a sequence.
The Antichrist comes after the trumpets, but he comes before the trumpets and vials. (chs 12-13 are not in chronollogical sequence with the rest of the book. they are an explanatory "flashback"). In fact the point of the trumpets and vials is to destroy his power.

edit on 5-11-2010 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

Thank you for all your work , Easy to follow. Bur you need to re edit this one about Trumpets
regards rob.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Robbo2006

Oops.
Yes. of course, I meant that the Antichrist comes after the seals, not the trumpets.
Thank you for pointing that out, but it's too late to edit now.

edit on 13-1-2011 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   
I am here as an advocate for the innocent number 6.

Number 6 said, and I quote "I am an innocent number, even when I am with my twin, but when the three of us are together, my siblings just go mad!"

So, as the advocate for the innocent number 6, I am saying please be gentle and kind or we will sue you.

It is the evil siblings' fault!

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknowsplusone

Thank you for that comment.
Yes, of course, "6" and even "666" is perfectly innocent in the right place.
They only put themselves in the wrong when they thrust themselves in the wrong place.

PS What happened to catwhoknows? Forgotten the password?

edit on 13-1-2011 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Have a visit to this thread :www.abovetopsecret.com... when you get a chance,
Has almost biblical ramifications.
regards rob.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Robbo2006

Thank you for that link.
Interesting, even if not quite biblical.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Just trying to introduce a laugh amongst people who take themselves so seriously.

Laughter is the best medicine.

Cat died and I inherited.

new topics
top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join