It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

200,000 Year Old South African Civlization! color me amazed

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrsBlonde
reply to post by Gorman91

will all you guys relax
I know all that

I'm just asking do these ruins exist ? I f so we should find out more about them

I 'm not talking about human evolution like I said the dating of this site has to be bogus ,but are the ruins themselves bogus?

do we have any African ATSers who can shed some light on this?

inquiring minds want to know

yeah anyone from south africa can confirm this?

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Come Clean
This is my last post because the juice is getting to me.

At some point EVERYONE has to realize something always existed in this universe and other universes and riding the strings.

Something can't come from nothing.

So if we chase the religion thing or the science thing all the way down this rabbit hole, both would have to come up with something always existed at the very beginning of time.

First person to identify that THING is the winner. I'm starting to think we don't exist. We exist in our own minds but we don't exist in the physical world. The reason I say that is NEITHER camp can explain how something came from nothing. God didn't come from nothing. Strings and alternate universes didn't come from nothing. Both of those things can be chased until infinity.

The most probable thing is that we're living in a simulation of the universe, considering that there were probably millions of advanced civilizations that appeared in the universe before us, odds are they would start to run simulations of their history and maybe the universe itself if they were advanced enough, they would probably run billions of simulations, and thats just one civilization, as more appeared that had the ability to simulate the chances that we formed naturally in the universe gets slimmer.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by hippomchippo

Fair enough....

But I go back to how can scientist on Earth know all there is to know about the universe but they can't cure cancer right here on Earth.

Personally, I believe they know the answer then fill in the blanks with questions. They believe it was a big bang so they rationalize what came before and after. I call this the God complex.

Point being this, when they get all the way down to the first THING that cause this universe (or infinite universes) to form then I will be satisfied.

At some point in time (trillions of years before the singularity) there had to be NOTHING. How can something come from nothing? When they pinpoint the very first thing (before strings and alternate universes) to ever exist in time then my questions are answered.

[edit on 25-7-2010 by Come Clean]

YOU are the only one saying scientists know all there is about the universe.
Scientists don't know what happened before the big bang or microseconds after it, but we DO know IT HAPPENED.

You're using a god of the gaps argument.
"We don't know what happened before the big bang, therefore god did it."
We have IDEAS of what could have been before the big bang, the most prominient is the meta-verse, but it has just as much evidence as god and therefore isn't considered a scientific theory.

And you are the one saying God doesn't exist because science has proved that wrong. But on the other hand, you admit scientist don't know everything there is to know about the universe.

How do you reconcile those two diverse opinions?

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   

And you are the one saying God doesn't exist because science has proved that wrong. But on the other hand, you admit scientist don't know everything there is to know about the universe.

I never said any of that.

I'm saying there is currently no evidence for god and therefore no reason to believe in it.

Science can't prove god doesn't exist because that isn't how science works, or how anything works really, it's a logical fallacy.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541
So, let’s play devil’s advocate here a minute.
How many of you folks have been to the site in question?
Raise your hands, yep thought so, no real evidence other than some really cool pictures of something from 200,000 years ago.
Have any of you seen that mossy granite rock on the side of the road?
Yeah the one that is fractured and all discolored, how many years did it takje for that rock to look that way?
I certainly don’t know, but I do know my favorite spot in the Sierras looks much different than it did when I was a kid. Rocks are different fractured and weather worn.
As this is a wilderness area I know no mechanical vehicles have been in there, well no civilian vehicles anyway.
Ok so let me tell you all how this village happens.
The PTB got together and needs an agenda change for one reason or another, so they must rewrite history.
They get a hold of the Disney Imagineers and tell them to build a magical village.
Job done now all they need are cool looking guys in lab coats to say, “Yep that sure is old, looks like 200,000 years by my carbon dating estimates”.
That’s all it takes! Instant history rewrite.
Now some people will say preposterous, I say yeah it is.
But, now the seed has been planted and the conspiracy community has a new seed.
Cheers.

I don't believe it be cuase it has one sources. No credible source = BS PR move/propaganda.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I've come to the rational conclusion that NO ONE can figure it all out. Even if scientists got it all the way down to the first thing that ever existed then they need to explain where did space and time come from.

It's a never ending puzzle that can't be solved.

I ask all scientist and religious leaders to abandon trying to figure it out. It can't be figured out! Something simply can't come from nothing. That's directed at both camps.

Let's put our efforts in ensuring mankind survives no matter what.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   

I'm saying there is currently no evidence for god and therefore no reason to believe in it.

Science can't prove god doesn't exist because that isn't how science works, or how anything works really, it's a logical fallacy.

So explain (through the singularity) how all things came to be. To include alternate universes and string theories. Point me to the very first thing in time that ever existed to create this scientific theory you call the big bang.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   

I've come to the rational conclusion that NO ONE can figure it all out. Even if scientists got it all the way down to the first thing that ever existed then they need to explain where did space and time come from.

It's a never ending puzzle that can't be solved.

I ask all scientist and religious leaders to abandon trying to figure it out. It can't be figured out! Something simply can't come from nothing. That's directed at both camps.

Let's put our efforts in ensuring mankind survives no matter what.

Exactly!
Thats why I don't believe in a god, it's just too easy, too simple of an answer to the overwhelming universe which is probably so complex and bizarre that not even the craziest mental patient has thought about it.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   

So explain (through the singularity) how all things came to be. To include alternate universes and string theories. Point me to the very first thing in time that ever existed to create this scientific theory you call the big bang.

We don't know?
The big bang theory doesn't need to know what was before the singularity, as it's still valid regardless due to the huge amounts of evidence.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Okay I can only find this article I posted concerning this and absolutely nothing else

so I 'm gonna go with Byrd and call them cattle corrals

but really if they were once something else and then were used for cattle corrals doesn't that bring us back to square one ?

see that's what I mean I have questions

seriously? we don't have any South African ATSers?

I think it's a conspiracy

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrsBlonde
Okay I can only find this article I posted concerning this and absolutely nothing else

so I 'm gonna go with Byrd and call them cattle corrals

but really if they were once something else and then were used for cattle corrals doesn't that bring us back to square one ?

see that's what I mean I have questions

seriously? we don't have any South African ATSers?

I think it's a conspiracy

I think it may the the same as this

These people were pastoralists and as pastures in the Magaliesberg were exploited, they moved into the grassland below the Melville Koppies. It is believed they noticed iron deposits in the rock outcrops on the Koppies, and built the iron furnace now excavated. The stone kraal walls just above the furnace were probably built at the same time.

The evidence of dry stone walling at the Koppies suggests permanent settlements in the area. The same walling can be seen at the 600-hectare Klipriviersberg Nature Reserve , just south of the city. "We have found dozens of stone walls, millet seeds and cattle's teeth," says Mason.

Aerial photographs of Klipriviersberg reveal 19 stone-walled Iron Age settlements dating from about 1500AD. A total of 90 sites have been identified in the broader area, suggesting a large, settled pastoral community.

This means that the southern group were pastoralists and agriculturists, whereas the northern group exploited the iron deposits, and kept cattle. "It is likely that the northern and southern groups traded with one another and lived harmoniously," Mason adds.

By 1800AD stone walling was widespread, and cow dung was used as fuel. These Tswana peoples lived on the koppies, building stone walls to surround their inner kraals and living areas, shaped like a sunflower. Cattle, their most important commodity, were housed in the inner circle, safe from predators. Each petal of the sunflower housed a different household, and between these enclosures were smaller enclosures housing smaller animals like calves, goats and chickens.

Read more:www.joburg.org.za...

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Pauligirl

there ya go Pauligirl !!!!!

certainly fits the archeology!

I'm gonna call this solved and leave the human origins topic for another thread

because I have questions about that too

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

Considering the fact that human intelligence was more or less the same...

The Minoans were a more advanced society then we were 150 years ago. The Romans build their arena with a concrete so strong it still stands today. Egyptians build a couple of pyramids with means that we think they used, but they could have never done it in the time we think they did.

How long ago did we loose the idea they were build by Israelite slaves ? People from the stone age build impossible stone formations with stones that can be labeled enormous.

People of the bronze age build a city like with hanging gardens and seem to have an irrigation system flowing upwards.

It appears pyramids are build all over the world for whatever their reasons were.
It seems as if there was some kind of global trade of knowledge. At least...

South America knows whole cities build from gigantic rocks on breath taking altitudes. Note : Without having the wheel invented.

Their is one important difference with today. Their cultures would have a lot of the commodities if not all, we have today. With the natural rhythm of life This would give them an awful lot of time to spare. Giving them the advantage of constructing all kinds of ideas to get the job done..

Like blowing of a mountain top and level it to make it look like a runway and mess with the minds of generations to come.

Their are things that we just can't fully explain. Yet
Were there aliens ? I seriously doubt it.

Well... what would you do with enough spare time to last a life time... ?
I would certainly see myself making something absolutely useless, just because I can.

What do you right about then. Any work available for me to read ?

I never considered islanders caveman actually. Although I do think us continental dwellers barbarians. I love for example Islands ingenuity to use their available resources.
I kind of get a headache listening to a song by Bjork. so..

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   

[edit on 7/25/2010 by Sinter Klaas]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

You know this question does preoccupy me

how come ancient cultures could build things out of Humongous stone blocks ,that nobody today can move ,in places that are nearly impossible to even live in seemingly effortlessly?

honestly I am mystified by this none of the so called explanations for this make any sense if you really think about it

sure it's easy to build the kind of thing in the original post piling up little rocks

but some things well they just don't ad up . I have no idea what changed but something did and we can't do it now , curiouser and curiouser

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by MrsBlonde

i really enjoyed reading that but the article makes one huge mistake. nibiru was not the name of a planet in sumerian texts. that's sitchin's guess of what is depicted in the cylinder seal that he claims shows the solar system with planets. i think it's pleiades, not the solar system, since the glyph for the sun and a star are different in sumerian cuneiform.

also, nibru was the name of enlil's temple city on the euphrates, now called nippur. etymology: nibru, nibbur, nippur. it was associated with the crossing of planets across the meridian of the sky, and meant crossing place, such as the crossing place on the euphrates was at enlil's temple city (nibru-- the crossing place).

nowhere, and i do mean nowhere, in the countless sumerian texts i have read, does it say that nibiru is a planet. in fact, nibiru as a word doesn't exist until babylon, and then it is again a reference to planets like jupiter (called marduk at the time) and mercury, crossing the meridian of the sky. as above, so below. cross the river of sumer, cross the river of the sky.

the rest of the article is fascinating. just wish people would quit quoting sitchin theories as if they were taken straight from the texts.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Oh yes. We are only 200 years or so more advanced than Rome at her height. Rest assured, we know how the pyramids were built. And they could be done in the time allocated. The Egyptians only build pyramids for about 200 years, then they stopped and moved on to the next big thing. No different than our architects of today. neo claissical, modernism, post modernism, new urbanism, etc etc. There's only so much you can develop a pyramid before there's no point to it anymore.

You should read my posts at this topic to learn what I have to say about your thoughts.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
The first thing that struck me was that those piled up rocks do not look old at all. Thousands of years old, and still they sit there piled neatly on top of each other with no signs of wear? Don't think so.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by MrsBlonde

Here is something to let your eyes pop out of their socket.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   

oh I .ve seen that ! he is on to something for sure but, he makes blocks of concrete he doesn't cut stones from a mountain or carry them to where they're being built like on a mountain top, like Machu Pichu, or how about Puma Puchu can he carve hundred ton stone blocks and the slide them together precisely like legos? NO

there's more to building megalithic architecture than is dreamt of in your philosophy Sinter Klaas

know what I mean

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join