It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Migrants sell up and flee Arizona ahead of crackdown

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Correction.

I think the author of the article meant to say "illegal alien', not 'undocumented migrant'.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Because if we look at at
it all Criminals except Native Americans
are Immigrant Criminals because of Immigration.
So Amnesty for All!

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
So I guess this is why AZ passed this bill also!
They knew all you bleeding hearts were going to give
Amnesty to All Criminals!

Senate Bill 1108 removes the requirement that gun owners must be trained and licensed to carry a concealed weapon.

azstarnet.com...

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I live in a Republic
Based on Law
I am tired of this oh
they are Illegal they are not Criminals!
So I watch as many stand up and support Crime
in this Great Republic
and wonder why it fails!

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
It's good for Arizona that some illegals are leaving however, these people will just move to another State. Unless all States enforce imigration laws, we're screwed.

When you're as far away from the border as I am and you start to see stores and businesses with signs in spanish, some businesses won't hire you unless you speak spanish, you have more crimes with the increase of illegals as well as gangs and other criminals, something is terribly wrong.

Illegals around here have screwed the system big time. They even admit it.
They tell you how easy it is to get false documentation, false identities etc. It is a shame that they are rewarded for their criminal behavior, lack of respect and demand that they stay here without going through the proper channels. I am sick of just anyone waltzing over without a background or medical check. I am sick of criminals getting free medical, cheap housing etc. etc. when citizens can't afford to.

[edit on 25-7-2010 by Night Star]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Yay! Don't let the door hit ya in the rear on the way out!

Second Line...

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

Well maybe I can get you off the fence. This law DOES NOT give the police any more power than they already have. They cannot just walk up to somebody and ask for their papers. The law is not written that way. They MUST stop them for violation of the law such as speeding, illegal turn, assault, etc. You might say well they can just look for silly violations just to get them for being illegal but a law is a law. If the law is being broken then they need to be stopped and ticketed PERIOD! If they happen to be illegal well I guess they shouldn't be breaking the law. Also the "suspicion of breaking a law" is being blown out of proportion by those against this law. If cops can't question people who they believe to be involved in some sort of crime then criminals will never be caught and the crime rate will increase. I am willing to accept that perhaps a bad cop makes a bad decision and violates someones civil rights. There are a lot more good cops then bad cops and nothing is perfect when it comes to the law. I wish I could say it wasn't the case but people are people regardless of their position in life. There is a bad apple in every bunch! I believe this law is anti illegal immigration and pro legal immigration. I am not concerned with what mexico and its people have to say about it. We have a front door, USE IT AND DO IT RIGHT! Illegal is Illegal no matter how you look at it.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

It's soo odd when slaves want to work and companies want to hire them and states want them out.

Such is the sin of slaves. It can never produce good from such things.

I saw a man on tv preaching about the migrant farm workers and complaining that they are getting kicked off and Americans do not want to do it so they should have a right to do it. To see such proclamation of support for slavery saddens me greatly.

[edit on 25-7-2010 by Gorman91]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Here's a let them all out of jail story for those that don't understand the difference between illegal and criminal!

www.foxnews.com...

Guards and officials at a prison in northern Mexico allegedly let inmates out, lent them guns and sent them off in official vehicles to carry out drug-related killings, including the massacre of 17 people last week, prosecutors said Sunday.

After carrying out the killings the inmates would return to their cells, the Attorney General's Office said in a revelation that was shocking even for a country wearied by years of drug violence and corruption.

Amnesty for all criminals no matter what they do illegal!

I am not buying what America is trying to sell us!

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I can't believe what I am reading here. The same people that are so pro freedom, so pro individuality, but you are so ready to have a police state.

No don't worry that white supremacist lobby groups like FAIR and The Pioneer Fund helped shape and push this legislation through, and known bigots like Kris Kobach, and Russel Pearce, sponsored this bill. Just as long as it gets rid of those dang illegals right?

I hope y'all enjoy your police state and the constitutional freedoms you just willingly gave up to the state. Especially knowing that the cops only have an hour long training video to learn from.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Just as long as it gets rid of those dang illegals right?

Yep, that's why when they finally offer Americans the national ID card, most Americans will say hell yeah.

Anything just to get rid of those pesky illegals. BTW, keep an eye on Arizona housing market and taxes. This ushering out of illegals will have an impact.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Common Sense:

Would 'you' want your neighbor to be an illegal immigrant living next door to you? They clearly breached your immigration laws so therefor do not respect your laws or yourselves. This should be what's called a Red Flag. Not really, just common sense.

Sometimes folks in other countries leave for a Reason. They always do. Often the reason is they need to flee, you know hide out. Many have extensive criminal backgrounds. I know, sometimes I have to hire them time to time on the 'farm' and take my chances. They often learn to respect me for my honesty. I don't usually have to look over my back neither. They know I'm straight. I just wouldn't advise getting close to some of these folks. One of my caretakers, which I knew to be a God fearing man, even wrote a large cross on the door and took good care of his child and loved his wife.....dearly. Another man began sleeping with his wife when my caretaker started working on the farm. I just hired this caretaker man for the job only 6 months prior. When he chose the job, his wife chose to mess around since she refused to live in the jungle. How would one make sense of this? I would 'assume' his Soul/Spirit will be jusdged with "INTENT" more than anything else. It took TWO to tangle with the Angle. They both paid the price, as per design? Could be. 'You' be the judge.

Imagine that. My caretaker killed a man who was sleeping with his wife after confronting him at a bar under the influence. They searched my land for days. We spotted him at dusk 4 days later coming back to get his things out of the caretaker house (Organic Farm). He took off never to be seen again or not? Not sure, I 'hear' all kinds of stories over there that turn out NOT to be true. One fellow told another I was growing smoke (pot). No thanks, that's the one legal way the govt. can steall your land. I would never do this. Besides the smoke is cheap and fresh over there anyhow, why risk it. If one is going to smoke something natural from the ground so be it. They should be allowed to grow enough their own use. It is their natural right. Only liquor and pharmaceutical companies continue to lobby paid off politicians to keep it illegal. Meanwhy, these folks are thrown in jail while the violent and hopfully 'crazy' folks are let free early or are set out on bond pending trial, no more room in the prisons. If there is a problem, don't be afraid to FIX IT. It is thE way it is because of some of the folks Alex Jones speaks of. They're not too happy right now. The feel like they're in their own self imposed prison. Hmmmmm, they are. They become very disconnected from the 'folks' therefor choose to disregard their existance all together to their 'own' dismay. Seems fUtal for a strategy of 'happiness'. It just doesn't work folks. Just another fools game. Light always wins folks. Always. [lil psyop, couldn't.....or didn't want to resist.] My own grammar seem to work better. Thank you though I 'could' be wrong.

Or.....you could just call me strange.
It is truly neither here nor there anyhow.
I'll salute you though I'll bear no flag.
It wouldn't work very well with your neighbor.
Just a recent 'human' divide and conquer scheme.
It worked out pretty well for the worse.

We all have a choice.
We will make many more tomorrow.
They will all add up to something in the end.

A garden or a sewage?
Your choice.
Regardless, you will all suffer the consequences.....or Reap them; your choice.....

There is always a Reason for something, though not often a good one, 'these' days. The truth will always get to the matter. Sometimes the truth conceals it, under the assumption of another about.....whatever they assume the benefit would be for NOT telling the truth.

Really people, stop living a lie and just be real for a change.
It works for all parties.
I like to go to parties, I just don't join them.
If I did, I would feel I was selling out to a group.
I wouldn't do such a thing.
It doesn't 'work' in one's End.

Just be yourself and do no harm unto another and respect each others' 'finite' path in the flesh and admire creation while respecting it at the same time. If you respect nature, it will feed you. If you nuture it, it will make you prosper. Natural resources are always more valuable than any other commodity because they are the source inputs to everything. Most of the worlds natural resources are in what's called TPTB's hands. It's not working out too well for neither parties. Personal Sovereignty works because it Is.....what you make of it? That appears to be the status quo. A very dangerous one. Love works. Love your neighbor, even if it's for selfish reasons, you benefit in the end. This is common Sense though look up for guidance time to time. It works as well. My heart will always be True unto U. U are a part of Me.

I have to respond to the 'public' every where I go.
I would choose a 'peaceful' one based on freedom, liberty, respect for one's self and their neighbor. Hey it works folks. My childhood was/is evident, though hit a few rough patches along the way. It's a 'tough' world out there and I ask lots of questions when I find they apply to 'Me', as I should. I would expect the same of yourselves, right? Get my vibe?
It's real)))))

[edit on 25-7-2010 by Perseus Apex]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
" First they came for the Jews and I did not speak out because I was not a Jew.

Then they came for the Communists and I did not speak out because I was not a Communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists and I did not speak out because I was not a trade unionist.

Then they came for me and there was no one left to speak out for me. "
By Pastor Niemoller

At first they go after the illegal immigrants. If the police start arresting them without a warrant, you may cheer. However, what happens when the police decide you aren't really a citizen.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkrunner
Correction.

I think the author of the article meant to say "illegal alien', not 'undocumented migrant'.

Calling an Illegal alien and undocumented migrant is like calling a drug dealer an undocumented pharmacist.

As someone else brought the question up... When we travel abroad we have to carry papers with us, producable upon demand by officals of whatever country we are in, because that is the Law of their country.

How come it is accpeted as norm that people can come to this country illegally and get what they want? Deporting people who are illegal is not racist in any sense of the word.

Arizona cannot set up check points to catch illegals, just as my department cant set up a checkpoint to check people for warrants. I have to have a justified reason to make contact with the individual unless I can say in court I am 100% sure the person I stopped was the person with the warrant.

Can someone explain to me why enforcing our immigration laws is racist? Once you do that, can you explain to me why Mexicos immigration Laws towards their southern neighbors arent racist?

[edit on 25-7-2010 by Xcathdra]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
The first thing the Mexican/Hispanic family I married into 25 years ago
was to teach me that the Illegals
cry, lie, and do understand English.
They informed me how their own race embarrass them by wanting a free ride.
So those of you that have been married to a Mexican/Hispanic family U2Me and we can have a discussion.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by KilrathiLG

besides if canadians wanted to "illegaly immigrate" any where it sure as hell wouldnt be the USA correct me if im wrong oh frendly neighbors to the north!

[edit on 25-7-2010 by KilrathiLG]

I'm from Alaska and I know a few Canadians who immigrated here.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Anti-immigrant behavior is a DISTRACTION used to rile up the sleeping masses.

Don't ever call yourself enlightened when you're readily conditioned to hate illegal immigrants.

Before there were borders, people moved freely. The concept of borders is a tool of CONTROL.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
no human being is illegal...

I wonder what kind of documentation our ancestors had when they showed up at Ellis Island? Mithinks they showed up with luggage and the clothes on their backs...

I am SO tired of the discriminative/racist/propagandist titles like 'Illegal Aliens' that are used to describe undocumented immigrants...

The majority of all Americans are citizens only because of the welcoming policies of our immigration system towards our great great grandparents...

And now we change the rules, and make hard working people, trying to better their lives, into criminals...

BTW the only true legitimate American citizens are the Native Americans- we stole the place from them in the first place...

And if you haven't figured it out... Demonizing immigrants-

(specifically brown skinned immigrants- I don't hear anyone complaining about the undocumented European immigrants in our midst)

is just another technique used by the 'Powers that Be' to keep our focus, and anger, away from the real criminals and injustices of our society...

[edit on 25-7-2010 by jambatrumpet]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
reply to post by Chance321

Maybe you missed the fact that the police only get an hour training video for this law.

It's McCops everyone!

ktar.com...

PHOENIX -- Police agencies around Arizona received an hour-long video Thursday about enforcement of Arizona's new immigration law.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

While I.C.E. Agents have 4 weeks of training...

www.ice.gov...

Training Requirements

ICE offers a four-week training program now held at the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center (FLETC) ICE Academy (ICEA) in Charleston, SC conducted by certified instructors.

So, an hour long video is replacing 4 weeks of real training?

Yes and apparently its working better too...

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by crontab
" First they came for the Jews and I did not speak out because I was not a Jew.

Then they came for the Communists and I did not speak out because I was not a Communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists and I did not speak out because I was not a trade unionist.

Then they came for me and there was no one left to speak out for me. "
By Pastor Niemoller

At first they go after the illegal immigrants. If the police start arresting them without a warrant, you may cheer. However, what happens when the police decide you aren't really a citizen.

While I understand what you are saying, this is completely different. If for no other reason than we are not rounding these people up and executing them.

Police can arrest without a warrant if they have Probable Cause (P.C.) that a crime was comitted. Once we arrest, we have to submit a report and recomended charges to the Proescuting attorney. The P.A. then decides if they will prosecute, increase / decrease the charges, or drop them all together.

Unlike the examples you gave, we have whats called Due Process. Some of the people who enter this country illegaly come from countries who have no problem putting a bullet in their head for lesser crimes, and without due process or just cause.

This is nothing more than the people of the state of Arizona deciding their Federal Government has stopped representing their intrests, and have used whats available to them to get the job done.

I would of figured people would be more outraged that the Federal Government is going after Arizona for enforcing a law, rather than going after cities who act as sanctuaries for illegals. San Francisco comes to mind...

If these cities / Federal Government actually enforced the immigration laws maybe we would have a few more children alive who were killed by repeat felony offenders coming back into the country.

People can raise the bs racist argument all they want. It is a Law that needs to be enforced. My personal opinion is if they would fix their own issues in their own country, they would not come to our en masse.

The US... The greatest scourge on the planet, bringer of doom and evil according to most countries, yet people do the darndest things in order to get into this country.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join