It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revelation; The Beast- 666

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Another outstanding post DISRAELI.

Your dedication to unlocking these ancient texts and meanings is an inspiration.

Keep up the good work!

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by The Riley Family

Thank you for clarifying the meaning of the word "hidden", but I'm a little puzzled.
I don't know whether you agree or disagree with my original argument that a self-revealing God would not send messages with concealed meanings.
You quote my comment, but I don't know whether you're approving or disapproving.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by DISRAELI
reply to post by The Riley Family

Thank you for clarifying the meaning of the word "hidden", but I'm a little puzzled.
I don't know whether you agree or disagree with my original argument that a self-revealing God would not send messages with concealed meanings.
You quote my comment, but I don't know whether you're approving or disapproving.

We were not clarifying the word hidden, rather substantiating hebrew str and showing the correlation with your "hidden" statement. If you don't believe it is hidden what are you spending your time searching for?

Also you stated

"We can't, unfortunately, work "forwards" from the number itself; we get nothing useful from the letters which represent the number 666.
So that's where the "calculation" comes in- the practice of Gematria. Choosing a possible name and working backwards from it, turning the letters into numbers and trying to make them add up to 666. "

We have shown that you can get something from what you have perceived as "nothing".

Like we stated if you look into the meaning of the letters they do reveal who the beast, his image, and his name is and that name is substantiated by the fact it adds up to 616 and fits all of the prophecies about it.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Funkydung

np dis...the monster energy drink isnt ruling the earth but it is part of it....the number 666 is 'hidden" sorta right there in plain sight.

OK, then, who are the owners of the Monster Energy drink?
What company are they part of, which is ruling the earth?
(And if it's ruling the earth, why can't I buy it in England? Is it any good?)

who are the owners of the monster energy drink? well man is of course.

what company are they part of that is ruling the world? its not really a company as so much a system....and monster energy drink is just a small gear in the big system.

[edit on 27-7-2010 by Funkydung]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Funkydung

All right, then, is it dangerous to drink Monster Energy drink?
If we want to avoid compromising ourselves with the Beast, should we stick to Coca-Cola, or does it make no difference?
I'm trying to work out what the practical implications of this discovery are.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Riley Family
If you don't believe it is hidden what are you spending your time searching for?

Ah, but my point was that I was not going to join in the search for a hidden meaning.
Instead, I would deliberately focus on trying to identify a more OPEN meaning, an "accessible" one.
Then I provided three examples of possible OPEN meanings;

The meaning "Nero", which would be open in the sense that the early church would not find it obscure.
The meaning "Solomon", which would be open in the sense that it is there in the Old Testament plainly for all to see.
And the meaning "humanity", whch would be open in the sense that this very basic number symbolism would not be very obscure.

Like we stated if you look into the meaning of the letters they do reveal who the beast, his image, and his name is and that name is substantiated by the fact it adds up to 616 and fits all of the prophecies about it.

You haven't identified this name very clearly, because I have no idea who you've got in mind.

[edit on 27-7-2010 by DISRAELI]

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Ah, but my point was that I was not going to join in the search for a hidden meaning.
Instead, I would deliberately focus on trying to identify a more OPEN meaning, an "accessible" one.

First of all it is a mystery as noted

2 Thes 2:7 For the mystery of lawlessness already works.

As we offered before

mystery - anything that is kept secret or remains unexplained or unknown: any truth that is unknowable except by divine revelation.(for citation see earlier post)

and when will it be revealed? When it is time for it to be revealed as it says;

2 Thes 2:6 ...to the end that he may be revealed in his own season

When did it come into existance or rather began reemergence? It was during the time of the New Testament writings for it says;

1 John 4:3 this is the spirit of the Anti-messiah, of whom you have heard that it comes. Now it is in the world already.

2 Thes 2:7 For the mystery of lawlessness already works.

Why reemergence? Again as it says

17:8 The beast that you saw was, and is not; and is about to come up out of the abyss... ...the beast was, and is not, and shall be present.

This is what he is referring to John 3:14 As Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up

Nehushtan? Of course. When you calculate the Hebrew letters of 666 you will understand why.

Then I provided three examples of possible OPEN meanings;

The meaning "Nero", which would be open in the sense that the early church would not find it obscure.
The meaning "Solomon", which would be open in the sense that it is there in the Old Testament plainly for all to see.
And the meaning "humanity", whch would be open in the sense that this very basic number symbolism would not be very obscure.

It is even less complicated that this. Like they say it is where you least expect it, which that is usually right in front of your face. Just figure the meaning of the Hebrew letters vav, samech, tav, resh which is 666.

You haven't identified this name very clearly, because I have no idea who you've got in mind.

We have given enough information and direction to continue figuring it out but we are more than willing to oblige if you deem it necessary. But again the most obvious place is where you would least expect it. Another clue is Matthew 24:5 For many will come in my name, saying, I am the Messiah...

[edit on 28-7-2010 by The Riley Family]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   

17:8 The beast that you saw was, and is not; and is about to come up out of the abyss... ...the beast was, and is not, and shall be present.

This verse can be clearly understood by reference to ch1.

On the one hand;
The Lord God; WAS / IS / IS TO COME
and Jesus; FIRST / LIVING / LAST

On the other hand;
The Beast; WAS / IS NOT / IS TO COME

Comparison of the middle items makes it evident that the Beast is the polar opposite of the first two.
But I think we knew that anyway

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   

All right, then, is it dangerous to drink Monster Energy drink?
If we want to avoid compromising ourselves with the Beast, should we stick to Coca-Cola, or does it make no difference?
I'm trying to work out what the practical implications of this discovery are.

no its probably not dagerous to drink monster or coke but could prob find something healthier to drink....im just saying that its part of the man made system....the babylonian system that is mans empire.....if you notice in the bible everything that deals with man involves the number 6.....examples...

The number of man. Taken from the fact man was created on the sixth day

There are SIXTY-SIX books of the Bible. The Bible is God’s message for MAN.
The word MAN occurs SIX times in Genesis chapter SIX. (verses 3,5,6, 2 times in 7, 9)
The word MAN occurs SIX times in II Chronicles chapter SIX. (verses 5,16,22,29,30,36)
The word MAN occurs SIX times in Galatians chapter SIX. (verses 1,3,4,5,7,17)

Joshua is the SIXTH book of the Old Testament:

The book of Joshua is:
The first book named after a MAN.
The word Joshua has SIX letters.
The word MEN occurs SIX times in Joshua SIX (verses 2,3,9,13,22,23)
Israel marches around Jericho SIX times in chapter SIX.
SIX times once a day for SIX days, the seventh day – SEVEN times (millenium reign)
Joshua has 24 (4 x SIX) chapters.
The word MAN occurs 30 (5 x SIX) times in Joshua.

Romans is the SIXTH book of the New Testament:

The book of Romans is:
The word Romans has SIX letters. (Only book in NT with SIX letters.)
Romans has the word MAN in it – RoMANs (only book in the Bible with MAN)
MAN is the SIXTH word in Romans CHAPTER SIX:SIX(6:6)
MAN is the SIXTH word in SIX verses in Romans (2:1, 2:3, 2:6, 3:28, 5:7, 6:6)
Romans has SIXteen chapters

is this why they called him the 6million dollar man?
or why we bury our dead 6 ft deep?

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   

I appreciate the fact that "6" relates to humanity.

But, as I ws suggesting originally, I would argue that 666 does not relate to humanity as such, but only to humanity in the wrong place, ie the place which belongs to God, ie being worshipped. Like most things, mankind is good when kept in the appropriate place, and bad when moved to the wrong place. With that qualification, I accept the association with "man".

I'm afraid I can't allow the arguments linking "MAN" with "RoMANs", because that only works in the English language. The New Testament is a Greek book, it needs to be interpreted with the Greek words. Any word-plays that only work in English are just coincidence.

[edit on 28-7-2010 by DISRAELI]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   

I appreciate the fact that "6" relates to humanity.

But, as I ws suggesting originally, I would argue that 666 does not relate to humanity as such, but only to humanity in the wrong place, ie the place which belongs to God, ie being worshipped. Like most things, mankind is good when kept in the appropriate place, and bad when moved to the wrong place. With that qualification, I accept the association with "man".

imo i believe when our creator suggests the number 666 he/she/it is referring to the babylonian system of man. if you and i are in the system we are allowed to buy sell and trade freely (when the time comes) but if we choose to follow christ during this tribulation we will no way follow mans empire because we understand what the number means. 666 replaces the holy trinity with mankind and his way. some people may understand what the number is and still choose to stay in mans empire due to fear of a number of things...safety...food...warmth...health...feeding their children...etc...but some people will refuse the babylon system and trust in their creator till death.....of course there will always be a single leader of man...starting with nimrod....and has always been that way thru the chapters of history and will till judgement day.....there are many antichrists...

I'm afraid I can't allow the arguments linking "MAN" with "RoMANs", because that only works in the English language. The New Testament is a Greek book, it needs to be interpreted with the Greek words. Any word-plays that only work in English are just coincidence.

i understand. if this is coincidence then it is a very big one. our creators message transcends mans understanding....and something as minor as language to our creator will not interfere with the outcome of his will...

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Funkydung

imo i believe when our creator suggests the number 666 he/she/it is referring to the babylonian system of man. if you and i are in the system we are allowed to buy sell and trade freely (when the time comes) but if we choose to follow christ during this tribulation we will no way follow mans empire because we understand what the number means.

This leads to the question of what would be meant by "leaving the system" in your approach, and also how much it would be practically possible for most people. If it's going to mean "going into the wilderness", you have to remember that European countries don't actually have much of a wilderness.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by DISRAELI

What does the name Jesus add up to in Hebrew?

the J would be Yod
the e would be niqqud
the s would be shin
the u would be vav
the s would be shin

What do those numbers add up to?

Also what meanings and symbols do 666 have?

vav
samech
tav
resh

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   

This leads to the question of what would be meant by "leaving the system" in your approach, and also how much it would be practically possible for most people. If it's going to mean "going into the wilderness", you have to remember that European countries don't actually have much of a wilderness.

thats a good question. its going to be probably very difficult for a person to leave the comfort of the empire and its luxuries. its seems a heck of a lot better for us to keep the flesh comfortable than it does the spirit. most people these days are part of the system...it isnt even a choice for them...doesnt even enter their minds. they love mans way and will die to stay in it. its a deception that has blinded them. but for those who understand the spirit world and know about the battle...we have a choice to make....if we choose to leave this world behind our creator will make a way for us.

we can see the two worlds around us at all times....for me i really cannot stand the babylonian system. it sickens me. when i see it pushing sex on our children thru the tv and radio and movies it sickens me. its a demonic spirit that is covering the land more than it ever has in the past...its always been there but its strong today. our grown men and women cant even say one sentance without saying 10 cuss words and the system has programed us to talk this way. garbage in garbage out. our kids are even talking this way. i am ready for the return of our savior to take me away from this place.
sorry didnt mean to go on a rant there

[edit on 28-7-2010 by Funkydung]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   

I'm not interested- the question is irrelevant.

In the first place, as I've already pointed out in the OP, the number 666 can be found in so many, many places that the ability to find it anywhere becomes meaningless- it has no worthwhile evidential value. It just becomes a pointless game, especially when there is the factor I've already noticed, viz. that people tend to manipulate the calculation to fit the conclusion they want to reach.

In the second place, the number 666 is meant to relate to a false imitator of Jesus. Jesus is hardly going to be a false imitator of himself. The idea is perverse and illogical.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
An argument favouring the gematria number 666 rather than 616:
the confusion of which number the author of Revelation meant arose from the fact that his work was copied by hand. The three letters expressing the number of the Beast are either:
chi (600) iota (10) episemon (6)
or
chi (600) xi (60) episemon (6)
Sometimes, when a copy was copied, the letter iota was misread as xi, so that the new copy provided a number value of 666. Then, when this was copied, the letter xi was sometimes misread as iota, so that the new copy gave a number of 616 for the Beast. After Revelation began to be distributed, two different viewpoints about which was the correct number became established. The earliest known copy displays a version containing the letter iota, implying 616. An argument that the correct value is 666 is that it is far more likely that the letter xi would be misread as iota or badly copied to resemble iota than that the simpler letter iota would be misread as the more complex xi. This means that the author of Revelation meant the number to be 666, not 616, notwithstanding the fact that a fragment of the oldest known copy shows the letter iota (perhaps an older copy may be found one day that represents the number as the author of Revelation really intended).

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   

reply to post by DISRAELI

the J would be Yod
the e would be niqqud
the s would be shin
the u would be vav
the s would be shin

Also what meanings and symbols do 666 have?

vav
samech
tav
resh

The number of Jesus (Yehoshua) is 391.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by micpsi

Thank you for that very scholarly contribution.
I know there are people who favour 616, but that sometimes seems to be because they have their own agenda about what they want the number to mean.That complicates the discussion. At least your explanation is a rational one.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
let a wise man know, the mark of the beast is of man and his name is 666 Revelation13 vers18 count the letters Ronald Wilson Reagan, 666, now here is the rest, when was the net/ web go on line 1986 break that down 666 "computer" break that down 666, i could go on but i think you get the idea oh ya the SKU UPS 666. keep smiling, it can only get better, BTW what is your PIN#? 666 any one notice ^^^=666

[edit on 28-7-2010 by bekod]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by micpsi

The number of Jesus (Yehoshua) is 391.

And thank you for that as well.
You draw my attention to the fact that the Riley family are trying to use Hebrew gematria on the English spelling of a word, which is a dubious operation in itself.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join