It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any Mixed Martial Arts Fans Here?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
nevermind, dealing with a troll :shk:

[edit on 29-8-2010 by speculativeoptimist]

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by IntastellaBurst

You called it man

What a domination, and the take down was from the ankle too! Can't wait to hear post interview with Toney.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by 2weird2live2rare2die

We all can't be competitive Figure Skater's like yourself.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Yes ... I did call it !!!

I should start betting in Vegas, cause im not wrong very often, the main event was EXACTLY what i knew it would be as well, 5 rounds of sparring.

Kenflo also lost which was dissapointing Lay+Pray=Gray ..... Maynard.

But yeah, ... you could feel the electricity in the air right before the Toney right, .... even Joe Rogan was like " I"m so excited" like a little girl !! lol. I couldnt believe it was finally happening, it reminded me of the UFC of old, where everyone was good at different arts.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 02:56 AM
link   

We all can't be competitive Figure Skater's like yourself.

ROFL!

In regards to the thread, yes I watch a lot of MMA. I have watch just about every UFC pay-per-view

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Well considering that I find all other sports boring, and even fell asleep once when I was playing baseketball with freinds...Ya i am a mma fan or more corectlly a fight fan, though watch mostly mma and kickboxing, not as much as I used to but still watch fights when they happen.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Alright, another good card tonight! My money is going on Cain over Brock, Cain is just so well rounded and has knock out power and a good chin. Also looking forward to the J. Shields match and the Sanchez fight. I also hope, as always, Tito get's defeated.
I am calling knockout in 2nd round, victory Valesquez!

spec
edit on 23-10-2010 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist
Alright, another good card tonight! My money is going on Cain over Brock, Cain is just so well rounded and has knock out power and a good chin. Also looking forward to the J. Shields match and the Sanchez fight. I also hope, as always, Tito get's defeated.
I am calling knockout in 2nd round, victory Valesquez!

spec
edit on 23-10-2010 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

MMA fan here also. My favourites are Fedor, Velascuez and Overeem. And I also think that in S Carwin vs Brock fight it sould have been ref stoppage in 1st round. There was no way in hell that Brock was "intelligently defending" himself. He got Cains fists to his head all over.

And you called exactly right that fight with Brock vs Cain. Velasquez basically ran over stronger but ah so less experienced Lesnar, who seem to show some weakness when he is against a guy who truly can box.

I will add my thoughts about other fighters and upcoming fight if I see this topic is still "alive"...

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I think Lesnar's going back to the WWE.

Ole Vince had the Undertaker show up at " lesnar vs velasquez" .... and when brock was walking backstage they supposedly shared a few words. I have to say.... Vince knows what he's doing.

was anyone else dissapointed by GSP vs Kos ??

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by IntastellaBurst

I think Lesnar's going back to the WWE.

Ole Vince had the Undertaker show up at " lesnar vs velasquez" .... and when brock was walking backstage they supposedly shared a few words. I have to say.... Vince knows what he's doing.

was anyone else dissapointed by GSP vs Kos ??

I saw that Undertaker - Brock sharing words. Undertaker was interviewed and when he saw Brock going of the octagon and walking by he looked at Brock pretty "nasty" and said "you wanna do it? "
The interviewer asked what that was about and UT said "it´s personal". It wemt dpwm something like that....

So it might just have been staged. Don´t really know.

Found it!

UTaker and Brock exchanging words

And Im happy that Josh got beaten because he showed how childish he is when he was a coach in TUF. He was #ing with everyone ( not joking, he was #ing ) and when someone said something back he didn´t take it all that well.

I hoped that StPierre would have submitted him earlier maybe with a chokehold but the fight went all the way. But in the end Josh behaved well in defeat. The bone around his eye was broken. So no fights for Kosh in next months or so...

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by finallianstallion

lol .... of course it was staged, .....

I'm sure they had a big "scene" drawn up. ..... when undertaker asked " do u wanna do it" he was asking " do you want to do the scene " .

I hope Lesnar stays in UFC though, ... he still has lots of potential, and one of the top heavyweights, ... although I dont think he will ever take the belt again.

... and GSP fights to win, ... not to finish. his fights are getting boring. Whats the point of fighting if you cant display all your skills and lay it on the line. He is driven by fear these days, .. too bad we will never know what he is truly capable of.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I like Brock Lesner, but I honestly don't follow MMA. I'll sometimes watch it, and it's OK, to me, it more like street brawling. I think i prefer a more constrained sport like boxing, kickboxing, karate. I'm not into ball sports at all. I do like the the Worlds Strongest Man competition. I guess I mostly like the sports that I'd like to perform in myself. I like bodybuilding and powerlifting too.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by finallianstallion

Hey there fs, thanks for dusting off this thread and I am always glad to meet MMA fans

My favs are also Fedor, Valasquez and would add Dos Santos too. I think the fight between him and Vasquez will be a good one, but I'd still put my money on Valasquez cuz he is the full package fighter, greta stand-up, grappling, take-down defense and one other factor that separates the great ones and that is a strong chin! I think Valasquez will dominate for a while. You could see in Lesner's eyes that he had never gotten beat down(acceptation was Shane) and he was overwhelmed by Valsquez. I think Brock will still be a worthy opponent, and I think Carwin is still a formidable player, especially if he works on his cardio.

I loved watching Koscheck get his butt(or should I say eye
) whipped, and look forward to GSP stepping up to 185 and fighting A. Silva, that would be a spectacle! I am also hella looking forward to Silva vs Belfort and I think Vitor will be the one handing Anderson his first UFC loss.

Another fighter I think is awesome is Shinya Aoki...

peace,
spec
edit on 29-12-2010 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Hey IB, good to hear from ya man! So you think Brock is going back to WWE, for real? I guess it would not surprise me, more money and less ass whoopin'!
I was disappointed with the GSP/Kos fight too, other than Kos loosing and getting a "jabdown!"
It seems par for the course when the high level fighters get up there, they seem to play it safe or conservative which is disappointing for the fans, but I understand it too. I do wish the old Pride rule was in affect though, where a fighter is flagged and fined if they don't get after it.
I think Silva will put GSP to the test, but we will see....

peace,
spec

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Hey i'm a big MMA fan! Nice thread by the way. I think Cain Velasquez is gonna be the heavyweight champ for a while, he's just such a great all round fighter. The next big fight i'm looking forward to is Belfort vs Silva. That should be an amazing fight. I've always been a big Vitor fan, so my prediction is Belfort by k.o
I'd love to hear others thoughts on this fight too.

Peace 2 all

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Hazz-14

Hey Hazz! Great to meet another fan! I am with you, Valsquez will be dominant for a while I think. If Carwin ever gets his cardio up he will be a force too, but I still think Cain would beat him. He is so well rounded and hungry.
Vitor/Silva, looking forward to also and my money would go on Vitor and I would guess a knockout in the 2nd, since the first round is such a feeling out process. But who knows, Silva still has the skills to rise above any situation too. But those juggernauts fists of Vitor may say otherwise.

spec

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Ok guys, Im new here, but love the MMA.

I trained and taught Wado Ryu back in the UK for 10 years, for the last 5 I have been training Muay Thai with some of Australias best fighters and have just started getting better versed with BJJ. I have had a couple of amateur fights as well - lots of respect for anyone that has the balls to get in the ring...

I follow all the local MMA shows as well as the UFC (of course!!) - they are replaying all series of ultimate fighter on fuel tv over here - love it!

Does anyone know when Dave Batista is going to fight? The guy is a machine like Lesnar

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

Yep i agree, Carwin has amazing potential and Anderson Silva can never be counted out as he proved in his last fight against Sonnen.

Apparently Dave Batista is trying to work out a deal with Strikeforce, i'm not to sure on the details though.
Anyways, I thought i'd leave yous with a link to a youtube clip of Vitors infamous fight against Wanderlei Silva.

Vitor vs Silva

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Is Batista that "world's strongest" dude? he has potential but he has got to work on cardio to be competitive, but he is a beast!
Did ya'll here about Sonnen's money laundering conviction? That's too bad cause I wanted to see him gifht some more and a Silva rematch. He'll be back though and even though I don't like him personally, he is a great contender. I am also glad to hear Fedor will get 4 fights this year. I still think he's the best and has a few more fights in him. I also acknowledge the fact that he ain't gettin' any younger, but I'd still like to see him compete.
Did I just speak from the Fedor bandwagon? Yup, I'm just dedicated like that!

Thanks for the replies guys!

spec

ETA: A great link for fights and such:
www.mmashareforum.com...
edit on 6-1-2011 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join