It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plastiki, boat made of plastic bottles, nears end of Pacific voyage

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by 5MaveN5
reply to post by rusethorcain

I have to agree that something should be done, that pollution/polluters should be targeted and reined in.
However, like is mentioned above,Cap and Trade, as I am aware of it, is more of a Tax and Control scheme.
I would like to see policies that go after true pollutants and poisons that are being released into the enviroment, and not just something that we all exhale. Too many breathers out there, anyone?
Just another power grab.

Then come up with something else and support it. Let me know what it is so I can support it too. Let's all stop sitting on our hands here. Until you have a better solution folks...this is all we got and I am taking it. I don't care who gets rich off it. Certainly I have helped 'leg up' a lot worse.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroKnowledge
I am sure that it was planned by Roman empire and their eevil collaborators. Colosseum "naval battles" were just a giant testing ground for Plastiki uber-vessels ready to take over the world.
While trained octopuses wake up from their cryo-sleep and attacked oil platform ,thus curbing world plastic production, evil collaborator travels the ocean in his giant bottle-ship
unchallenged . Veni Vedi Plastiki.
It is not written in history books so must be true.
And on point - you think that it is bad that people get more open to how polluted the planet is? I do not think so, actually i think that even if it comes from person who made lots of money by polluting it - it still will get more good then doing nothing. And he did not mention carbon taxes even once.

Yes in fact we have done a lot of research and speculation on my All Roads Lead to Rome thread that the Club of Rome is heavily promoting the Carbon Emissions Credits initiative and even made this years Club's president the man who authored the ideas.

So that is no joke!

Raising awareness of polution is not a bad idea, in fact I applaude it, yet the truth is that in Rothschild's case he is clearly hoping to financially profit through that awareness to create another monopoly, one that will control worldwide how pollution is addressed.

Considering the bang up job he has done with banking and oil, we might in fact be better served relegating him to what he already has on his plate.

Thanks for posting.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

You have to see this. Much more interesting than millionaire's toys ;-)

peace

new topics

<< 1   >>

join