It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Migrants sell up and flee Arizona ahead of crackdown

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Migrants sell up and flee Arizona ahead of crackdown

www.reuters.com

Nicaraguan mother Lorena Aguilar hawks a television set and a few clothes on the baking sidewalk outside her west Phoenix apartment block.

A few paces up the street, her undocumented Mexican neighbor Wendi Villasenor touts a kitchen table, some chairs and a few dishes as her family scrambles to get out of Arizona ahead of a looming crackdown on illegal immigrants.

"Everyone is selling up the little they have and leaving," said Villasenor, 31, who is headed for Pennsylvania. "We have no alt
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
It looks like the law is already working. What more could they ask for? Sadly, many of these illegals won't go home probably, rather they will just go to another state. While America can't claim victory by any stretch of the imagination, Arizona just may be able to.

From the article (and other sources too), it appears as if a solid majority of Americans are behind this type of policy, though don't hold your breath for your state to make any changes.

As far as the actual law goes, I'm on the fence, as I don't approve giving the police forces any more power than they already have. It just begs to be abused. With that being said, something has to be done and it at least Arizona is taking a step in the right direction. I still think the best bet would be to prosecute businesses, not migrants. Couple this with real border security and you just may turn the tide. If you cut of the leak at the source and remedy the cause of the leak, then you have a much better chance than simply putting a bucket underneath the drip. At least this is something and everything isn't getting wet.

--airspoon

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
It was long overdue. As always it was allowed to deteriorate into a complete mess then the sweepers come in and reestablish what a democratic society always wants. A community, a community that people can interact with one another and exchange views and opinions without the fear of being shot or targeted.

+9 more 
posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
OP, was watching some propagandist show on some channel last night on the propaganda tube. They were showing this couple that was packing up and moving. Of course they were not going back to Mexico, they were heading to California.

Well, looks like the other states better expect more illegal immigrants, sorry, displaced workers, um undocumented immigrants, um criminal alien, um undocumented workers, um.....................what the hell CRIMINAL INVADERS!

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Gee, guess they don't have a lot of faith that obumblebutt'll have any luck in striking down Arizona's law that mirrors the federal law.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Chance321

Probably worried about the genocidal Neo-Nazis that just had their dream come true. Their fascist agenda of a white America was passed in Arizona.

+24 more 
posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

How is this about race? This isn't about race,it's about people entering our country illegally, irregardless of what color you are. There are plenty of blonde hair and blue eyed Mexicans, just as there could be some white illegal immigrants from Europe.

I believe that the people using the race card on this issue are the racist ones.

--airspoon

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Could you show the part in the law that says that? I must of missed it. I'll go back through my copy see if I can find it too.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Chance321

Maybe you missed the fact that the police only get an hour training video for this law.

It's McCops everyone!

ktar.com...

PHOENIX -- Police agencies around Arizona received an hour-long video Thursday about enforcement of Arizona's new immigration law.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

While I.C.E. Agents have 4 weeks of training...

www.ice.gov...

Training Requirements

ICE offers a four-week training program now held at the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center (FLETC) ICE Academy (ICEA) in Charleston, SC conducted by certified instructors.

So, an hour long video is replacing 4 weeks of real training?

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
My question is this. Police are only gonna card you if your doing something wrong.

So if your not breaking the law, why flee?

Things that make you go hhhhmmmm.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   

The LEO's receive a 1-hour couse on the new law, doesn't equal they are cramming 4 weeks on training into an hour. PPD and MCSO that receive this hour training on THE LAW, add that to the months/years training they have already been put through on checking documents. You'll have us believe that LEOs in the field don't already know how to spot fake documents, including visa's and passports? They've been training how to check immigration status, since the grand Patriot Act. Only difference now is that they can jail these people, instead of just calling ICE and letting them go when ICE won't come out.

Full steam ahead with the propaganda though . . . cheers!

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by solomons path

Don't worry, you will have plenty of these guys helping out too.

I am sure that they will be just as equitable as the police are.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Hey wuk, tell me, when can a LEO ask for your name?

Do you have any idea.

Hurry now, go do a quick search to find that out.

I just read through a discussion on that yesterday. Quite revealing what people believe compared to what is LAW.

Tell me wuk, can an officer ask you for id if you are just walking down the street. How about if there has been a crime committed and you fit the description and are in the area?

Watch out peeps, I am sure the ventriloquist act will be coming out soon.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Glad to see you and the government are using propaganda techniques South Park used to show the hypocrisy.

Transparent, oh so transparent.

edit to add-

Is the racist card beginning to fail?

Here, start using this one-

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d59a7efbe5d6.gif[/atsimg]

[edit on 7/25/2010 by endisnighe]

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   

So, what you are trying to convey is that you have nothing of substance to base your arguments on?

You failed to even attempt to answer the previous poster's call for proof this new policy is about race.

All you have is racist and NAZI to fall back on. A failing troll . . . sorry Arizona is hurting your feelings.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
To pull out the race card, I agree, is silly. Even if every single illegal was gone out of Arizona, there would still be many, many legal mexicans here and nobody is trying to get them out of arizona in any way, shape or form (except for maybe some racist bastards that have wanted that since forever). Also, nobody is trying to send black people, asian people, or any other race that is here legally anywhere.

I would have to agree that the ones pulling the race card are the racists.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   

How many Canadians do you think that Arizona is going to stop? From what I understand, many Canadians go to Arizona every year for vacation or to spend the winter. So how many Canadians do you think the police are going to stop and make sure they are in the country legally?

Soon as Arizona deports one Canadian for being in the country illegally, I will stop thinking this is a racist law. The proof is in the pudding.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Arizona wants people to follow the law...racist bastards!

+8 more 
posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   

They'll deport any Canadian that breaks the law, gets caught, and can't prove that they are here legally. I guess it will depend on how many Candians come to Arizona, illegally, and then decide to commit crimes.

Maybe you should look into how often that happens and you will be able to make an educated guess???

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Ill do that when you provide me who wrote the law and the names of the lobby groups in Arizona that made sure to push it through. Do that for me and Ill make my educated guess.

What is funny to me, is for a site that loathes cops as much as this one does, you all jump aboard with them around this issue. Strange isn't it?

[edit on 7/25/2010 by whatukno]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join