It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plastiki, boat made of plastic bottles, nears end of Pacific voyage

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Plastiki, boat made of plastic bottles, nears end of Pacific voyage

www.cnn.com

"It feels amazing," Plastiki's expedition leader, David de Rothschild, told CNN Sunday. "I think what's happened with the Plastiki has really captured the world's imagination... the impact has really surpassed my expectations."

The Plastiki will reach Sydney, its final destination, Monday morning -- ending a 125-day journey, but also completing years of planning and dedication for the team.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Lets sit right back and hear a tale a tale of a fateful trip.

A boat designed and captained by a man on an eco-climate-gate trip!

The stock market started getting volatile, the gold index too!

What’s the world’s wealthiest man really supposed to do?

Well, start a new exchange one that can provide lots of profit.

A carbon emissions scam that no one but him can derive benefit.

So the trillionaire

And his trusted crew

A horde of press and entourage too

Set sail to convince you!

A boat made out of recycled plastic bottles and oil byproduct covers one ocean true

While another ocean is tainted marred and destroyed by oil through and through!

What a coincidence you say, say it just can’t be true.

Where Lord David De Rothschild is concerned the devil gets his due.

CNN is awash this day in praise and epitaphs

Get out your checkbooks it won’t be long until cap and trade is passed.

Ah we can only hope this crew gets lost permanently on an uncharted desert isle!

Years in the making the Rothschild boat promoting green living, captained by the London based trillionaire, oil and banking giant, oddly enough ditched it’s original plans to sail across the Atlantic this summer, to instead sail across the Pacific to Australia in the Southern Hemisphere’s winter season.

I am sure that’s just a coincidence and has nothing to do with the millions of gallons of oil and Corexit being dumped into the Atlantic at present.

The climate change and cap and trade initiatives sail full steam ahead! Just in healthier waters!

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
The Rothschilds sure have changed in the last 100+ years.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Indeed haven’t we all though? I admire people of vision, as well as those who can master logistics, but when that reaches a level of monopoly where one person’s vision has such a tremendous impact on the rest of the world, and then it can be problematic.

Cap and Trade if passed here in the United States is projected to add an average of 5,000.00 dollars a year to the average family’s energy bills.

All of this presumably to be funneled through an international exchange on carbon credits administered by the International Banking Cartel which Rothschild is arguably its most prestigious and influential member.

The added value to the people is negligible to non-existent and while some poorer nations might in fact receive an influx of cash for their excess credits at the top of that nation’s political and corporate pyramid, it will come at an expense to that nation as well as every other’s nation own sovereignty.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

I am immediately suspicious of any one named Rothschild and do not trust him.

But...If cap and trade is not the answer, what is?

There needs to be some penalty for pollution or WE will be swimming in that pile of garbage soon. This video tries to explain the untenable situation we are in. I hope more people get to see it.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

Cap and Trade is not going to stop pollution, but simply be used as a welfare system for the delivering more wealth to the corporate elite and owners. It won’t do one thing to curb pollution; it will simply take more dollars out of people’s pockets and prevent them from enjoying anything else they could have bought with those dollars.

They still are going to drive to work and take little Suzie to soccer practice.

At best some expensive heavily subsidized token green efforts will be made simply for publicity that are designed to justify the huge worldwide of taxation through a worldwide international cartel.

The very same people leading the carbon credit initiative are the very same people who profit off of and horde oil and other energies and sell them.

That’s like setting up a charity to be administered by criminals to stop crime!

There is a penalty for excess pollution already and that is pollution itself. We all have to live with it, and some of us, and I am one of them have made individual efforts to majorly reduce the level of our carbon footprints voluntarily because we understand that.

When the rest of the world comes to understand that their own individual actions can have an additional impact, and act more responsibly that is when and only when we as a race will begin to respect our environment.

Trusting the very people who promote and profit and control all the things to wean us off of polluting through a tax paid to them is not a solution. It’s simply a way to make them richer and us poorer.

The solution to almost every problem in fact lies in the mirror, not in Washington, London, Paris, Berlin, the Hague or Vatican City.

It is the individuals desire to do good, without really having to do good, that leads to a false notion of progress towards good, that truly bad people manipulate and profit off of.

The world does not need more taxes or penalties it needs common sense!

Thanks for posting.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
It's now your civic duty to consume things from plastic bottles so we can reuse them to make environmentally friendly boats. How's that for an oxymoron?

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Respectfully, if the world HAD common sense we would not need any laws at all.

So your answer is that the pollution itself will be enough to prevent the worst companies in the world from doing it?

Is this what I am reading? For real?

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

I have to agree that something should be done, that pollution/polluters should be targeted and reined in.
However, like is mentioned above,Cap and Trade, as I am aware of it, is more of a Tax and Control scheme.
I would like to see policies that go after true pollutants and poisons that are being released into the enviroment, and not just something that we all exhale. Too many breathers out there, anyone?
Just another power grab.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Awesome post and great revision of Gilligan's theme 2^10

I always enjoy your posts, this one is great - I hope he sails into some CorExit and his boat dissolves.

[edit on 25-7-2010 by Amagnon]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by rusethorcain

Respectfully, if the world HAD common sense we would not need any laws at all.

So your answer is that the pollution itself will be enough to prevent the worst companies in the world from doing it?

Is this what I am reading? For real?

Flip it around and understand that Cap and Trade will empower the worst companies, the oil companies themselves, to profit off of and control any mass movement towards more eco-friendly technology.

I don't see that happening any more realistically than I see people trading in their SUV's for bicycles.

Yet economically punishing people with an additional tax is not going to cause them to trade in their SUV's for bicycles.

They will simply cut back in other areas of their life.

The world needs a concsious shift, one that in fact can not and will not occure as long as we trust the same corporations and governments that have instilled this madness as a way of life to change it by instilling another way of life.

So in reality it is a catch 22, but the only real change has to happen from the bottom, simply because there is in fact no compelling reason but profit and control at the top when it comes to instituting change.

So until the bottoms rungs of society determine there is a compelling reason that they reach of their own volition, no nothing will change.

Dissapointing I know, but the proof is in the pudding.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amagnon
Awesome post and great revision of Gilligan's theme 2^10

I always enjoy your posts, this one is great - I hope he sails into some CorExit and his boat dissolves.

[edit on 25-7-2010 by Amagnon]

Thanks my friend, and the truth is, he originally planned to sale the boat across the Atlantic to the United States from England.

So it's rather telling that he changed the itennerary to avoid the Atlantic and the number one energy consuming destination on the planet and the most important lynch pin in the whole carbon credit scheme he is promoting.

Glad you enjoyed the post, thanks for sharing.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I am not one bit impressed with their little venture which is only a drop in the bucket, do they honestly think this is helping the environment, with all their resources why aren't they lobbying Washington and the U.N. to ban plastic that isn't biodegradable. Why are they not using their vast resources to clean up the plastic island in the Pacific. Nothing will be done about the environment until it's at their back door, sure it will be too late by then. Maybe the companies we work for will let us take a two year sabbatical so we can collect plastic bottles, built our own boats and sail across the big pond.

The world's rubbish dump: a tip that stretches from Hawaii to Japan

A "plastic soup" of waste floating in the Pacific Ocean is growing at an alarming rate and now covers an area twice the size of the continental United States, scientists have said.

The vast expanse of debris – in effect the world's largest rubbish dump – is held in place by swirling underwater currents. This drifting "soup" stretches from about 500 nautical miles off the Californian coast, across the northern Pacific, past Hawaii and almost as far as Japan.

www.independent.co.uk...

Charles Moore - the Great Pacific plastic trash island

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

Over time ppl start wising up to your game, so you make a game
change and the wolf puts on the sheep's coat to lull the public
into thinking they are nice ppl again.

I am afraid their seizure of the bank of london thru curious means
will remain on the books and the forefront of many minds.

www.thetruthseeker.co.uk...

They have shadowy dealings in a few wars as well.

They are not a family I would turn my back on because they
might find it too tempting.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Aquarius1

Ah the New Atlantis. The debris and trash field in the Pacific Ocean is alarming.

Funny how we have oil skimming ships and all kinds of speaciality ships for mining and extracting things of value, yet this trash, which is nothing but trash being tossed overboard by ships, can't be cleaned up, because there is no profit in cleaning it up.

Yes they would like us to believe that some additional tax might lead to cleaning such things up, but the truth is like most of our tax dollars they will just be diverted to the military industrial complex and the banks for the interest on the military debt.

What's interesting too is how people like Rothschild who is a Papal Baron and Lord, international banking and oil tycoon manage to get the press to drop those titles and distinctions to instead promote them as just another concerned philanthropist, so intelligent people can't readily make the tie ins of why Rothschild is more interested in Rothschild's interests than he is the health of the egology.

Great post my friend, thanks for sharing.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

I know. There's nothing worse than filthy-rich, misguided hippies with an agenda. Even the quotes from the article seem a bit "schildish" (sic). What's next, "Hempi", the solar-powered hemp airplane that flies over Mt. Everest?

[edit on 7/25/2010 by EnlightenUp]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Your welcome Proto, wasn't trying to hi-jack your thread but have been following this horror for years and when I see articles like this it makes me angry, on the other hand isn't it all related. Seems one of the big problems is that the 1% with all the money on the planet won't do a damn thing, after all it isn't in their best interest is it, they would rather sail around Gilligan's Island.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I am sure that it was planned by Roman empire and their eevil collaborators. Colosseum "naval battles" were just a giant testing ground for Plastiki uber-vessels ready to take over the world.
While trained octopuses wake up from their cryo-sleep and attacked oil platform ,thus curbing world plastic production, evil collaborator travels the ocean in his giant bottle-ship
unchallenged . Veni Vedi Plastiki.
It is not written in history books so must be true.
And on point - you think that it is bad that people get more open to how polluted the planet is? I do not think so, actually i think that even if it comes from person who made lots of money by polluting it - it still will get more good then doing nothing. And he did not mention carbon taxes even once.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I'm disgusted just because of the name "Rothschild." Sorry, but the name is like poison.

That family continues to push for a one-world, police-state government, and lots of other things as if only to instigate something with the global population. How do these people operate in the daylight without being assassinated?

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Wanted to be first to star post.

Cannot be overemphasized....I'd seen enough when he was wearing sandals and handing out his 'how to be like me' book, on FOX, when FOX were behind globalwarming hoax.

The whole carbon tax thing means an awful lot to tptb. What does God have to do to make this folly more clear...?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join