It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Migrants sell up and flee Arizona ahead of crackdown

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Here is some information on one of the guys who co-wrote the law: Kris Kobach but Russell Pearce was the main writer.

[edit on 25-7-2010 by Pimpish]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Pimpish

Boy, looks like some liberal editors have been hard at work over at wikipedia.

Should I go and edit the page?

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
reply to post by Chance321

Probably worried about the genocidal Neo-Nazis that just had their dream come true. Their fascist agenda of a white America was passed in Arizona.

How does white America equate to Nazi?
Why do you object to this?

Most Mexicans that come here illegally have some shade of brown skin, don't they?
Therefore is it logical that they might be one of the illegals?

do you have a better method of determining who you would I.D. to determine legal status?

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Alright there wuk, you find one place that I stated that I do not believe in the rule of law.

Of course I am one that will call out all cops on anything I find abhorrent.

Hell, I think there is not a crime if there is no victim.

Well guess what, there is a victim here fella. Everyone. Illegals do not follow the rule of law. OUR sovereign country has borders.

You must be one of those globalist statists huh?

Like the idea of the NAU and the NWO?

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Pimpish

Here is some information on one of the guys who co-wrote the law: Kris Kobach but Russell Pearce was the main writer.

Yes exactly.

Kris Kobach:

Kris Kobach, a University of Missouri-Kansas law professor who is seeking to become the next Kansas secretary of state, is claiming victory because of the Arizona anti-immigrant law. Kobach is a birther who does legal work for the Immigration Reform Law Institute, the legal arm of the Federation of American Immigration Reform, or FAIR. FAIR was launched and supported by the Pioneer Fund, that says it is based “in the Darwinian-Galtonian evolutionary tradition and eugenics movement.”

And Russel Pearce:

* In October 2006, Russell Pearce forwarded an email from National Alliance, a white separatist group, to a group of supporters. The email titled "Who Rules America" [11] criticized black and white intermixing and Jews in the media for promoting multiculturalism and racial equality, for depicting "any racially conscious White Person" as a bigot, and for presenting the Holocaust as fact.

There you go folks.

Meet the Pioneer Fund

and FAIR

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   

The Federal Law reads the same . . . Do you have a problem with that? Immigration Laws, in particular?

Regardless of who wrote the law, the U.S. law is the same. They just don't enforce it.

So you don't have a problem with the law, right? Just the possible agenda of those accredited with authoring it?

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by solomons path

I don't have any problem with federal authorities enforcing the federal law. Fact is, I do wish they would put the national guard on the boarder, and secure the boarder.

I don't like the agenda of Arizona. I don't like the politics of the people who wrote the law, I don't like the scope and lack of training the local law enforcement is receiving.

But apparently there is something wrong with me not liking the neo nazi agenda. I guess I must be wrong for not goose stepping in line with the rest of the heard down in Arizona. Sure the law was written by white supremacists, but dang it, I am a white guy, so I must just go along with it and support it.

Still, doesn't it shock anyone else that people that are so down on cops here on ATS are the same ones cheering them in the wake of this law?

Doesn't that seem a bit hypocritical?

[edit on 7/25/2010 by whatukno]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I could care less who wrote the law and their agenda. I like the law and people who are here illegally should not be here. I don't want to pay my taxes so their kids can go to school while they do not pay taxes. I'm far from racist, but you can believe what you want on that, I really don't care.

I love the law, assuming its not abused. With any law there is potential for abuse though.

I'm also guessing you've never been to Arizona. As I alluded to earlier, even if all the illegal immigrants get deported, this place will still be a long way from being all white.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe
reply to post by Pimpish

Boy, looks like some liberal editors have been hard at work over at wikipedia.

Should I go and edit the page?

Yeah, I got a kick out of that. I'd really trust a sight that anybody can log in an edit for factual information.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Yeah, I got a kick out of that. I'd really trust a sight that anybody can log in an edit for factual information.

That's why I included additional sources of information. But if you want to be a complete and total twit about it...

www.azcentral.com...

A week after Rep. Russell Pearce drew fire for immigration remarks many called racially insensitive, the Mesa Republican sent an e-mail to supporters in which he copied an article from a white separatist group and a link to that group's Web site.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Course, I wouldn't be so fast to trust old endisnighe there, this is the same poster that wants to replace the 13th Amendment to the United States Constitution so that he can bring back slavery.

Originally posted by endisnighe
Also, research this little tidbit of history-The Real Thirteenth Article of Amendment Yeah, we can really trust lawyers after reading about that little tidbit.

[edit on 7/25/2010 by whatukno]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
I don't like the agenda of Arizona. I don't like the politics of the people who wrote the law, I don't like the scope and lack of training the local law enforcement is receiving.
But apparently there is something wrong with me not liking the neo nazi agenda. [edit on 7/25/2010 by whatukno]

So because Arizona has finally got sick and tired of waiting for the federal government to do their job and secure our borders, that's an agenda? Note: I didn't single obama out, don't want to be accused of being a racist. No President has done anything about the border situation, none. So if the federal government won't do their job then why do you have a problem with the states that are feeling the impact of illegal aliens take up where our government wont?
As for the "hour" training video, until I see something in writing on what is involved in their training session, I'd say that's just part of the training involved in this.
As for the neo nazi thing? It's just not working.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   

The people that wrote the Arizona law are neo nazi supporters and white supremacists.

Fact is, I think the government should do something about the border situation not states. I agree that the federal government hasn't done enough to secure the borders.

But Ill be damned if I will let that be an excuse for the neo nazi agenda to turn into law. I certainly won't support such a law written by these people and pushed through by white supremacist lobby groups.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Arizona immigration lawsuit hearing ends with no ruling

Even though the judge has not issued a ruling at this time, she has asked questions on both sides, not giving any indication as to how she will rule. Both sides are not only having to answer the questions as they are asked, but also give conviencing arguments that the other side is wrong. Some of the more intersting questions from the Judge Bolton:

She said she wasn't concerned with the portion of the law forbidding law enforcement from restricting the enforcement of federal immigration law. But she did have concerns or questions about several other portions:
• Any person who is arrested shall have the person's immigration status determined before the person is released.
Bolton said that "goes well beyond explicit enforcement provisions."
"Does this have the potential to violate the Constitution on reasonableness of detention?" she asked.
• A peace officer without a warrant may arrest a person if the officer has probable cause to believe the person to be arrested has committed any public offense that makes the person removable from the United States.
"Who gets arrested that couldn't get arrested before?" Bolton asked. "The determination of what makes an individual removable from the U.S. is a determination only the federal government can make."
• In addition to any violation of federal law, a person is guilty of willful failure to complete or carry an alien registration document if the person is in violation of 8 United States Code Section 1304(e) or 1306(a).
"Isn't that really just an attempt to get around the fact that Arizona can't have its own alien-registration law?" Bolton asked.

It is believed that the Judge will strike down parts of the law, while leaving the other parts on the books. This bears to watch, as it is going to get more interesting. That and why is it that 8 other countries, led by Mexico is getting involved in this, to determine what is legal in the US?

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Because he didn't read the whole story, just the title an first paragraph that makes him a racist? I thought you were going to show him in a white hood, or show his membership in some racist club.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
The other aspect that will prove to be interesting, is that with the large groups of illegale immigrants leaving the state of AZ, is how will the states that surround the state of AZ that they are going to handle the mass influx of people into their towns and community? I do not feel they are going to like it and soon you will find the states that are friendly to such communities turn around and start refusing them. If you look at history, from say when New Orleans had to evacuate, the cities that recieved a large number of people, they got the best and the worst, and that is what is going to happen. Those communities and states that the people flee too are going to take the best of their communitie to be an assett to where ever they settle and the worse, causing crime to increase in as well.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Because he didn't read the whole story, just the title an first paragraph that makes him a racist? I thought you were going to show him in a white hood, or show his membership in some racist club.

That and his continuing support of white supremacists. How about checking out the videos above. They will show you exactly who this guy is.

Don't you think he should have read the whole article before forwarding it out? Might have been a good idea, maybe a staff member should have read it? Or maybe, just maybe, he did read it, he did agree with it, and when he caught flack for it, he quickly lied about reading it.

But a politician lying Heaven Forfend!

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I am afraid this could backfire on Arizona. There economy like most of the US is based on cheap labor. A large part of there economy is now gone. It will take time to replace.

It is like you have a house that is on a weak foundation. You decide to fix it. So you tare out the weak part. But then the house falls on you and you ask why as you lay there flaten. Here is why, you did not brace it up first. That is where Arizona has messed up. They remove the weak surports from the economy before bracing it up first. I am afraid it is going to fall before the cheap labor force will be filled by locals. And when it is they will want more pay, maybe a lot more pay. I am not saying the new Arizona law is wrong but just not plained out right.

So will the "house" still until the "foundation" is replaced?

We will see.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Fact of the matter is, this problem is not going to be an easy one to fix, it's been allowed to go on for far to long. I mean, why hasn't any of the Presidents done anything about it? It's freaking obvious. Secure the border!! Other countries have secured borders, why can't we? If the federal government won't step up an do their job, then I have no problem with the states doing it themselves. Like I said, this is something that should've been taken care of a looong time ago.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Yes, you are correct, it is a problem that should have been fixed a long time ago, but I don't think that succumbing to the white supremacist agenda in order to fix the problem is any sort of solution.

The federal government should secure the borders. This does need to be done. I wish people wouldn't get me wrong on that. All I get is insulted for the most part. Even though I do try and show the truth of the matter.

I agree that the border should be secured, but these neo nazi tactics don't fly with me. And giving police officers more authority above and beyond the constitution is again something that doesn't fly with me.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   

What, you mean racist like this:

Why is it not racist when Mexicans do it? So, let me get this straight, because there are a few Mexicans, that means that the whole movement is racist?

--airspoon

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join