It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

200,000 Year Old South African Civlization! color me amazed

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Come Clean

New research answers your question. Some documentary on the science channel with Morgan Freeman talking. I will find it for you.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Extraterrestrials must think we are retarded to the 10th magnitude ,they´ve been leaving us hints and clues for the longest time possibly in hopes we would go "a ha" to not scare us but we as a species are in a vicious cycle of tragic denial and it really sadens to think that i will
probably die with the same basic unanswered questions my ansestors did, question that can probably be answered if researched by enough government funded people for long enough with no detractors slowing the research down or people at the top threatening those who find anything, people will be people in every aspect of life i guess but i hope we change before i die coz the intrigue is killing me...

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

You're welcome.

I understand your problem. My solution is not to understand... Just open minded.
We have always lived in times we had to kiss our understanding goodbye. I suppose that with our current technological advancements, the moments that will make us rethink our understanding will happen more often then we could have imagined a decade ago.

Plus I'm really just a bystander that likes this topic a lot.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Come Clean
Correct me if I'm wrong. Aren't theories observable? At the very least reproduceable? In other words, testable?

No one can test a big bang. They can try underground using colliders but it's not the same thing.

So I argue the big bang is just a counter argument to God. It's not even a real theory to begin with. To me the big bang is just like the bible. So instead of big bang it should be called big bible.

Scientist got it all the way down to the singularity but couldn't explain what happened a split second before that. So in comes alternate universes and string theories. Okay, so where did that come from? At some point you can chase the big bang all the way down this rabbit hole and conclude 1 or 2 things. Something always existed. Or something came from nothing.

The Big Bang's remnant, in the form of radiation, fills the universe. We have evidence that it happened. Current models cannot model the state of matter in the microseconds following the big bang, but there is very little doubt that it happened.

csep10.phys.utk.edu...

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Karilla

This was an expected problem Darwin I think predicted. Effectively, because we are so young, more evidence survived. This makes the path of evolution more clear. Where as with dinosaurs we have 1, maybe 3 fossils every few dozen million years marking clear evolutionary paths, for humans we see a bigger web of evidence that is extremely hard to identify. The fact is that every one of the some 6 or so human species could probably breed with each other. Thus blurring the lines between what defines a species. We see every little drift and so don't know if its genetic drift or a new species.

We as humans evolved too fast, if you will. In a mere 5 million years we went from 1 or 2 groups of apes that walked upright to some half dozen species spread across the world.

So we as humans simply say one thing. We are one. And we killed off every poor bastard that we were not part of. quite sad.

[edit on 25-7-2010 by Gorman91]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

Oh yes I love this subject too. I'm very interested in writing about a group of aliens that could not think exponentially. They could only think linearly and took millions of years to advance. I want to write about their amazement of early man's exponential learning skills. They eventually hybridizes their genes with man to benefit their species and a war they were in. The results were comparable to giving cavemen control of a galactic empire. Did not end well. When mankind enters space and encounters these hybrids, the hybrids want humans to perform new tests. During the years after the war the hybrids won they began redesigning the hybrid genes. But they had no human stock to get new genes from and lost the location of Earth. Earth entering space draws their interest. Some hybrids defend Earth, others fight to take in. Eventually humans learn the truth and realize they caused the problem and feel responsible. Great story to write.

[edit on 25-7-2010 by Gorman91]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
So, let’s play devil’s advocate here a minute.
How many of you folks have been to the site in question?
Raise your hands, yep thought so, no real evidence other than some really cool pictures of something from 200,000 years ago.
Have any of you seen that mossy granite rock on the side of the road?
Yeah the one that is fractured and all discolored, how many years did it takje for that rock to look that way?
I certainly don’t know, but I do know my favorite spot in the Sierras looks much different than it did when I was a kid. Rocks are different fractured and weather worn.
As this is a wilderness area I know no mechanical vehicles have been in there, well no civilian vehicles anyway.
Ok so let me tell you all how this village happens.
The PTB got together and needs an agenda change for one reason or another, so they must rewrite history.
They get a hold of the Disney Imagineers and tell them to build a magical village.
Job done now all they need are cool looking guys in lab coats to say, “Yep that sure is old, looks like 200,000 years by my carbon dating estimates”.
That’s all it takes! Instant history rewrite.
Now some people will say preposterous, I say yeah it is.
But, now the seed has been planted and the conspiracy community has a new seed.
Cheers.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
This has probably already been mentioned by someone else on this post already. the relevance to me stating it again is to declare my two cents on this.

Grants, while more research into this 'anomaly' must be done, the conclusions made by the people who wrote the article on this place as provided by the op require me to now believe in Sitchin's wild hair story of Niburu and the claim that these 'gods' cloned early apeman via the murder of one of their own and - whatever.

So now I have to buy into the Niburu fassod, to believe the story about these ruins that have been given a rediculous date of existance from a sketch of irrelevant rock fomations that use orions belt to yadda yadda yadda

again - WHATEVER...

Best prepare now folks, PlanetX, Nemesis, Niburu, Subaru, Kufu, Cabala - they're all schedualed to arive 12/21/2012 ! maybe, if you go and stock up on Gold now you can save yourself with the sacrifice of that gold to appease these nefarious invaders!!

BWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAA !!!

We need a new set of scientists to please converge on South Africa and leave the sitchin behind! thank you!!!

P.S. - one begins to understand that, as a married couple Zecharia Sitchin and Sorcha Faal really know how to play Mr. and Mrs. Smith, like they wrote the script or something...

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by MrsBlonde

Some people claim there to be myths regarding the Anunnaki using early human slaves to mine gold, supposedly because it protected the atmosphere of their planet.

In the article, page three, they discuss the who's and why's of the possible gold mining operations. Which come from ancient Zulu tribe legends,

Artificially produced flesh and blood slaves created by the First People.

Possible connection?

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by NoHierarchy

all righty then we Humans are 98% Apes whats the 2 percent again ? +40million dna coding that is nothing like Apes + the Junk DNA
www.teachersdomain.org...

Yeah 46 + 2 , Human Chromosome 2 Fusion its a Scientific Fact!!!
it didn't happen by itself! Did it ? .. there had to have been a Ancient biochemist! ( Alien , God, Angels etc.. )

ohh wait i forgot about Oliver 100% Ape that was once thought to be a Humanzee the Research Dna Testing Showed his DNA Make up is Slightly different then the Common Ape as he(oliver) has characteristics that are human like and walks upright! some scientist say that he is just a Unique Bonobo

Physical characteristics Bonobo The Bonobo is sometimes considered to be more gracile than the Common Chimpanzee, and females are somewhat smaller than males. Its head is smaller than that of the Common Chimpanzee with less prominent brow ridges above the eyes. It has a black face with pink lips, small ears, wide nostrils, and long hair on its head that forms a part. Females have slightly more prominent breasts, in contrast to the flat breasts of other female apes, although not so prominent as those of humans. The Bonobo also has a slim upper body, narrow shoulders, thin neck, and long legs when compared to the Common Chimpanzee. The Bonobo walks upright approximately 25% of the time during ground locomotion. Its quadrupedal ground locomotion generally is characterized by forelimb 'palm walking', similar to orangutans and in contrast to the predominant use of knuckles as characteristic of gorillas and the Common Chimpanzees. These physical characteristics and its posture give the Bonobo an appearance more closely resembling that of humans than that of the Common Chimpanzee (see: bipedal Bonobos). The Bonobo also has highly individuated facial features, as humans do, so that one individual may look significantly different from another, a characteristic adapted for visual facial recognition in social interaction.

Source..
www.primarilyprimates.org...

www.google.com... &usg=AFQjCNF82oftgraOUqrKmESdnMhL1-vrNg

video!!
Human Chromosome 2 fusion
www.teachersdomain.org...

Loyd Pye genetic engineering

yep we are a Slave Species i would think .. Modern Humans are the Final Product from the earlier versions of prototypes as the rest of the Hominid, Neanderthal, etc.. or should i say majority.. died out and left behind ( Bigfoot yeti )

For a twist ! of Slave Humans ! there is a thread on ATS that has some interesting views on the property's of gold and its uses! and as some theorized reasons why Slaved Humans were designed to mine the Gold

Why the Annunaki need gold
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Gold for free energy! well sort of ..
For One Tiny Instant, Physicists May Have Broken a Law of Nature
www.thirdeyeconcept.com...

When the gold nuclei, traveling at 99.999% of the speed of light, smashed together, the plasma that resulted was so energetic that a tiny cube of it with sides measuring about a quarter of the width of a human hair would contain enough energy to power the entire United States for a year.

[edit on 25-7-2010 by Wolfenz] for spelling

[edit on 25-7-2010 by Wolfenz]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

I agree.

200,000 years is a very long time, and I doubt ANY remnants of a civilization would survive that long. As I said, they used very circumstantial evidence to date this alleged civilization.

I'm not saying these researchers are necessarily wrong, but at the same time I think their evidence is weak. All the people on this thread who have seemed to swallow this suspect evidence and accept it without question gives me pause and causes me to lose faith in my fellow ATSers critical thinking skills...

...too many people seem to desperately WANT to believe in this sort of stuff so badly that they will accept hypotheses such as this without challenging the research or questioning the researchers' methodology. A few rocks in a line doesn't convince me that they were laid 200,000 years ago.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

Aliens.

But... you said it yourself. If they don't belong with us or are part of us. We annihilate them.

We are the aliens. Just, almost only to ourselves that is..

Our everlasting search for these higher, older, alien ideas are the spark that drives us further on becoming our imagination.
I can imagine 20.000 miles under the sea was a spectacular read a century ago.

This will also explain the gaps in between the advancements of our societies and technologies. It seems we are unable to imagine something without some sort of previous understanding or idea to build upon.

Even ancient scripture tells about us being able to make our imaginations reality, if we work together that is...

Our not so ancient ancestors remembered a catastrophic event. One big enough to wipe out the world as they know it. They also remember a time where man was united before. Capable of realizing their imaginations.

There imaginations left them with a tower. But their world got corrupted. We have similar problems today. Our imaginations actually took us in the heavens this time but it seems corruption will stop us again. Maybe next time the people have a short way to obtain the standards we know today and they will add a next step to our evolution as a species.

What is there so unbelievable about a civilization before us that started the way up ?
It is only logical for us to start over completely the first few tries, others failed. Got them extinct even, or replaced by the next wave of what we now identify as human.

A lot of natural events and happenings occur in some sort of repeating or circular movement. I think this is also a factor in our development as a species, as a society, from generation to generation. We still make the same mistakes our parents did. How many times do we need to repeat this circle and finally pass it behind us. ?

Our technology is what binds us and keeps us from falling to far back. Just like agriculture never was forgotten...

It is intriguing to observe this phenomena in reverse.
When couples get old and unable to participate in life as they used to. Their world narrows down and at the very end it happens that they only complain about everything available to complain about. Making a problem of things they would never even have noticed a decade before. The thing is... It is all they have left. Some like it others not and some never even realize it occurring to them as well.

Continuously circling the same over and over again until we learn and grow or fail and start again a few steps back on track.

With all are limitless knowledge and understanding about stuff we know so little of... We keep telling ourselves we know it all or a lot or more then little...
Still we have not learned to understand. It seems we are not ready yet to advance.

But... ! What do I know... :p

PS

@ OP

Sorry about the whole sharing my thoughts part, but I thought it was relevant for some to, learn, think, seed some perception. Well, mine that is

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Deja vu. I've seen this thread posted here before.

Search for Michael Tellinger shows a few references to this story.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
reply to post by MrsBlonde

Tellinger is like a bad penny. Two years ago he was touting Adam's Calendar. In the years before that he was trying to sell books about humanity as a 'Slave Species.' He was retreading the path of Sitchin with an extra twist along the lines of the Aliens movies. I'd provide a link to his 'Slave Species' website, but it went offline last year. Maybe the wayback machine can find it?

It's possible that he'd set his sights on a kind of Icke fame and exchanged those ambitions for the success of Graham Hancock. Here he is again...maybe three times is a charm?

ETA: Nope...I was wrong...Slave Species lives again. He's on tour again too. Maybe this will be his year at last!

[edit on 25-7-2010 by Kandinsky]

I have to agree with Tellinger and his "slave species" that he has been pushing for sometime. Have it been independently tested for age? Because from looking at all that it reminds me of ancient animal pens with the houses located inside (in order to protect the livestock and the few families). What would be spectacular as I stated before if it was independently tested for it's age is if this was being done over 10,000 years ago or even back 200,000 years ago. Because if so, then it shows that man had animal husbandry and possible farming during the time that many of the MSM scientists say that we should have been foragers and hunters.

Of course it's already been proven if you remember that man was doing husbandry before 10,000 years when we weren't supposed to been doing it. Remember the ATS stories on Çatalhöyük and the temple of Göbekli Tepe, both places in Turkey. I'll post the links, but this showed that we where doing alot before our Western historians said that we should be doing stuff like that.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Karilla

Correct me if I'm wrong. Aren't theories observable? At the very least reproduceable? In other words, testable?

No one can test a big bang. They can try underground using colliders but it's not the same thing.

So I argue the big bang is just a counter argument to God. It's not even a real theory to begin with. To me the big bang is just like the bible. So instead of big bang it should be called big bible.

Scientist got it all the way down to the singularity but couldn't explain what happened a split second before that. So in comes alternate universes and string theories. Okay, so where did that come from? At some point you can chase the big bang all the way down this rabbit hole and conclude 1 or 2 things. Something always existed. Or something came from nothing.

The Big Bang's remnant, in the form of radiation, fills the universe. We have evidence that it happened. Current models cannot model the state of matter in the microseconds following the big bang, but there is very little doubt that it happened.

csep10.phys.utk.edu...

Fair enough....

But I go back to how can scientist on Earth know all there is to know about the universe but they can't cure cancer right here on Earth.

Personally, I believe they know the answer then fill in the blanks with questions. They believe it was a big bang so they rationalize what came before and after. I call this the God complex.

Point being this, when they get all the way down to the first THING that cause this universe (or infinite universes) to form then I will be satisfied.

At some point in time (trillions of years before the singularity) there had to be NOTHING. How can something come from nothing? When they pinpoint the very first thing (before strings and alternate universes) to ever exist in time then my questions are answered.

[edit on 25-7-2010 by Come Clean]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Science adds too but religion remains the same. If the Vatican discloses then the game has changed drastically.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I have been following this particular discovery since it was first announced (originally however the story was that the site could be 450 000 years old).

In the end there are two questions that demand attention:

1) What is an accurate date?

All of the debate is pointless until there is a definitive date put on the site. Once we have a true idea to the age of the site then we can ask the more difficult/inconvenient question.

2) Who built it?

Even if this site is 10 000 years old it points to a societal level that the experts refuse to consider (there are submerged sites all over the world that would only have been dry 8000+ years ago that few serious researchers will go near). At 50 000 years old this site would mean that early man instantly went from the 'cave' to mega-metropolis'.

...and those are the easy dates.

At anything beyond 50 000 years this site becomes the largest, in-your-face Oopart to ever be discovered. Assuming that the age was ever publically acknowledged then the question immediately has to be answered as to who created it.

There in lies the problem: either we built it and our entire history is completely wrong, or someone else built it which means we know even less about this planet's history then we think we do.

Neither of these ideas will ever be voluntarily discussed.

I think the truth about this site will be revealed by how much research goes into it. Like the military, there seems to be a 'don't ask, don't tell' mindset amoung researchers.

Credibility can be indirectly acheived...if no one wants to look at this site then it's probably legit.

Too many careers would be ruined by something like this.

[edit on 25-7-2010 by [davinci]]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

Oh no, just something I'd like to write about. There is no need for aliens in human history. We actually do know how the pyramids were built. And the Greeks and Romans were far more advanced than simple crap like pyramids. If aliens exist, they look at us like rats or ants. This is because of the same problem we see on Earth. Why do Islanders remain stuck in the year 10,000 BC while the rest of the world is not? Because the rest of the world is big and connected. Same thing in space. We are islanders. Simpletons.

My current projections of technology puts humanity on the galactic scale by the end of this century, but time will tell.

As to saying we need something to base our imagination off, it is a fallacy. I know this because I am an architect in training and artist. Oh yes, it helps greatly to have something to base something on. But we do not NEED something for our imaginations. I've designed entire worlds freaky as all can be and technologies that beg to question the sanity of my mind. The simple fact is that while it's fun to build off of what is there, it's far more fun to invent something all its own.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Fair enough....

But I go back to how can scientist on Earth know all there is to know about the universe but they can't cure cancer right here on Earth.

Personally, I believe they know the answer then fill in the blanks with questions. They believe it was a big bang so they rationalize what came before and after. I call this the God complex.

Point being this, when they get all the way down to the first THING that cause this universe (or infinite universes) to form then I will be satisfied.

At some point in time (trillions of years before the singularity) there had to be NOTHING. How can something come from nothing? When they pinpoint the very first thing (before strings and alternate universes) to ever exist in time then my questions are answered.

[edit on 25-7-2010 by Come Clean]

YOU are the only one saying scientists know all there is about the universe.
Scientists don't know what happened before the big bang or microseconds after it, but we DO know IT HAPPENED.

You're using a god of the gaps argument.
"We don't know what happened before the big bang, therefore god did it."
We have IDEAS of what could have been before the big bang, the most prominient is the meta-verse, but it has just as much evidence as god and therefore isn't considered a scientific theory.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
This is my last post because the juice is getting to me.

At some point EVERYONE has to realize something always existed in this universe and other universes and riding the strings.

Something can't come from nothing.

So if we chase the religion thing or the science thing all the way down this rabbit hole, both would have to come up with something always existed at the very beginning of time.

First person to identify that THING is the winner. I'm starting to think we don't exist. We exist in our own minds but we don't exist in the physical world. The reason I say that is NEITHER camp can explain how something came from nothing. God didn't come from nothing. Strings and alternate universes didn't come from nothing. Both of those things can be chased until infinity.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join