It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Migrants sell up and flee Arizona ahead of crackdown

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
reply to post by jfj123

See that's why legal US Citizens are leaving Arizona ahead of this law coming into effect. These people came to the US the right way, but thanks to this law, they no longer feel welcome in Arizona, with good reason.

Why should LEGAL immigrants be subject to harassment?

Why should citizens be subject to allowed criminal behavior? If the Federal Government did their job this would not be an issue. They are more concerned about how South America views our laws than in what their own citizens are demanding from them.

Good thing the Feds have not brought suit against those Sanctuary Cities who are also violating Federal Law.

As far as the statment about people leaving because they are afraid of harrasmant.. Can I get a care check on aisle 3 please... The people who are fighting agsint this law are pulling out all the stops to make it sound just horrible for anyone with a tan to be in Arizona.

As far as your standing that states have no right in determining status I refer you to 28 USC 1251. Also it has been determined that except for questions regarding aliens' constitutional rights, the courts have generally found the immigration issue as nonjusticiable (Justiciability refers to the types of matters that the federal courts can adjudicate. If a case is "nonjusticiable." a federal court cannot hear it).

Immigration Law Overview

I see this is another victory for Mexico. I wish people would realize that our immigration policies have failed.
Mexican flag flys in Phoenix after ruling on immigration

[edit on 30-7-2010 by Xcathdra]

In light of recent court action I think we should adopts Mexicos immigration Law for Mexicans in this country illegally.

Mexican Immigration Law

The law also ensures that:
• immigration authorities have a record of each foreign visitor;
• foreign visitors do not violate their visa status;
• foreign visitors are banned from interfering in the country’s internal politics;
• foreign visitors who enter under false pretenses are imprisoned or deported;
• foreign visitors violating the terms of their entry are imprisoned or deported;
• those who aid in illegal immigration will be sent to prison.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Mexican Immigration Law - Continued

Who could disagree with such a law? It makes perfect sense. The Mexican constitution strictly defines the rights of citizens – and the denial of many fundamental rights to noncitizens,
illegal and illegal. Under the constitution, the Ley General de Población, or
General Law on Population, spells out specifically the country’s immigration policy.
It is an interesting law – and one that should cause us all to ask, Why is our great
southern neighbor pushing us to water down our own immigration laws and policies,
when its own immigration restrictions are the toughest on the continent? If a felony is a
crime punishable by more than one year in prison, then Mexican law makes it a felony to
be an illegal alien in Mexico.
If the United States adopted such statutes, Mexico no doubt would denounce it as a
manifestation of American racism and bigotry.

The main part of their Immigration Law:

Mexico welcomes only foreigners who will be useful to Mexican society:• Foreigners are admitted into Mexico “according to their possibilities of
contributing to national progress.” (Article 32)
• Immigration officials must “ensure” that “immigrants will be useful elements for
the country and that they have the necessary funds for their sustenance” and for
their dependents. (Article 34)
• Foreigners may be barred from the country if their presence upsets “the
equilibrium of the national demographics,” when foreigners are deemed
detrimental to “economic or national interests,” when they do not behave like
good citizens in their own country, when they have broken Mexican laws, and
when “they are not found to be physically or mentally healthy.” (Article 37)

• The Secretary of Governance may “suspend or prohibit the admission of
foreigners when he determines it to be in the national interest.” (Article 38)

Mexican authorities must keep track of every single person in the country:
• Federal, local and municipal police must cooperate with federal immigration
authorities upon request, i.e., to assist in the arrests of illegal immigrants. (Article
73)
• A National Population Registry keeps track of “every single individual who
comprises the population of the country,” and verifies each individual’s identity.
(Articles 85 and 86)
• A national Catalog of Foreigners tracks foreign tourists and immigrants (Article
87), and assigns each individual with a unique tracking number (Article 91).
Foreigners with fake papers, or who enter the country under false pretenses, may be
imprisoned:
• Foreigners with fake immigration papers may be fined or imprisoned. (Article
116)
• Foreigners who sign government documents “with a signature that is false or
different from that which he normally uses” are subject to fine and imprisonment.
(Article 116)
Foreigners who fail to obey the rules will be fined, deported, and/or imprisoned as
felons:
• Foreigners who fail to obey a deportation order are to be punished. (Article 117)
• Foreigners who are deported from Mexico and attempt to re-enter the country
without authorization can be imprisoned for up to 10 years. (Article 118)

Mexico’s Immigration Law: Let’s Try it Here at Home 3
• Foreigners who violate the terms of their visa may be sentenced to up to six years
in prison (Articles 119, 120 and 121). Foreigners who misrepresent the terms of
their visa while in Mexico – such as working with out a permit – can also be
imprisoned.
Under Mexican law, illegal immigration is a felony. The General Law on Population
says,
• “A penalty of up to two years in prison and a fine of three hundred to five
thousand pesos will be imposed on the foreigner who enters the country
illegally.” (Article 123)
• Foreigners with legal immigration problems may be deported from Mexico
instead of being imprisoned. (Article 125)
• Foreigners who “attempt against national sovereignty or security” will be
deported. (Article 126)
Mexicans who help illegal aliens enter the country are themselves considered
criminals under the law:
• A Mexican who marries a foreigner with the sole objective of helping the
foreigner live in the country is subject to up to five years in prison. (Article 127)
• Shipping and airline companies that bring undocumented foreigners into Mexico
will be fined. (Article 132)

All of the above runs contrary to what Mexican leaders are demanding of the United
States. The stark contrast between Mexico’s immigration practices versus its American
immigration preachings is telling. It gives a clear picture of the Mexican government’s
agenda: to have a one-way immigration relationship with the United States.
Let’s call Mexico’s bluff on its unwarranted interference in U.S. immigration policy.
Let’s propose, just to make a point, that the North American Free Trade Agreement
(NAFTA) member nations standardize their immigration laws by using Mexico’s own
law as a model.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Now, with all this being said I will state again, I have absolutely nothing against LEGAL immigration to this country. If you want to come here and make a better life for yourself and family, and you go through the proper chain / channels, then come on in.

All I am asking is our Government enforce their own laws. If they do not want to, then they are failing to protect the general welfare of the American people, at which point I believe the States have to pick up where our Federal Government is leaving off.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   
I see, you apparently are for legal immigration, but when a law comes along that flies in the face of those legal immigrants, it's all, "Can I get a care check on aisle 3 please".

Well, you should care. You should care that people that came to this country legally are being discriminated against based solely on that distinction, they are being treated as criminals when in fact they have done nothing wrong at all.

Is that right? Is that the way that this country should work? Is that the way we should welcome those that come to this country legally?

The Arizona law certainly does discriminate against people who have immigrated to this country legally. It's wrong, it's unconstitutional, and its terrible.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   

I see, you apparently are for legal immigration, but when a law comes along that flies in the face of those legal immigrants, it's all, "Can I get a care check on aisle 3 please".

Well, you should care. You should care that people that came to this country legally are being discriminated against based solely on that distinction, they are being treated as criminals when in fact they have done nothing wrong at all.

Is that right? Is that the way that this country should work? Is that the way we should welcome those that come to this country legally?

The Arizona law certainly does discriminate against people who have immigrated to this country legally. It's wrong, it's unconstitutional, and its terrible.

Well for starters the Federal judge found parts of Arizonas Law incorrect and struck those parts down.

Secondly, I fail to see how it discriminates when it calls for an immigration check on all people, not just Hispanics (or Mexicans in this case).

Third, I still would like to hear your answer to this problem, aside from your continual "its wrong" routine.

I say we adopts Mexicos Immigration Law as our own. Seems perfectly fair to me.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Third, I still would like to hear your answer to this problem, aside from your continual "its wrong" routine.

Besides selling Texas and Arizona back to Mexico?

Ok, how about putting troops on the border for a start?

After that is done and the border is actually secure, pass a law that gives a pathway to citizenship for those that are in this country illegally.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 05:17 AM
link   

What about those who are here legally that are being injured (physically, financially, etc..) by illegals???? Why don't those people have any rights in your eyes? I'll use your quote, "Is that right? Is that the way that this country should work? " ?????

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Besides selling Texas and Arizona back to Mexico?

Ok, how about putting troops on the border for a start?

After that is done and the border is actually secure, pass a law that gives a pathway to citizenship for those that are in this country illegally.

Once again, what you are just not getting is that the federal government is doing almost nothing about the situation which is FORCING the states to deal with it.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

I know, I know, blah, blah, right wing talking point, right wing talking point. Have an original thought won't ya?

Immigration and Customs Enforcement will deport approximately 400,000 illegal aliens in fiscal year 2009, up 10% from 2008 and 25% from 2007 - the last two years of the Bush Administration. The majority of the illegal aliens deported are criminal offenders who were identified through ICE's Secure Communities program.

"We're trying to put our money where our mouth is," ICE Director John Morton said in an interview with the Washington Post. "You've got to have aggressive enforcement against criminal offenders. You have to have a secure border. You have to have some integrity in the system."

Source: www.numbersusa.com...

Shesh oh Pete!

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 05:46 AM
link   

reply to post by jfj123

I know, I know, blah, blah, right wing talking point, right wing talking point. Have an original thought won't ya?

Immigration and Customs Enforcement will deport approximately 400,000 illegal aliens in fiscal year 2009, up 10% from 2008 and 25% from 2007 - the last two years of the Bush Administration. The majority of the illegal aliens deported are criminal offenders who were identified through ICE's Secure Communities program.

"We're trying to put our money where our mouth is," ICE Director John Morton said in an interview with the Washington Post. "You've got to have aggressive enforcement against criminal offenders. You have to have a secure border. You have to have some integrity in the system."

Source: www.numbersusa.com...

Shesh oh Pete!

So first, you're claiming the federal government needs to do their jobs, now you're saying they are doing their jobs??? huh???

Make up your mind.

By the way, I'm not a republican.

edit to add info.

And would you also care to address these questions?

What about those who are here legally that are being injured (physically, financially, etc..) by illegals???? Why don't those people have any rights in your eyes? I'll use your quote, "Is that right? Is that the way that this country should work? " ?????

[edit on 30-7-2010 by jfj123]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

So first, you're claiming the federal government needs to do their jobs, now you're saying they are doing their jobs??? huh???

They obviously need to do a better job don't they?

What about those who are here legally that are being injured (physically, financially, etc..) by illegals????

How exactly? If they are hurting people, call the cops.

Why don't those people have any rights in your eyes?

Show me where I have ever said such a thing.

I said right wing, not republican.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   

reply to post by jfj123

They obviously need to do a better job don't they?

It's obvious to me and most others but apparently not you.

What about those who are here legally that are being injured (physically, financially, etc..) by illegals????

How exactly? If they are hurting people, call the cops.

Are you kidding me? Do you live in a cave or something?
And did you even notice what I wrote? physically and financially. Call the cops? Really? Why would I call the cops on an illegal committing ANOTHER crime? Just being here is a crime for them....you're just not getting that are you? There are too many people like yourself who believe it's ok for ILLEGALS to be here ILLEGALLY.

Do you not understand that illegals occupy jobs that other legal citizens could have?
Do you not understand the typically illegals take from the system but do not give back?

Why don't those people have any rights in your eyes?

Show me where I have ever said such a thing.

You haven't said anything in their defense so I must wonder what your stance is on them. Why don't you tell me just so we can clear it up.

I said right wing, not republican.

I also don't belong to the reich wing, the republican reich, etc... My opinions are based ONLY on what I deem to be right and wrong for MY country and it's LEGAL citizens. Those opinions may technically fall into one camp or the other from time to time but I do not belong to any camp.

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join