It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Migrants sell up and flee Arizona ahead of crackdown

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Notice the title of the thread:

Migrants sell up and flee Arizona ahead of crackdown

Notice the word "migrants" - it doesn't even mention "illegal immigrants" - to me that's just more proof that the MSM are on the side of the liberal left and the "open borders" crowd. Bush should have secured the borders after 9/11...that the borders are still so porous is BS.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
The Feds won't secure the border because it is in direct conflict with Agenda 21.

End national soverignty, erase the borders, bring about NAU . . . it's in this governments best interest to remain lax and let the people fight it out. What better way to bring about a catalyst for open borders?

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by solomons path

Ah yes, the conspiracy theorist's best friend, the "shadow government" that intangible thing that no one can seem to prove. Course, no one can disprove it either. So it's a great defense when you get backed into a corner by facts.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
reply to post by solomons path

Ah yes, the conspiracy theorist's best friend, the "shadow government" that intangible thing that no one can seem to prove. Course, no one can disprove it either. So it's a great defense when you get backed into a corner by facts.

Facts???? You played the race card and didn't offer anything. You then offered your opinion of the motivations behind this bill, despite what it literally states. What facts have you given me?

Here's a fact about your opinion of my last post . . .

Agenda 21 UN.org

Agenda 21 wiki

Agenda 21 for Dummies - youtube

Agenda 21 is real. The US is a charter member and dedicated to bringing about it's policies. There is nothing "shadow" about it . . . it's right out in the open. You just keep fighting the good fight for them . . . keep playing the race card and dealing in fear. Protect those poor migrants from all of us evil racists in Arizona. All states should be so lucky to battle with drug cartels and human traffickers on a daily basis . . . silly those racists in AZ don't appreciate the diversity that an open border brings.

I think it's quite clear you don't live or really understand the issues in Arizona. It might suprise you to know that most legal mexicans in AZ actually support the law . . . I'm even married to one of them.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
To get this thread back on topic though . . .

I think, as an AZ resident, that the scenario in the OP is not something indicative to the general population. The media will highlight a few stories and make it seem as if there is a mass exodus going on . . . the reality is much different. While there may be some to do this, it's definitely the exception to the rule.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe
reply to post by whatukno

Tell me wuk, can an officer ask you for id if you are just walking down the street. How about if there has been a crime committed and you fit the description and are in the area?

Here in Calif the cops will threaten you with arrest if you are not carrying ID.

That is if you are not illegal Hispanic.

Hispanics have long since learned to call the cops bluff.
They know better then to show the cops fake ID (an arrestable offence) so they just tell the cops they have no ID or many show the cops things like company or other non governmental ID.

If they get arrested for a crime the do not want to use there real ID As later when they get out of jail all the cops will have then to prove they have been arrested before is fingerprints.
And the cops can not fingerprint every Hispanic they stop on the street.

This allows the illegals to get away with 1000s of petty crimes like trespassing and other non arrestable crimes.
They just get cited or warned and (catch and release program)released and throw away the citation as they never gave there real name or because the cops can not prove they gave a citation to them before.

The illegals are always getting caught trespassing where i live and few ever get in trouble for it.

They just play ignorant and as soon as the cops are not looking do it again.

Where i live the neighborhood watch for the block got to checking our deeds for our propertys and found the alleyway between our streets was listed as a utility corridor and not as a alleyway.
We installed gates at each end with combination locks and posted them with signs "property owners only"
This cut burglaries quickly but at least 3 to 5 times a week we are reporting illegals trespassing in the alleyway. We also have cameras aimed down the alley to record them but the cops will not arrest them unless we catch them committing a felony crime.

I see nothing wrong with the Arizona law as it will just require the illegal to have IDs so the cops can know who the people really are and can enforce the law in cases like above.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

i dont know about u but when i went to canada i made sure like i do every time i visit another country....i didnt break the law or atleast tryed not to i dobut u will see many candians deported as they dont go around getting arrested in other countrys ya can play the race card all you want it just makes you look ignorant and all of us feel more secure in our belief that we are right and you are wrong as we dont have to resort to the race card so yeah keep it up tell your blue in the face and fyi any one can try to make there point by saying nazis are bad but we allready knew that......and we allready knew there are white supremists in every state but thankfully for us and most of the world those yokels arent the ones in power now if the klan had came up with the law and not a govenor ud have some ammo for ur race argument but yeah keep it up gave me a few chuckles at ur video and ur inability to answer simple questions that people asked of you

besides if canadians wanted to "illegaly immigrate" any where it sure as hell wouldnt be the USA correct me if im wrong oh frendly neighbors to the north!

[edit on 25-7-2010 by KilrathiLG]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
first of all there have been cases of Canadians being deported. if you are a Canadian citizen and you get arrested for drunk driving or some other non-violent crime you will be deported.
second to play the race card is way out of line because this law is already a federal law and has been for a long time AZ is just reinforcing it. and to show a vid clip of some skin head is crazy they have people like that all over the US, Canada, and Europe.
third, you so loudly diss-miss the shadow government theory but you make statements like white mans propaganda. something isn't adding up.

O ya Good job AZ!!!!!

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
AP left out half of the story.
It appears we are going to do our best in AZ
To stop Obamacare also!

azstarnet.com...

That kind of talk earned her a standing ovation from hundreds of attendees at the Arizona Cattlemen's Association conference in Tucson Friday night, where she was introduced as "one tough lady." She was interrupted by applause when she said she wouldn't surrender the border battle. "No more jawboning, no more apologies, no quitting, no retreat - from the border to Obamacare, the battle has just joined," she intoned.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
The article mentions migrants not illegal aliens or anything it mentions migrants, as in people who migrate from somewhere else to come here to work, whether they are illegal or not this law will also affect legal migrants who are in AZ.

But this racial division is exactly what the authors of this bill wanted, Bill Pearce has white supremacist tendencies, that is a fact. Arizona is also becoming a hot bed for Neo-Nazi groups since this law was passed.

This is what happens when you elect "ultra-conservative" right wing wackos into office.

But the thing that really puzzles me the most is how blindly some of you who supposedly "deny ignorance" support this law. Instead of focusing the anger on the nonsensical economic policies that the Government passes, you all are being distracted and made to believe that the real cause of this whole mess are undocumented immigrants.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I laugh because if you look the real argument to this law is it supports the Real ID act.
It states all info shared with homeland security
as to if you are illegal or not.
AZ agrees with a law to work with feds share all info in a database.
And the feds that get their real ID act started by AZ want to sue us?
But everyone always says oh, its the poor immigrants.
So as a AZ resident should I be more worried about the database part or the
people that are here illegally?
It is always said you have nothing to worry about unless you have something to hide.
So what is the Fed and the Illegals trying to hide since they are suing us?

link   
Si se pueda - Yes we can and yes we did and yes we will

I stopped flying the American flag, now I fly the ARIZONA COLORS

Scottsdale, Az

link   
reply to post by muse7

Got some sort of statistic on Arizona becoming a "hotbed for NeoNazi groups". I live in AZ and certainly don't see it. I'd be suprised to find out that is true and I'm suspecting that it isn't. As mentioned before, there are NeoNazi's in every state. They, along with the opposer's of this bill, are a irritating vocal minority. While those vocal minorities make this about race, the residents of AZ know differently.

I'm also interested to see any evidence to back up your statement about the intent of this bill to drive a racial wedge. Any newsletters from the governor's office expressing this agenda?

EDIT to add: Seems to me that the only people trying racial wedge here are those who oppose this policy and run around crying "Racism, Nazis, and Bears, oh my!"

[edit on 7/25/10 by solomons path]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
you know to make the claim that we are blindly being led is funny because to us you are being blindly led by radical anti America lefties.

why is it a bad thing to stop some one that is committing a crime and demand there papers. it doesn't mean there going to just stop any random person walking down the street.

AZ doesn't have any more skin head groups then it did before this started, its just that now there is a reason for the media to look at them.

it seems that once aging white people are being blamed, you do know that there are other races that not only support this bill but helped bring about its creation.

[edit on 25-7-2010 by swine flue]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I think those of us that live in AZ
enjoy pushing back at the fed a little.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

hi you said "I don't approve giving the police forces any more power than they already have."
But what power?

My wife is from Scotland she has a green card and she MUST have it with her at all times because the police can ask for ID if she has non-other she MUST show them her green card or if they ask to see it she MUST show it.

How is that any different then AZ? And thats DHS laws as well not the states laws. So what power do they have now that they didn't? The new law just enforces the old law that is why we call them "illegal"

Just trying to get you on one side of the fence hope i did not seem rude.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
reply to post by Chance321

Maybe you missed the fact that the police only get an hour training video for this law.

It's McCops everyone!

ktar.com...

PHOENIX -- Police agencies around Arizona received an hour-long video Thursday about enforcement of Arizona's new immigration law.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

While I.C.E. Agents have 4 weeks of training...

www.ice.gov...

Training Requirements

ICE offers a four-week training program now held at the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center (FLETC) ICE Academy (ICEA) in Charleston, SC conducted by certified instructors.

So, an hour long video is replacing 4 weeks of real training?

...and they also receive 1 hour of training a year on racial profiling. All Arizona is doing is enforcing laws the federal government refuses to do. I dont know about you, but I for one would like our elected officals to represent the very people who sent them to washington DC, and not the intrests of people who break our laws by illegally entering the country.

The fact that Mexico is challenging this law cracks me up. I think they need to revamp their own immigration laws before coming after ours.

If you want to come to this country, then do so legally, and be prepared t take part in it. The majority of the illegals that are here have no desire to be an american citizen. They come here for work becuase of how bad the economies are in their south and central american countries.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
So are we going to give Amnesty to this group of people that have done something illegal also?

According to the U.S. Bureau of Justice Statistics (BJS): "In 2008, over 7.3 million people were on probation, in jail or prison, or on parole at year-end — 3.2% of all U.S. adult residents or 1 in every 31 adults."

Oh those poor criminals in jail that did something illegal,
all they wanted was a better life!

Amnesty for all because we do not want to be Racist!
If one crime is acceptable then does not all crime become acceptable?

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
If it were just 'migrants' they should have nothing to be concerned about.
If they were IllEgal immigrants.....Understood.
Yes, common sense and logic does wonders for one's perception; understanding.

The way the OP titled this thread made myself wonder if this was just another false flag style psyop to manipulate and deceive the public.

This just happened to myself the other night. I just happended to have posted on ats just after returning from a awesome party. At the party I had lil too much to drink though had a real goood time.

Anyhow, I posted unlike myself postaware; lol

Oh, I'll read the article now.
Not sure if I'll reply cause I might be on spot.
Might not.
It's all about one's 'awareness'.

Folk seem to be coming on just on time.
You'll see soon enough.
The Truth knows no folly and has nothing to hide.
The healthiest folks I know both physically and mentally are the most honest 'folks' around.

They do not participate in folkland, though they like to watch, for their own good of course, and that of their neighbor.

I have a good idea.
Hey folks, how about we pay 'real' close attention to anything that may be a psyop (mind altering manipulation, deception) for the benefit of.....another.

Imagine if 'you' worked for a psyop operation. For one thing it would be difficult to find enough suitable employees for the following reasons: you would have to be able to trust them, watch them, control them, threaten them. Hey, wait a minute, they sound like slaves themselves.

Or, it could be my common sense.
So be it.
To each his own.
I'll accept my own judgement as it appears to be fertilized with sound intuition, mixed with too much logic and just enough reason for it to be So.

Oh, I enjoy to debate since I always speak the truth or nothing at all.
One is free to disprove this anytime they like.
I'm always looking for new ways to improve myself.

Careful with the labeling of folks out there. Folks cannot be labled, only diagnosed for 'who' they are. Psyops folks love to throw labels on folks to dismiss them. Real psyop folks would not apply for the job. THEY DONT NEED TO. I don't usually use caps, just wanted to grab attention to this point in the thread.

To date, I'm the only ''honest" psyop fellow around.
I truly know of none other.
YOU?
?

?

?

?

?
Hey, want a good laugh; imagine a bunch of psyop folks applying for a job at the same time, in the same room, being watched by fellow psyops all psyoping on each other. They do it for a living, therefor it comes second nature. Wow, I wouldn't want to work in that atmosphere.

This is why if fails every time in the end.
One cannot hide from the truth. It 'finds' you in one way or another. Usually it's the conscience, then the soul, then the health (both mental and physical) etc. I bear witness to it.....daily.

So be it though at the cost of so much where the stakes are so high?
Yes, know one has to fear telling the truth.
When the public understands this, they will learn to band together, trust each other once again, help another once again and perhaps just.....live in peace. There were many civilizations before yours of which got by with no weapons at all. All sharp tools were used for processing meats and wood.

One is free to change their perspective as soon as they like.
It really is in their better interest.
Many choose not to out of fear.
True fear arises when one gets caught up in their own web of lies. Lies themselves could be seen as little slices off one's soul as well as collective souls since the public itself has been 'subject' to it.

To Live a lie is worse than to never live at all.
It has 'unexpected' consequences for unexpected victims or victims? Both apply.

We can only mimic the Creator.
The creator works in mysterious and creative ways.
I'm looking forward to it.
Love/Watch out folks.

It is your choice.
We all have a choice.

Don't worry, I don't talk this way in public except to folks I know very well. You see, they have learned to trust me. To date, I have still never intentionally hurt another, unless of course for self defense or defense of 'another's'.

Love out.
The point is, you CAN do it too.
It works.
Everything else fails, by design; a no good one I might add.

This makes Sense.
Or not.
The difference is as an independent thinker, I hold no loyalties to any man though do notice prejudices of others and choose to navigate magnetically.....away from those folks. You can do this to if you learn to listen to the -signals+ around you. They really do work.

Just makes sure you know where they are coming from.
If they don't jibe with your intuition, common sense, logic, reason, intellect then they probably apply at all.

I believe most have been told what to think by the mass media television. Now this would make sense since they are all corportate owned and owned by the same folks who choose which politicians you have to choose from since they own both sides (alex jones covers this well).

He's not perfect, though prrrdy accurate.
"HNOwdy' folks.

[edit on 25-7-2010 by Perseus Apex]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
you know if we go to any other country we have to carry papers with us to prove who we are, passport or work visa. so why is it a big deal here?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join